Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:25:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Opinions On Tonights Meeting  (Read 14033 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Opinions On Tonights Meeting
« Reply #60 on January 10, 2013, 01:44:31 pm by RobTheRover »
Probably not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 10, 2013, 01:46:13 pm by hoolahoop »
Probably not.

That's it typical ......keeping them all to yourself as usual.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 10, 2013, 03:19:00 pm by BobG »
Brill Rob! Top man.

And if you can see your way to responding, positively, to Hools' request, I can see a new career blossoming.

BobG

doncarski

« Reply #63 on January 10, 2013, 03:20:04 pm by doncarski »
Hi all,

I am the Polish guy you spoke about earlier. I used to go to all home games and seen Hull away game last season.

To answer some of your questions:

I think there is 15000-20000 Poles in Doncaster area.

Over 20 pounds for a ticket is a high price to pay for the average Pole.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 10, 2013, 03:27:32 pm by BobG »
Hi Doncarski :)Welcome to the site.

I don't have any influence with anybody at all at the Rovers but I'm sure various people on here, including Rob the Rover, will want to explore the views of you and your friends. Hope to see you at the KM sometime soon.

Cheers

BobG

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 10, 2013, 03:52:23 pm by River Don »
Hi all,

I am the Polish guy you spoke about earlier. I used to go to all home games and seen Hull away game last season.

Welcome to the site.

It's good to know we have some Polish support.

We thought the price might be a bit steep, it is for all of us! You say used to go to the home games, have you stopped now? Too expensive?

How does English lower league football compare with Poland?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 10, 2013, 04:11:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
To be fair if the ticket price was £15 wouldn't we earn around the same amount after taking into consideration the rise in attendance?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 10, 2013, 04:17:44 pm by River Don »
To be fair if the ticket price was £15 wouldn't we earn around the same amount after taking into consideration the rise in attendance?

Probably not, they'll work out ticket prices to try and maximise the take but there might be other benefits if they were to try something along those lines, like more food and merchandise sold.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:35:58 pm by River Don »

doncarski

« Reply #68 on January 10, 2013, 04:40:20 pm by doncarski »
Welcome to the site.

We thought the price might be a bit steep, it is for all of us! You say used to go to the home games, have you stopped now? Too expensive?

I don't go as often as I used to mainly because lack of time. I run a website for Polish community in Donny and tried to put news and photos from Rovers games to attract some more people. I spoke with former Rovers rugby press officer about Polish community and trying to get them come and see games.

Footbal in Poland is as big as here, my team Lechia Gdansk has a brand new stadium 42000 capacity

- tickets are cheap - 5-15 pounds and still only 10000-12000 people go.

There is one significant difference there is usually 1000-2000 policemen during a game, barbed wire 9 foot tall between fans and the pitch:). 

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 10, 2013, 04:55:20 pm by River Don »
Welcome to the site.

I don't go as often as I used to mainly because lack of time. I run a website for Polish community in Donny and tried to put news and photos from Rovers games to attract some more people. I spoke with former Rovers rugby press officer about Polish community and trying to get them come and see games.

Footbal in Poland is as big as here, my team Lechia Gdansk has a brand new stadium 42000 capacity

- tickets are cheap - 5-15 pounds and still only 10000-12000 people go.

There is one significant difference there is usually 1000-2000 policemen during a game, barbed wire 9 foot tall between fans and the pitch:). 

Thanks for your efforts in trying to promote the Rovers, as you know we need all the support we can get!

Regarding the Gdansk stadium, that's what happened in Portugal after the European Championships too. They built a lot of big new stadiums that they couldn't fill when the event was over.

I must say, it looks smart at night illuminated like that.

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 10, 2013, 05:02:36 pm by paddy hoops »
Couldn't the VSC suggest to the club that it'd be a good idea to get the Rovers in the Community group to visit the Polish/Ukrainian/eastern European association clubs. Surely this would be a better strategy for community involvement than just handing out free tickets.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOPS!!!! :scarf:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 10, 2013, 05:15:47 pm by hoolahoop »
Hi all,

Welcome to the site from me too and thanks for getting in touch. Do you think it would be helpful to have an official newsletter or even a forum such as we have on occasions with an interpreter present to introduce the club to the local Polish community ?
These are just ideas we are all exploring to try and increase our fanbase as well as reflect the 'community' spirit of our club. perhaps you have some to ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 10, 2013, 05:25:18 pm by RedJ »
Would it not be worth having a director dedicated to reaching out to the minorities such as the Poles?

doncarski

« Reply #73 on January 10, 2013, 05:33:40 pm by doncarski »
Would it not be worth having a director dedicated to reaching out to the minorities such as the Poles?

Or a Pole who is willing to help with that. I am up for anything really to help Poles bond and integrate and football is one of many things we have in common. As I said I run a website for Polish people in Doncaster and I am open for any suggestions or ideas.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 10, 2013, 05:35:16 pm by RedJ »

Or a Pole who is willing to help with that. I am up for anything really to help Poles bond and integrate and football is one of many things we have in common. As I said I run a website for Polish people in Doncaster and I am open for any suggestions or ideas.

Sign him up sign him up sign him up :thumbsup:

I think (I may not be within my rights not being a member just yet) this is definitely an avenue worth going down - it can't do any harm, that's for sure.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 10, 2013, 05:39:03 pm by River Don »

I would suggest you want to speak to Gavin Baldwin then. He's the man who can make things happen at the Rovers these days. And of course the VSC people.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:43:57 pm by River Don »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 10, 2013, 05:42:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Sign him up sign him up sign him up :thumbsup:

I think (I may not be within my rights not being a member just yet) this is definitely an avenue worth going down - it can't do any harm, that's for sure.

Absolutely agree and I think it would be a better idea  for someone like doncarski who already has links.
I'm sure one of the VSC directors will be on the case

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 10, 2013, 05:44:07 pm by hoolahoop »

Does this website of yours have many Polish business people contributing to it ? I'm thinking along the lines of advertising games in the Polish language, leaflets, newsletters et al.

doncarski

« Reply #78 on January 10, 2013, 05:49:52 pm by doncarski »
Does this website of yours have many Polish business people contributing to it ? I'm thinking along the lines of advertising games in the Polish language, leaflets, newsletters et al.

I also run a web design company and deal with a lot of Polish businesses - websites, leaflets etc.

My site http://www doncarski.co.uk has space for banners and some Polish business do use it to advertise, there is also free Classifieds system on the website. If anyone wants a free Classified please email it to doncarski@doncarski.co.uk I will translate it to Polish if needed and publish it. Hope it doesn't look like self marketing the question was asked and I really want to help to make Polish people visit Keepmoat.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 10, 2013, 05:56:38 pm by hoolahoop »

I also run a web design company and deal with a lot of Polish businesses - websites, leaflets etc.

My site http://www doncarski.co.uk has space for banners and some Polish business do use it to advertise, there is also free Classifieds system on the website. If anyone wants a free Classified please email it to doncarski@doncarski.co.uk I will translate it to Polish if needed and publish it. Hope it doesn't look like self marketing the question was asked and I really want to help to make Polish people visit Keepmoat.

Cheers doncarski I'm sure someone will be contacting you shortly. It sounds like you have a very useful network incidentally do other Eastern  Europeans take part in your forum i.e Ukrainians, Latvians, Lithuanians etc ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 10, 2013, 06:55:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Looks to be a very useful site. I have a good feeling about this however I can understand his viewpoint on cost.

I have a friend who is exiled in Hannover and comes over normally at Christmas and he goes regularly to their games. Beautiful stadium. He's been to one or two matches at the KM but is bewildered by how much we pay. He says 15 euro for a top seat at Hannover and much less if you are a ST holder.

As eluded to before, in addition to the safe standing, we have much to learn from the continent. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 10, 2013, 07:10:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
German football at the moment is the best run in the world. Fans can stand at games and get in for £15 and clubs don't have crippling debts. Would love English football to take note instead of keeping out-pricing the middle class man.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 10, 2013, 07:10:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Looks to be a very useful site. I have a good feeling about this however I can understand his viewpoint on cost.

I have a friend who is exiled in Hannover and comes over normally at Christmas and he goes regularly to their games. Beautiful stadium. He's been to one or two matches at the KM but is bewildered by how much we pay. He says 15 euro for a top seat at Hannover and much less if you are a ST holder.

As eluded to before, in addition to the safe standing, we have much to learn from the continent. 

We should be learning that running half empty stadia is not good business  they have less atmosphere and therefore a 'turn off' for floating fans and there is far less opportunity to make money from food, drink and buying club merchandise.
Why can't/won't they see this ?? :headbang:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 10, 2013, 07:12:14 pm by RedJ »
German football at the moment is the best run in the world. Fans can stand at games and get in for £15 and clubs don't have crippling debts. Would love English football to take note instead of keeping out-pricing the middle class man.
Not to mention free rail travel to the match with each ticket.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 10, 2013, 07:16:33 pm by River Don »

Really? That's brilliant. Just local train services surely?

Be nice if you could get free bus travel to the KM with your ticket.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:21:42 pm by River Don »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 10, 2013, 07:22:22 pm by RedJ »

Really, that's brilliant? Just local train services surely?

Yep, I'm sure you can. Think it's to any away game (although someone who's been more regularly will know better).

I'd guess the clubs and the rail companies have some sort of tie in so they both cash in.

German efficiency, eh.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 10, 2013, 07:22:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Interesting read about the Bundesliga, if anyone wants it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 10, 2013, 07:27:34 pm by hoolahoop »

Really, that's brilliant? Just local train services surely?

RD they will never look at that it's the security of the guaranteed 'fleece' that owners and Directors look at  there is NEVER any lateral thinking.
Sorry take that back , there are odd examples Bradford City being one example  and over 22,000 there against Villa. There were that many there because they are encouraged to go on a regular basis and it's not extortionate aside from the prestige fixture.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 10, 2013, 07:30:15 pm by River Don »
Yep according to that article free rail travel to away games with a match day ticket in Germany...

Jeez. I've just spent £50 to get to Stevenage and back!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 10, 2013, 07:35:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep according to that article free rail travel to away games with a match day ticket in Germany...

Jeez. I've just spent £50 to get to Stevenage and back!

Any restrictions on journey length RD ? Sounds like we are even further behind than I thought Jeez.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012