Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:07:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wheelchair "Pushers"  (Read 4007 times)

bigdonnybob

• VSC Member
Wheelchair "Pushers"
« on January 14, 2013, 05:43:38 pm by bigdonnybob »
Am  I reading the latest ticket information, as published on Rovers website, right? Does this mean that people who need a carer to push their wheelchair will no longer get the free carers ticket?
These disabled people have had this facility for, what seems like, ever, and now they are going to face a 100% increase in ticket price.
If, there are, lets say 30 people in wheelchairs and the club think that by charging the 'carers' they will get an increase in revenue of £9000 Then I think that they might need to think in terms of £9000 lost because a lot of these people just will not come because they cannot afford it.

I append below the relavent paragraphs copied from the DROS.
I hope I am wrong.

New disabled season ticket holders

After taking advice from relevant organisations and other football clubs, Doncaster Rovers are changing their policy for disabled season ticket holders.  Rather than being offered a concessionary price plus a free carer, the price for new disabled season ticket holders will be equivalent to their appropriate age and chosen seating area.

Existing disabled season ticket holders

The club are keen to acknowledge the loyalty of our existing disabled season ticket holders and therefore any 2012.13 disabled season ticket holder will be able to purchase their 2013.14 season ticket at the same rate of a senior in their chosen seating area.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Wheelchair "Pushers"
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2013, 05:45:40 pm by RedJ »
The way I read that, it just means the disabled person has to pay for their age range rather than concession price, nothing stands out to me as saying carers are no longer free.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2013, 05:49:11 pm by silent majority »
The carers will still be free. Existing ST holders will continue to buy at the current concessionary rate.

New disabled ST holders though will pay the appropriate price for their age and get a carer free.

bigdonnybob

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2013, 05:53:35 pm by bigdonnybob »
Thanks, Silent Majority, Maybe me, but it didn't/doesn't seem very clear.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 14, 2013, 09:10:25 pm by Jenny »
It is not clear at all - the club have had lots of calls to confirm the position.

Expect the position to change again before the start of the 2014/2015 season as well.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 15, 2013, 01:26:56 am by silent majority »
It is not clear at all - the club have had lots of calls to confirm the position.

Expect the position to change again before the start of the 2014/2015 season as well.

Why would you?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2013, 08:34:39 am by nice one rovers »
I'd like the forum's opinion. I know a fella who sits in the west stand , who is the carer for a lad with autistism. Only once this year has the disabled lad been to the game with the "carer", but the carer still gets in for free, and when very rarely questioned, he just says that the lad didn't feel up to it today. It winds me up really.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 15, 2013, 08:56:51 am by donnievic »
I'd like the forum's opinion. I know a fella who sits in the west stand , who is the carer for a lad with autistism. Only once this year has the disabled lad been to the game with the "carer", but the carer still gets in for free, and when very rarely questioned, he just says that the lad didn't feel up to it today. It winds me up really.
in that case then his ticket should be invalid as you can't use carer ticket on its own

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 15, 2013, 08:57:16 am by VivaRovers »
Bit disappointed... thought this thread was going to be about people dealing in wheelchairs

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2013, 10:25:27 am by Jenny »

Why would you?
Because the club have said they are still looking at the position around prices & 'best practice' and said that whilst policy has changed for new season ticket holders this coming season it isn't set in stone yet.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2013, 11:27:18 am by jucyberry »

Why would you?
Because the club have said they are still looking at the position around prices & 'best practice' and said that whilst policy has changed for new season ticket holders this coming season it isn't set in stone yet.

Now have image of dodgy looking men in macs and sunglasses  opening their coats and going Pssssst mate wanna buy a wheelchair? All flash Harry-like.. :)

tut, this was supposed to quote Viva's post not this one..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:27:07 pm by jucyberry »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 15, 2013, 12:13:25 pm by silent majority »

Why would you?

Jenny,

It doesn't say that at all. It quite clearly says for New season ticket applicants then they will be charging the appropriate rate with a carer included in that rate. I do know the club consulted other clubs before making that decision.

It also says the club have decided to continue to offer the concessionary rate plus a carer for existing ST holders.

Nowhere does it say they are still looking at it. Please, lets not spread misinformation around, existing ST holders don't need that when trying to arrive at a decision whether to renew or not.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 15, 2013, 12:41:04 pm by Jenny »
Maybe you should tell the club not to spread misinformed information to exisiting disabled season ticket holders - what I posted came from a conversation with someone at the club when clarifying the position.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2013, 02:55:29 pm by silent majority »
Maybe you should tell the club not to spread misinformed information to exisiting disabled season ticket holders - what I posted came from a conversation with someone at the club when clarifying the position.

Well obviously your conversation took place some time ago when the club were speaking to others to see what 'best practice' included. The statement makes it clear they have finalised that and set the prices for season 2013/14. Surely the spreading of correct information is what they were doing when they released the statement. Why does everybody look for the negative in everything?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2013, 03:12:02 pm by Jenny »
Where have I tried to find a negative aside from saying that the information wasn't clear? Surely everyone is agreed on that, given the number of times that the club have had to confirm the position?

The conversation took place last week, AFTER the initial statement was released in respect of prices. We were told that whilst they have changed policy for new season ticket holders for 2013/2014 there may be further changes for 2014/2015 as they continue to review the pricing structure for disabled fans.

I have simply passed on what I have been told, if I have been misinformed, then fair enough, but before you jump down my throat for spreading misinformed information all I am asking you to understand is that it came from someone at the club....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2013, 03:45:25 pm by silent majority »
Jenny,

You posted this,

'Because the club have said they are still looking at the position around prices & 'best practice' and said that whilst policy has changed for new season ticket holders this coming season it isn't set in stone yet.'

That to me is misleading when the club gave already stated the prices for the next season then this just confuses. However I'm happy to speak to the club to make sure they are not providing confusion over the phone. Do you know who you spoke to? Apologies for jumping down your throat, it wasn't intentional.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2013, 10:50:06 pm by yapper1901 »
Jenny,

You posted this,

'Because the club have said they are still looking at the position around prices & 'best practice' and said that whilst policy has changed for new season ticket holders this coming season it isn't set in stone yet.'

That to me is misleading when the club gave already stated the prices for the next season then this just confuses. However I'm happy to speak to the club to make sure they are not providing confusion over the phone. Do you know who you spoke to? Apologies for jumping down your throat, it wasn't intentional.

hi silent

any chance to get the club to release a statement to say there postion 2014/2015 and going forward. i know its a season away and i appreciate the club have kept the rates for disabled at same as last year for next season but it would be great to be able to clarify the clubs position for excisting season ticket holders and not have them thinking great for next season but are we going to get screwed the season after

big thanks in advance

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2013, 12:10:33 am by silent majority »
Yapper,

I can ask, but I guarantee the answer will be that they won't commit right now to something that is 18 months away. After my discussions with the club the position is that they will stand by their existing disabled ST holders for the foreseeable future, much as they will say the same about all ST holders. Beyond next season anything might happen.

As ST holders we should enjoy this season, enjoy the position of no increase for the next season and worry about the season after at some point down the road, certainly not right now.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2013, 12:56:46 am by yapper1901 »
Yapper,

I can ask, but I guarantee the answer will be that they won't commit right now to something that is 18 months away. After my discussions with the club the position is that they will stand by their existing disabled ST holders for the foreseeable future, much as they will say the same about all ST holders. Beyond next season anything might happen.

As ST holders we should enjoy this season, enjoy the position of no increase for the next season and worry about the season after at some point down the road, certainly not right now.

I agree with you. Its a great time to be a rovers fan

But if you could ask as its going to be almost double for future seasons so it would be nice to prepare.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2013, 05:54:22 pm by yapper1901 »
Yapper,

I can ask,

Hi silent

did you manage to ask and did you get a answer ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2013, 09:54:07 pm by silent majority »
Yes I did.

The answer is that they don't envisage any major changes in policy for 2014/15, however its that far down the road that nothing can be guaranteed, and that goes for all ST holders.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012