Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:57:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: conflicting info?  (Read 2635 times)

jonrover

• Forum Member
conflicting info?
« on January 07, 2013, 09:29:24 am by jonrover »
Radio deedah reckon of the 8 on the shortlist 7 are employed...the star reckon only one of seven shortlisted is currently employed.

Which is correct?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
Re: conflicting info?
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2013, 09:34:15 am by ArmthorpeRover »
Pretty sure SM said it was the 7 with 1 last night.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2013, 09:35:48 am by GazLaz »
Radio Sheffield get the best info I think.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2013, 09:46:21 am by silent majority »
Radio Sheffield get the best info I think.

Really?? I doubt that very much.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2013, 09:52:58 am by Lincoln Rover »
 :rtid:Agreed. Radio Sheffield every time for what's going off. These are the blokes who speak to the people in the know all the time. Now and again mistakes made but if I was betting man ( and I am not) then THEY already know JRs number one target. Just out of interest if you ever spend five mins REALLY getting to know the reporters and LISTEN to what they see say, we would all be better informed. RTID.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2013, 09:55:48 am by silent majority »
:rtid:Agreed. Radio Sheffield every time for what's going off. These are the blokes who speak to the people in the know all the time. Now and again mistakes made but if I was betting man ( and I am not) then THEY already know JRs number one target. Just out of interest if you ever spend five mins REALLY getting to know the reporters and LISTEN to what they see say, we would all be better informed. RTID.

I suppose my conversation yesterday and again this morning with Gavin, who will be doing the interviews by the way, is misleading in some way?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2013, 09:58:32 am by StocktonRover »
SM - It goes without saying that the 2 Radio Sheff supporters are clearly not aware of your links with the club.

Keep up the good stream of factual information - its greatly appreciated  :thumbsup:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2013, 09:59:20 am by GazLaz »
Sorry SM I was comparing RS to the Star. I didn't realise you had already announced what was happening.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2013, 10:00:31 am by Wellred »
The Star can't even get the photos of players correct so what chance of this information being right?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2013, 10:48:51 am by Lifelong supporter »
The Star had a report on their website saying Flynn and Jones would be in charge for now before Radio Deedah and even before Silent. I think the Star was always a bit behind the times under Hossack but since Goodwin took over there's been a big improvement.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2013, 10:54:07 am by Filo »
The Star had a report on their website saying Flynn and Jones would be in charge for now before Radio Deedah and even before Silent. I think the Star was always a bit behind the times under Hossack but since Goodwin took over there's been a big improvement.

believe me SM knew well before the Star but held back until the relevant parties were consulted

Journo`s tend to jump the gun a little to create sensationalism and claim an exclusive, the same paper got it spectrally wrong regarding SoD and barnsley on saturday, sometimes the rush to get the news out can come back and bite you on the arse!

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2013, 12:04:56 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I've no doubt SM did know. All I was saying is that the Star has changed since Goodwin took over and he seems pretty close to the club, unlike the Sheffield based Deedah people.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2013, 12:32:55 pm by silent majority »
I could have posted that on Saturday night as it was part of plan B, however the club needed to speak to Flynn before they wanted to make it official news, and they only did that this morning. I agreed that we should hold back until he had been informed and that he agreed he wanted to do it. By all accounts he's relishing the challenge and is on his way to Doncaster.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2013, 12:42:06 pm by Lincoln Rover »
SM not in the slightest am I saying  your comments are misleading. I am simply  stating the RADIO station I trust the most is RS. I would not listen to talk sport as I am of a certain age and in the main trust the BBC more than others. If you took it that I was undermining or calling you then I would apologise.it was not meant to seem that at all. Hopefully that puts my opinion in a clearer light.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2013, 01:24:22 pm by graingrover »
Steady Lincoln Rover .. you must recognise that for the media, information management is a job , for others it is much more .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2013, 01:27:27 pm by Filo »
Steady Lincoln Rover .. you must recognise that for the media, information management is a job , for others it is much more .

Yes putting out speculation sells newspapers, they did n`t manage the info about SoD going to Barnsley did they, got it wrong big style, but it probably sold a few papers

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2013, 01:29:56 pm by MachoMadness »
Paper have nowt to lose on speculation and everything to gain. Unless it's libelous they can print what they like, and if it doesn't come true everyone will forget about it. Remember when the Sun said we were after Tevez? I bet you didn't until I just mentioned it, but I bet that story sold a fair few papers even though it reached unparalleled levels of b*llocks.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2013, 02:10:23 pm by benaldo »
It's amazing how many people do the "I know more than you do" "I knew first" "My information is better than so and so's information" at times like this.

I would honestly have thought that not one person who posts on here SHOULD know any more than my chickens about who the next manager is going to be. On the remote outside chance they have picked up some hinted-at gossip, I would have hoped they had the intelligence and good grace to remain schtum about it.

Still, I guess some get off on the whole ego trip.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012