Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:08:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've just spoken to the club about Dean! Update!  (Read 13703 times)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: I've just spoken to the club about Dean! Update!
« Reply #60 on January 06, 2013, 10:42:46 am by Viking Don »
Why would Sinclair go back?  He's on loan for the rest of the season...

Think you answered your own question there, he's on loan so will go back unless we buy him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 06, 2013, 10:46:21 am by ravenrover »
Just announced on SKY that permission has now been granted for Wolves to talk to Mr Saunders, Andy Dunne, the journo, reckons it will happen!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 06, 2013, 10:50:41 am by IDM »
Why would Sinclair go back?  He's on loan for the rest of the season...

Think you answered your own question there, he's on loan so will go back unless we buy him.

No, why would his loan end early, he's loaned to the club whoever our manager is?  Is there a caveat that the loan would end if someone wants to buy him from Posh? Of course, a new managber may choose to send him back, but equally he may keep Sinclair.

Posh don't want him after he and a few others broke a club curfew.  Otherwise, he'd be playing week in week out for them.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 06, 2013, 10:53:21 am by Viking Don »
Didn't say he'd end his loan early did I? I said he's got a club (of sorts) to go back to, unlike Fowler.

But that doesn't mean he wont go back early if we get a new manager who doesn't want him, which is what I'd expect to happen.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 06, 2013, 10:58:32 am by IDM »
Viking, you said Sinclair "will go back unless we buy him".  Why would the loan end NOW unless we buy him?

He would return at the end of his loan period (in May) unless we either bought him, someone else bought him, or any new manager sends him back.  There is no mandatory reason why his loan would have to end early if we change manager.  In theory, he has a club to go back to, but they don't want him.

Fowler could go out on loan.  I don't think we can sell him this season, isn't there a rule about a player being registered to a maximum of 2 parent clubs within any one season?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 06, 2013, 11:05:00 am by graingrover »
I was impressed with Dean's positivism from day one and got criticised for being 'almost indecent' in comparing his atttude to the downbeat SOD. In the Wolves interview he will shine and SOD will depress.... unfortunately for Rovers.
                   If he gets the job I would ask Dean to leave behind him the roadmap he has in his head for Rovers in the event we were to get back into the Campionship because this squad is not built for that League , he know it , and undoubtedly knows what extre dimensions we  would need .

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 06, 2013, 11:07:13 am by mushRTID »
I hope if he goes we get an agreement he can't sign our players this window. I'd worry about Jones and Cotterill.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 06, 2013, 11:08:50 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I was impressed with Dean's positivism from day one and got criticised for being 'almost indecent' in comparing his atttude to the downbeat SOD. In the Wolves interview he will shine and SOD will depress.... unfortunately for Rovers.
                   If he gets the job I would ask Dean to leave behind him the roadmap he has in his head for Rovers in the event we were to get back into the Campionship because this squad is not built for that League , he know it , and undoubtedly knows what extre dimensions we  would need .

Unless the new manager is perfectly well equipped to deal with it!!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 06, 2013, 11:24:21 am by Dutch Uncle »
I hope if he goes we get an agreement he can't sign our players this window. I'd worry about Jones and Cotterill.

Swansea wrote something on those lines in the contract when Liverpool took Rodgers. If it comes about hopefully we can do the same

Also we would need to move very fast on extending the contracts of some of the players out of contract this summer - IMHO particularly Spurr, Bennett, Brown, Gary Woods and maybe Martin Woods

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 06, 2013, 11:49:56 am by IDM »
We would need a thorough squad rebuild if we get promoted, regardless of who is manager.  A new man would have his own ideas.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 06, 2013, 11:52:24 am by Viking Don »
Viking, you said Sinclair "will go back unless we buy him".  Why would the loan end NOW unless we buy him?

He would return at the end of his loan period (in May) unless we either bought him, someone else bought him, or any new manager sends him back.  There is no mandatory reason why his loan would have to end early if we change manager.  In theory, he has a club to go back to, but they don't want him.

Fowler could go out on loan.  I don't think we can sell him this season, isn't there a rule about a player being registered to a maximum of 2 parent clubs within any one season?

Don't wanna get into an argument about semantics IDM, but he WILL go back unless we buy him won't he? When is not the issue (is he out of contract at the end of the season, I don't know), I didn't say anything about his loan ending early (though it probably will anyway). The point I was making is that he at least hasn't ripped up his contract with Posh to come and work with DS, like Fowler has with Fleetwood. Fowler sounds like he's in a very vulnerable position now, given his admission of alcoholism.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 06, 2013, 11:53:18 am by Chris Black come back »

Swansea wrote something on those lines in the contract when Liverpool took Rodgers. If it comes about hopefully we can do the same

Also we would need to move very fast on extending the contracts of some of the players out of contract this summer - IMHO particularly Spurr, Bennett, Brown, Gary Woods and maybe Martin Woods

It doesn't quite work like this. As in the normal world, you can have clauses in your contract about not approaching former colleagues and proactively enticing them to leave, but these are easily breached by a player unsettling himself and then just by magic the bid comes in from the club managed by the old manager. Up to club whether they accept that of course. You cannot write into a contract of one person, that a third party can never play for that club - that would be a huge restriction on their employment rights. The days of indentured labour have passed somewhat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 06, 2013, 11:54:10 am by dickos1 »

And then Liverpool signed joe Allen almost immediately

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 06, 2013, 11:54:56 am by Chris Black come back »
Oh and I would gladly carry Bennett all the way to Wolverhampton if they were willing to pay a decent fee for him. He sure as hell wouldn't be bothered to walk there would he?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 06, 2013, 11:56:16 am by Viking Don »

Not often I disagree with you Dutch, but if we could get a few of those off the books it'd be a bonus. Every cloud eh...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 06, 2013, 12:00:42 pm by IDM »
Sorry Viking, I read your first reply to me as a statement that Sinclair will go back if Saunders leaves.  Otherwise, I agree with you - he does have options whereas Fowler is wholly ours.  Fowler could go out on loan.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 06, 2013, 12:19:06 pm by Viking Don »
Ah, I see - no problem IDM, it's a very easy thing to do, done it myself enough times!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 06, 2013, 12:21:22 pm by IDM »
At least if DS goes he will go, and be replaced, quickly.  This will mean player movements in and out can be sorted in the current window and re-settle the team quickly.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 06, 2013, 12:28:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Not often I disagree with you Dutch, but if we could get a few of those off the books it'd be a bonus. Every cloud eh...

Opinions eh VD  ;)

All the above could walk for free in the summer (we might get some compensation for Bennett & G.Woods as they are under 24). I think Spurr is essential, and Brown could still do a job even in the Championship if we get there.  For Martin Woods it depends on his fitness. I am not advocating offering to extend contracts at their presumably current Championship level wages - an offer would be lower with possibly an increase if promotion is attained.

But then again, just my opinion and I certainly respect yours as well; fortunately I am not making the decisions or holding the purse-strings  :) :)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 06, 2013, 12:35:32 pm by Chris Black come back »

Opinions eh VD  ;)

All the above could walk for free in the summer (we might get some compensation for Bennett & G.Woods as they are under 24). I think Spurr is essential, and Brown could still do a job even in the Championship if we get there.  For Martin Woods it depends on his fitness. I am not advocating offering to extend contracts at their presumably current Championship level wages - an offer would be lower with possibly an increase if promotion is attained.

But then again, just my opinion and I certainly respect yours as well; fortunately I am not making the decisions or holding the purse-strings  :) :)

We have got to be realistic here, the only player we have who is going to command a decent fee is Cotterill and he has only got 18months left on his deal. Spurr may get a modest fee as a solid defender at Championship level. Rest we are talking minimal fees if at all.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 06, 2013, 12:38:42 pm by 1879Rovers »

But he signed Joe Allen within a month of taking charge.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 06, 2013, 12:41:45 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I know there was something in the contract along the lines I said, and somehow the Joe Allen situation was amicably resolved - maybe a bid from someone else had been accepted in principle by Swansea first before Liverpool jumped in?   

TinyPortal © 2005-2012