Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:17:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: f.a.o. silent majority  (Read 9169 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
f.a.o. silent majority
« on January 27, 2013, 05:28:06 pm by grayx »
Hi, just wondering If S.M. can tell us if there are any signings on the horizon. Obviously not wanting to know names of targets etc, but would like to think we are looking to invest a little on strengthening the squad. i would expect there to be some money in the kitty now,with Deanos compo, and the board did say they would be making funds available for the transfer window. Yes things are going well at the moment,but an injury or two could cost us.We'l never get a better chance of getting back to the championship.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: f.a.o. silent majority
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2013, 05:44:02 pm by eastender »
Taken from the Donny Star so believe it if you want.

Flynn is pondering whether to step up his search for squad reinforcements ahead of the promotion run-in.

But the Welshman’s ‘big plan’ suggests that the club could be about to implement another large-scale overhaul of the playing squad for a second successive summer.

As suggested by Dean Saunders just before his departure, a player might have to leav before funds become available for Rovers’ new manager, should he wish to beat the January 31 deadline

Flynn will be keen to put his own mark on the squad and is likely to ask for permission to bring in one or two fresh faces - most likely to be free agents or loan signings until the end of the season.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-brian-flynn-s-blueprint-1-5341248

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2013, 06:05:31 pm by andyst79 »
Flynn says he's more than happy with the current first team & the players he will fetch in as & when will be insurance policies. He also stated he's got his eye on 2 players playing in divisions lower than the conference, and any1 sceptical about these types of players should remember he picked up Lee Trundle from non-league.

RedmanRufus

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2013, 10:40:32 pm by RedmanRufus »
Damian Reeves?

You reds

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 28, 2013, 09:45:23 am by silent majority »
I can't add anything to the articles highlighted. The loan system is/was always our fallback for this season.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 28, 2013, 09:58:41 am by AbsolutDRFC »
I can't add anything to the articles highlighted. The loan system is/was always our fallback for this season.

I think you were holding back on one item Martin?

We did have an enquiry from Rotherham United to take Rovin' Reporter on loan to the end of the season.
RR's vast experience (probably only 2nd to Brian the Blade) in the football industry was something that Steve Evans has been chasing for a long while.

Amazed that the planks at the Star weren't "ITK" on this one. Just shows what is missed when they're too busy chasing rumours instead of real items.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 28, 2013, 10:44:57 am by grayx »
I can't add anything to the articles highlighted. The loan system is/was always our fallback for this season

ok thanks S.M. I was hoping that  the Saunders compensation may have been made available to Flynn to strengthen the squad. I hope our players remain injury free because we do lack strength in depth. Hope it doesnt cost us.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 28, 2013, 10:48:50 am by hoolahoop »
I can't add anything to the articles highlighted. The loan system is/was always our fallback for this season

ok thanks S.M. I was hoping that  the Saunders compensation may have been made available to Flynn to strengthen the squad. I hope our players remain injury free because we do lack strength in depth. Hope it doesnt cost us.

Nah using it for the paint to smarten up the concourses with........hope we don't run out of paint though ;)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 28, 2013, 11:08:19 am by silent majority »

Part of the Saunders compensation was a couple of players, if we need them. But again, why take players until you know what you need?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 28, 2013, 11:11:23 am by silent majority »

Nah using it for the paint to smarten up the concourses with........hope we don't run out of paint though ;)

I think I'm missing the joke here Hoola. Are you saying that DRFC aren't supporting Flynn with the options he needs, or are you saying we didn't get enough compensation therefore we can't afford enough paint? Your wrong on both counts though.

;)

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 28, 2013, 11:34:37 am by rtid88 »
One of my main worries when Deano left was the departure of Mal Purchase, as he has turned the fitness level of our players totally around and we barely seemed to have had any injuries.

To my knowledge he has not been replaced and my worry is whether we will be able to replace him with anybody as good. With our squad being so thin on the ground a few injuries to a few 1st teamers and that team spirit could soon disappear.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 28, 2013, 11:40:45 am by weststander »
One of my main worries when Deano left was the departure of Mal Purchase, as he has turned the fitness level of our players totally around and we barely seemed to have had any injuries.

To my knowledge he has not been replaced and my worry is whether we will be able to replace him with anybody as good. With our squad being so thin on the ground a few injuries to a few 1st teamers and that team spirit could soon disappear.
I seem to remember reading that one of the club masseurs had stepped into that role. Not sure if it was temporary. But I share your concern anyway given our history of injuries since moving to The Keepmoat combined with our numerically lean squad.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 28, 2013, 12:06:51 pm by GazLaz »
Hoola is implying that the compo we will have got would have been minimal. I tend to agree with him.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 28, 2013, 12:11:48 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought with Hoola's paint reference and SM corroborating him, we may be in for MATT Derbyshire or even Patrick Berger..........you know, like a little Andy Liney cryptic teaser. Or is someone glossing over the facts

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 28, 2013, 12:14:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
Hoola is implying that the compo we will have got would have been minimal. I tend to agree with him.
Gavin stated at the Fans Forum that he thinks we got a really good deal for the compensation, at that it will be available to all to view when PatienceForm's accounts are released

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 28, 2013, 12:17:26 pm by silent majority »

Yes I thought he was, I've been on record before stating that the compensation deal was a good one. Hoola was also present at the Fans Forum recently where Gavin also said the deal was excellent in terms of compensation. Why does there have to be a negative connotation in everything DRFC do?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 28, 2013, 12:17:56 pm by silent majority »
I thought with Hoola's paint reference and SM corroborating him, we may be in for MATT Derbyshire or even Patrick Berger..........you know, like a little Andy Liney cryptic teaser. Or is someone glossing over the facts

Far too smart for me Cussy!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 28, 2013, 12:18:26 pm by GazLaz »
He's not going to say we got a bad deal is he!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2013, 12:22:37 pm by hoolahoop »

Come on fellas I was only joking ........think it's time you saw some footy again. Far far too defensive, it's a bit of paint we're talking about here. Did you all miss the  ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 28, 2013, 12:24:23 pm by hoolahoop »

I think I'm missing the joke here Hoola. Are you saying that DRFC aren't supporting Flynn with the options he needs, or are you saying we didn't get enough compensation therefore we can't afford enough paint? Your wrong on both counts though.

;)

No of course I'm not Martin , what's got into you ?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 28, 2013, 12:25:27 pm by CusworthRovers »

Thanks. I brush up well. Better stop whilst I'm on a roll....er though.

There's a gag for one of our first team strikers here, but I can't see it. Have we got a youth player called Magnolia or Hessian?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 28, 2013, 12:27:59 pm by The L J Monk »
There's a gag for one of our first team strikers here, but I can't see it.

Brown paint?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 28, 2013, 12:30:00 pm by hoolahoop »
Nah but we've got Paynter.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 28, 2013, 12:33:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Be careful what you say on here guys, some people just like stirring it up.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 28, 2013, 12:35:40 pm by RobTheRover »
Talking of Paynter, I think his fitness is getting better.  He seems a little thinner.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 28, 2013, 12:41:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He should be at his best now, he's in his primer life.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 28, 2013, 12:44:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Bury game now.  I'm expecting a whitewash.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 28, 2013, 12:46:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder if Paynter will start or if he'll be satin the dug-out?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 28, 2013, 12:52:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
Good news re the weather forecast for this weekend too, might just need the one coat.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012