Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:20:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 5 free tickets  (Read 4927 times)

oliver

• VSC Member
5 free tickets
« on January 26, 2013, 04:08:30 pm by oliver »
I have an oap season ticket do I have to take 5 oaps to the game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: 5 free tickets
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2013, 04:10:27 pm by RedJ »
Yes, unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2013, 04:14:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I would approach Tracy at the ticket office.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2013, 04:19:47 pm by roversontheup »
Sort of waters down the offer if people are restricted to who they may take to a game. Perhaps this could be raised by the VSC. 

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2013, 05:16:59 pm by DN8ROVER »
Could the extra be paid to make up the difference on an adult ticket?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2013, 05:41:22 pm by donnievic »
Sort of waters down the offer if people are restricted to who they may take to a game. Perhaps this could be raised by the VSC. 
depends I have 3 kids season tickets but bit unfair if I could bring 15 adults in with them

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2013, 07:36:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
depends I have 3 kids season tickets but bit unfair if I could bring 15 adults in with them
With the kids tickets could be a good move to just include free kids tickets. One very good way of getting more kids following the club.
Maybe also worth the club thinking of adding a number (5?) of free kids tickets onto adult tickets anyway, as an extra to the free adults tickets. Its no loss to the club, and always likely there'd be money made from drinks and so on, as well as building the fan base.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2013, 08:11:08 pm by DonnyRTID »

You can take/give them to anyone under 17 as well.

JFEDIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2013, 08:18:52 pm by JFEDIR »
What about of you have a Disabled/Carers ticket?

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2013, 08:47:17 pm by stuey »

I would approach Tracy at the ticket office.

She's not that old is she????   :saywhat:  :coat:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2013, 08:49:44 pm by donnievic »
What about of you have a Disabled/Carers ticket?
at a guess I would think you can take adults in with the disabled but none with the carer

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2013, 09:59:10 pm by DaveOfDonny »
What game is this for?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2013, 10:37:53 pm by roversontheup »
Fair point there and there is probably a case for saying that kids only get kids extra tickets.  For those with senior concessions I think they should be able to bring non concession adults.  Presumably the aim is to encourage more people to try a game for free and hopefully they will want to come back.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2013, 11:15:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Thinking especially of the kids freebies - the big benefit is bringing in new people with committed fans. Whether its kids bringing along their besty mate or an adult being able to give a one off treat to kids, you have new people coming along with someone who's familiar with the club and will no doubt be selling the experience to them in some way.

Its a lot more "cost" effective than more random free ticket allocation though that too has its place. And of course by giving the free ticket allocation more to those people that have already put money into the club, everyones happy.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2013, 06:16:42 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Could someone please tell me which game the free tickets are for? Cheers

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2013, 06:32:34 pm by RedJ »

Any, now the ones that were excluded have passed.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2013, 09:11:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Dave of Donny, just take your ST book or voucher into the ticket office in the 2 weeks before the match you want the free tickets for. You can have any number up to 5. You can even do it on the match day itself if you don't mind a bit of a queue.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 28, 2013, 03:37:39 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Cheers Rob  :)

Which voucher number/letter is it by the way?

Thanks

:rtid:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2013, 04:14:47 pm by DRNaith »

You don't *HAVE* to, no.

Don't feel the need to hijack a retirement home's day-out just to meet an obligation  ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2013, 05:19:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Cheers Rob  :)

Which voucher number/letter is it by the way?

Thanks

:rtid:

I think it's voucher M mate,  but if you just take your ST book they will sort it in the ticket office.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 29, 2013, 06:28:18 am by DaveOfDonny »
Awesome, Thanks!  :)

Doesn't say anywhere on the OS or KM websites  :ermm:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2013, 08:50:54 am by silent majority »
Awesome, Thanks!  :)

Doesn't say anywhere on the OS or KM websites  :ermm:

Collect your copy at tomorrow afternoon's League One encounter against Coventry City.
Season ticket holders that haven’t already collected their season ticket newsletter from the ticket office will be able to collect a copy upon presenting your season ticket booklet to the turnstile operators at tomorrow’s game against Coventry City.

If you would like to request an electronic copy of the newsletter please e-mail tickets@doncasterroversfc.co.uk with your full name and postcode or seat number.

The newsletter, pledged as part of the many benefits of the Ultimate Season Ticket Package, contains exclusive messages from Chairman John Ryan, Manager Dean Saunders and Tommy Spurr. Season ticket holders will also find enclosed details of some of the hundreds of prizes that the Club have been busy issuing to season ticket holders.

Rest assured that each month these prize draws are still taking place and we have just selected the lucky winners of a signed Doncaster Rover’s shirt, a signed ball, a signed player print and the fan feature in the programme for the month of December.

Season ticket holders will also be pleased to receive a group ticket voucher, so they can bring 5 friends along to a game for free* (using voucher M in your season ticket book), a £100 voucher towards the cost of a hospitality box* (using voucher L in your season ticket book) and some great offers on pitch hire at the soccer centre. 

*Please note, terms and conditions apply to vouchers – please see newsletter for full terms and condition
s.

The newsletter will still be available from the ticket office for those collecting tickets early or that wish to collect after the Coventry game.  Please see ticket office opening hours below;

Keepmoat Stadium Ticket Office Opening Hours
Monday - Wednesday 9:00 - 16:30
Thursday 9:00 - 19:00
Friday 9:00 - 16:00

Saturdays (Non-Match days) 10:00 - 13:00
Matchdays 9:00 - Kick Off

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 29, 2013, 10:09:17 am by bradford exile »

You don't *HAVE* to, no.

Don't feel the need to hijack a retirement home's day-out just to meet an obligation  ;)

Sorry Naith but just spoken to the ticket office at the keepmoat and you have to have like for like tickets. ie 5 concessions or 5 junior.

Think thats a bit unfair as I was hoping to bring two or three friends along with me but none of them are 60+ and they would all bring revenue into the club.

Maybe something you could bring up when you see any of the top brass.

Regards

Ray

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 29, 2013, 12:48:02 pm by DRNaith »
You missed my joke (if you can call it that). 

My point was that you don't HAVE to take anyone.

I won't give up my day job just yet!

:suicide:

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 29, 2013, 05:24:22 pm by knockers »
Bradford exile you got mail ;)

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 30, 2013, 09:39:30 am by bradford exile »

Naith..sorry must be my age..I do feel a little let down though. Surely the idea was to put "bums on seats" so long as the people you bring in generate revenue for the club what does it matter. Strange decision for my liking

Knockers...not received mate

Regards

Ray

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 30, 2013, 09:03:14 pm by silent majority »

Naith..sorry must be my age..I do feel a little let down though. Surely the idea was to put "bums on seats" so long as the people you bring in generate revenue for the club what does it matter. Strange decision for my liking

Regards

Ray

I would look at that offer in a different light, rather than as a promotion to put 'bums on seats' maybe you should see it as a reward to the ST holder? Maybe its adding value to your ST and a pat on the back for doing so.

Profits from a pie and and a pint might amount to a £1 or £2 at best, hardly a thank you to the club that's let them watch the game for nothing.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 30, 2013, 09:08:22 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

Regards

Ray

I would look at that offer in a different light, rather than as a promotion to put 'bums on seats' maybe you should see it as a reward to the ST holder? Maybe its adding value to your ST and a pat on the back for doing so.

Profits from a pie and and a pint might amount to a £1 or £2 at best, hardly a thank you to the club that's let them watch the game for nothing.

£1 or £2 more than they'd have got if you take into account bringing people that wouldn't have otherwise gone though... Surely the 5 free tickets should be seen as being for STH to bring new people/family members who wouldn't go, rather than bringing people who would've paid for a ticket and gone anyway? Should be seen more as a promotion, rather than reward.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 30, 2013, 10:37:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
On the other hand, a ST holder was seen to be selling his 5 free tickets in the KM car park to anyone passing approaching the ticket office for a tenner each.

Now that's not in the spirit either! 

Shame as I thought they may be able to be a little bit flexible. (Don't tell anyone but a youth and an OAP used 2 of my adult tickets!!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012