Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:20:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: O'Driscoll rejects Barnsley  (Read 5848 times)

donnymatty

• Forum Member
O'Driscoll rejects Barnsley
« on January 06, 2013, 06:34:49 pm by donnymatty »
He has just rejectes Barnsley and Paul Walker just said he isn't returning to us. Surely not a coincedence this happens around the time the rumour of talks breaking down pops out?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
Re: O'Driscoll rejects Barnsley
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2013, 06:44:00 pm by comeonrovers »
Some idiots on twitter think that he has rejected Barnsley for us.  Quite obvious it is for wolves isn't it

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2013, 06:46:16 pm by PDX_Rover »
Rejecting Barnsley is the only sensible choice for any rational human being...

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2013, 06:50:21 pm by Northants Nomad »
Some idiots on twitter think that he has rejected Barnsley for us.  Quite obvious it is for wolves isn't it

Or he's just rejected it because it's a crap job? After a couple of dismissals/pay-offs, I can't imagine Sean needs to rush into a role financially. He probably thinks his next one needs to have a chance of success - Barnsley doesn't really fit that bill. It may be Wolves, or it may be that he is just looking around at other roles as well and keeping his options open - Prem roles...Villa? Wigan? Championship...Bristol City (linked before).

My view - he turned down Barnsley cos it's a crap job in a no-win, likely-to-go-down position.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2013, 06:50:45 pm by dknward2 »
He would never come back here we have both moved on

I hope he gets his chance at wolves he deserves it and he would be good for them, they just need to look at what he did with Notts forest

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2013, 06:52:25 pm by hoolahoop »

They should ban t**tter .........it attracts t**ts of the highest order.  :saywhat:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2013, 06:52:49 pm by Filo »

Correct, look what it did to Keith Hill, turned him into a rambling nut case!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2013, 06:57:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
At least we have another new song "O'Driscoll said no - Barnsley and Sheffield are shit holes, O'Driscoll said no."

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2013, 07:02:43 pm by hoolahoop »

Correct, look what it did to Keith Hill, turned him into a rambling nut case!

:lol: :lol: :lol:Watch it he could well be our next manager  ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2013, 07:02:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quoted from BBC.

Please Mr Ryan bring back Sean to the Keepmoat as the majority of fans want.

Really? I must be in a minority.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2013, 07:02:59 pm by FuzzyDuck »
From www.dingle.com

Over the past few days there has been speculation regarding Sean O'Driscoll and the position of first team manager at Barnsley Football Club.

Regarding this Sean O'Driscoll has made the following statement:

"I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to have spoken to Barnsley. In my one meeting with the directors I was keen to ascertain exactly what the short and long term strategies and ambitions of the club are and how I may be able to help the club achieve those. At no point were terms discussed by either party.

"Barnsley is a well-run club whose achievements in successfully maintaining their Championship status for so many seasons should never be underestimated. The directors' commitment to and passion for Barnsley FC impressed me. The directors are understandably keen to make a quick appointment to continue the work of trying to retain the club's Championship status once again. But at this moment, and given the extremely disappointing and sudden nature of my departure from Nottingham Forest, I've respectfully declined the opportunity to become Barnsley's next manager. I wish the club, players and supporters all the best for the rest of the season."

The Board of Barnsley Football Club will continue the process of selecting a permanent first team manager of the Club.

Classy as ever from Sean.  I believe he also ruled out a return to the KM

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2013, 07:06:27 pm by Filo »
From www.dingle.com

Over the past few days there has been speculation regarding Sean O'Driscoll and the position of first team manager at Barnsley Football Club.

"I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to have spoken to Barnsley. In my one meeting with the directors I was keen to ascertain exactly what the short and long term strategies and ambitions of the club are and how I may be able to help the club achieve those. At no point were terms discussed by either party.

"Barnsley is a well-run club whose achievements in successfully maintaining their Championship status for so many seasons should never be underestimated. The directors' commitment to and passion for Barnsley FC impressed me. The directors are understandably keen to make a quick appointment to continue the work of trying to retain the club's Championship status once again. But at this moment, and given the extremely disappointing and sudden nature of my departure from Nottingham Forest, I've respectfully declined the opportunity to become Barnsley's next manager. I wish the club, players and supporters all the best for the rest of the season."

The Board of Barnsley Football Club will continue the process of selecting a permanent first team manager of the Club.

So, because of the disappointment and sudden nature of his sacking at Forest he`s turned Barnsley down?

Why apply for the job then?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2013, 07:08:10 pm by Wellred »
From www.dingle.com

So, because of the disappointment and sudden nature of his sacking at Forest he`s turned Barnsley down?

it sounds a pretty arrogant statement to me.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2013, 07:09:44 pm by FuzzyDuck »
He didn't, he was invited for an interview (head-hunted).  My guess would be something at Barnsley didn't work for him and this is a carefully worded rejection of the job.  No bridges burned no of fence caused to anyone.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2013, 07:10:47 pm by donny dave »
He didn't need to turn the Rovers down because he knows that we do not need a manager at this time.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2013, 07:13:46 pm by MachoMadness »
I think he's always had one eye on the Wolves job, obviously the speculation was there that a bad result yesterday would get Solbakken the sack, and Sean's been playing the waiting game while stringing Barnsley along on the backburner. Just conjecture on my part, of course.

And I have no idea why people have suddenly decided there was ever even a tiny possibility of him ever returning here. It seems to be like a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, that sadly some folk across the country have taken seriously.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 06, 2013, 07:14:26 pm by FuzzyDuck »
He didn't turn Rovers down.  How could he, there hasn't been an approach (and nor would there be).  I think he was just pouring cold water on fires of speculation breaking out all over the web.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 06, 2013, 07:14:40 pm by Filo »
He didn't, he was invited for an interview (head-hunted).  My guess would be something at Barnsley didn't work for him and this is a carefully worded rejection of the job.  No bridges burned no of fence caused to anyone.

I beg to differ, he applied for the job

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 06, 2013, 07:15:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
With that statement though, sounds unlikely he'll be going for Wolves job either.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 06, 2013, 07:21:21 pm by hoolahoop »

Ok then he applied for the job  but please highlight which part of the statement that makes you think he's arrogant. I thought it was discreet.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 06, 2013, 07:22:51 pm by Filo »

Ok then he applied for the job  but please highlight which part of the statement that makes you think he's arrogant. I thought it was discreet.

Retract that, I never once stated he was arrogant, I think you need to read posts more carefully

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 06, 2013, 07:25:47 pm by JonWallsend »
From www.dingle.com

How on earth can it be construed as arrogant?
He's not coming back Wellred, which in my opinion is the best for all concerned, you don't need to keep twisting the knife

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 06, 2013, 07:26:47 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry Filo the post should have been aimed at Wellred......my apologies.  :blush:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 06, 2013, 07:27:31 pm by mushRTID »
From www.dingle.com

How?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 06, 2013, 07:28:04 pm by FuzzyDuck »
And where do you get he applied for it?  I don't know he was head-hunted for it but its logical considering Keith Hill lost his just after SOD was fired on 29th December. 

One week to screen applications and arrange an interview.  It's not impossible but they've got their skates on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 06, 2013, 07:31:18 pm by Filo »
And where do you get he applied for it?  I don't know he was head-hunted for it but its logical considering Keith Hill lost his just after SOD was fired on 29th December. 

One week to screen applications and arrange an interview.  It's not impossible but they've got their skates on.

It was mentioned on Football Heaven in the past week, I think it was the same show that said they`d had 30 applicants

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 06, 2013, 07:31:27 pm by dickos1 »
The barnsley owner was on the radio last week talking about Sean, and he stated he would only be interviewed if he applied.
So he applied

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 06, 2013, 07:38:00 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Then I stand corrected.  They've got their skates on.  Respect to my dad's cousin.  You probably know him Filo

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 06, 2013, 07:42:33 pm by Filo »
Then I stand corrected.  They've got their skates on.  Respect to my dad's cousin.  You probably know him Filo

Did n`t make the connection, or am I wide of the mark, is the Barnsley general manager your dads cousin?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 06, 2013, 07:44:59 pm by FuzzyDuck »
He is.  Sadly my dad is terrible at keeping contact with family so I pick up very little from this channel.  He's good for exec box seats at Oakwell when we play them though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012