Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:02:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury Away Day.  (Read 19369 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Bury Away Day.
« on January 16, 2013, 11:03:01 am by GazLaz »
It's looking likely that Bury on the 2nd February will be our next competitive match. Their away end holds about 2100 and tickets will be less than £20. Can we try and get this sold out? It's not too far to travel and people have plenty of time to save up so there is no excuse.
They only usually get about 3000 at home so we could take over the place. Lets put a marker down as not only the bet side in the league on the pith but the best away fans as well! Seeing the away end full will give the boys a massive lift as well and they might just need kick starting after 3 weeks off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
Re: Bury Away Day.
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2013, 11:17:18 am by rtidbelly »
im going with 3 friends, even bringing a lad from university to his first away game. hoping to convince a few more to come along as well think anything 1500+ would be a fantastic turnout tbh but yeah a sold out away end would certainly lift the players.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2013, 11:20:00 am by Retdon1 »
Theirs 10 of us going up for the weekend 4 who arnt even donny fans but coming for the piss up lets get this sold out.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2013, 11:27:33 am by rtidbelly »
anyone bought train tickets? how much were they if you have and where from. dont know whether to go on coach and use money saved on beer or go on train and have a early start.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2013, 11:30:59 am by GazLaz »
Yep the club should be pushing it and the fans should too. Can I recommend to people that have never been to an away game that they try it. If you enjoy home games then times the fun by about 20 then that's equivalent to an away game. People should be gagging to watch a game by then!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2013, 11:33:55 am by GazLaz »
Be about £25 I think, and you have to change at Manchester. Can drive it in just over an hour though.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2013, 11:49:56 am by Mr1Croft »
You can get a return Doncaster to Manchester Piccadilly from £18 if you book in advance. and then you need to take the tram to Bury Metrolink station which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2013, 11:55:16 am by rtidbelly »
might just go on coach alot of messing about, and im not the brightest either so i probably wont find my way then end up at ground about 2:45.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2013, 12:05:42 pm by GazLaz »
Could the club put on subsidised bus travel for this one perhaps if the weekends game is off, as a good will gesture or maybe a ticket and travel package.  And maybe run an earlier bus for people that want to get there a bit earlier for a drink etc. I don't go on the bus but some people might want this.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2013, 12:13:56 pm by rtidbelly »
could be something that, id take up the opportunity to say, set off an hour earlier, get there for 11:30 ish. get some dinner few beers. club could encourage 1500+ to go by offering travel for £10 and subsidize the other £3-5 per person the original price set by supporters clubs. adults tickets are between £17-19 so ticket and travel for less than £30 would probably bring and extra 800 or so. would love the old days of 1500 to macclesfield 1200 to oxford like in the division 3 winning season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2013, 12:18:05 pm by MrFrost »
could be something that, id take up the opportunity to say, set off an hour earlier, get there for 11:30 ish. get some dinner few beers. club could encourage 1500+ to go by offering travel for £10 and subsidize the other £3-5 per person the original price set by supporters clubs. adults tickets are between £17-19 so ticket and travel for less than £30 would probably bring and extra 800 or so. would love the old days of 1500 to macclesfield 1200 to oxford like in the division 3 winning season.

We took 2500 to Oxfordf that season, and the same number to Rochdale on a Tuesday night!

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2013, 12:22:01 pm by rtidbelly »
my apologies, i didnt go but can remember we took a large following. maybe something to ask club about, can only say no cant they. dont rovers get a percentage of ticket sales, could maybe earn the money back from the ticket sales, and if you got 1000 going on coach some are going to nip club shop before hand whilst they are there. before coach left for stevenage i bought a jumper and a scarf purley because i was there and under estimated to coldness of the day.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2013, 12:22:39 pm by GazLaz »
We would take 1200 at least anyway but with a bit of marketing we could sell out easily. Just gives us more of a chance of keeping that momentum going and shows the league we mean business.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2013, 12:29:48 pm by rtidbelly »
look at coventry a few week back 5000 to mk dons, as far as i am aware there was no real marketing done to attract these. admittedly coventry are a bigger club and it was a new ground for them to visit but just under half of their home support traveled, we are joint top as it stands 800 went to stevenage a 2 and half hour trip should be taking double that at least plus if club can offer anything 2000 is very achievable   

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 16, 2013, 01:03:26 pm by Muttley »
could be something that, id take up the opportunity to say, set off an hour earlier, get there for 11:30 ish. get some dinner few beers.

The old bill would have something to say about that - they don't like away coaches arriving in town much before kick-off

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 16, 2013, 05:00:30 pm by Rios »
You can get a return Doncaster to Manchester Piccadilly from £18 if you book in advance. and then you need to take the tram to Bury Metrolink station which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground.

I make the opposite trip for every Rovers home game.  The direct train from Donny (via Sheffield) is quite small and gets very busy and that's without football fans on it.  Booking this close in advance isn't going to save you much (if anything) and the price has just gone up to £19 for buying on the day.  Booking will reserve a seat but it could get called off.  You can get a tram from Picadilly to Bury and it's also just gone up.  I go to Prestwich which is £3.60 so expect £4+ to Bury return.  Ground is a quick walk away and the town and market is right next to the tram stop... so plenty of pubs and food for those going early!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2013, 05:40:55 pm by donnievic »
Could the club put on subsidised bus travel for this one perhaps if the weekends game is off, as a good will gesture or maybe a ticket and travel package.  And maybe run an earlier bus for people that want to get there a bit earlier for a drink etc. I don't go on the bus but some people might want this.
  why should the club do that and lay on busus.

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2013, 06:04:16 pm by danum »
Supporters Club Coach departs Ivanhoe - at Sprotbrough 11-05 (I think)

Book Early - PM me

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 16, 2013, 06:05:09 pm by podrover73 »
You get a subsidised deal by going with the Supporters club buses.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2013, 07:29:57 pm by RedArmy »
didnt sheff wed and united take over bury at cruical stage of the season last year?

lets do the same. :rtid:

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 16, 2013, 07:45:41 pm by ferribyrover »
There will be 4 of us, including a ManU fan coming to his first proper match. We are in Manc for weekend so will try the tram and also a few beers before the game. Already looking forward to it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 16, 2013, 08:22:16 pm by RobTheRover »
And for those stopping over why not nip to the Urbis centre in Manchester and visit the National Football Museum. I went in the new year before I went back to work and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's just a short hop from Bury on the tram to Victoria then a 2 minute walk. And at the moment there is a huge exhibition of Stuart Roy Clarke's iconic ground photos including THAT one peeking through the gates at OBV.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 16, 2013, 09:07:03 pm by normal rules »
When was the last time
you went away fella, we took 1400 to notts county this season. Rovers are very well supported away from home, always have been and this season is no different.

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 16, 2013, 09:50:35 pm by RedmanRufus »

That's what we're doing, not much confusion pretty straight forward.

You reds

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 16, 2013, 10:03:07 pm by ponte_ricky »
I'm going to be at this as I live in Salford. cant wait, love away games, wish i could get to more :rtid:

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 16, 2013, 10:18:10 pm by rtidbelly »
last time i went away fella was saturday at stevenage, time before that? preston then oldham any more questions?. been to as many as i can get too, so far 7 away this season plus every home game. at 19 and a student cant get to every game, wasn't slating the support just felt back then we were taking 1000+ more regular even though we was a newly promoted conference side feel we slipped in past few years, middlesbrough away last game of season 2 years back, just secured survival 1:30hr mins away and we took 1000. sorry for having an opinion like.

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 16, 2013, 10:25:06 pm by ponte_ricky »
yeah i wanted to get to oldham and preston but it was boxing day week and i happen to work in retail so it was a write off. bad luck or what

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2013, 10:37:18 pm by rtidbelly »
division 3 winning season we took around 1000 to both cheltenham and yeovil on tuesday nights, both were around February and march. filled 3000 to hull on a tuesday night telling me we can do that again? not knocking support as it is still a good league 1 away attendance, probably in top 4/5 for this league but we had a season selling around 90% of seats available at each away game in league 2 why cant we be near them levels again after 4 seasons in the second tier. not slating support just looking how we can improve it further.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2013, 12:14:50 am by RedArmy »
division 3 winning season we took around 1000 to both cheltenham and yeovil on tuesday nights, both were around February and march. filled 3000 to hull on a tuesday night telling me we can do that again? not knocking support as it is still a good league 1 away attendance, probably in top 4/5 for this league but we had a season selling around 90% of seats available at each away game in league 2 why cant we be near them levels again after 4 seasons in the second tier. not slating support just looking how we can improve it further.

prices? recession? people have kids? the month after christmas?
shall i go on?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 17, 2013, 06:50:54 am by coventryrover »
Back to this Chestnut of who's the most loyal supporter...get a grip, we all support the same team.

Some have finances to go to every game, some can only get to one game a season, so what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012