Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:51:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kit Voting  (Read 2370 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Kit Voting
« on February 07, 2013, 10:07:41 pm by SkellowRover »
Any news regarding when the 5 home and away designs will be made public?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Kit Voting
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2013, 12:54:14 am by RobTheRover »
Hi Skellow.

The top 5 home and away designs have been submitted to the club and we are just waiting on the thumbs up from JustSports that the designs can be faithfully recreated.  Hopefully it wont take too much longer.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2013, 12:36:38 pm by DRNaith »
Ten kits in one season may be stretching the good will of the fans just a little, I fear.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2013, 12:41:34 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Norfolk would still buy all 10. The great supporter that he is.

Joke Norfolk, don't bite my head off...

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2013, 01:41:45 pm by eastender »
It's definitely  Red and White hoops for the home shirt.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2013, 01:48:42 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Been told by someone definitely ITK, that the shirts will have a viking crest on them. 100% truthful this, i have no reason to lie/make it up!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2013, 02:17:38 pm by Donnybax »
Been told by someone definitely ITK, that the shirts will have a viking crest on them. 100% truthful this, i have no reason to lie/make it up!

il be honest i dont believe you but lets say for one moment i was too i hope not!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2013, 02:31:54 pm by DRNaith »
A

Are you referring to the badge?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2013, 02:34:56 pm by MachoMadness »
I've been reliably informed by someone very ITK that the shirts will have 2 sleeves and a neck hole. I'm not making this up. My sources are always spot on.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2013, 02:43:53 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
A

Are you referring to the badge?

Yes, reliably informed the shirt will have a viking crest as a badge :)

bellevuebulgar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2013, 03:21:58 pm by bellevuebulgar »
Not sure if I've misunderstood, this but I thought the 5 "winning" designs would be displayed on here as well as going to the club. I for one would be interested in seeing the top 5. Great effort by all concerned so far.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2013, 03:27:07 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Not sure if I've misunderstood, this but I thought the 5 "winning" designs would be displayed on here as well as going to the club. I for one would be interested in seeing the top 5. Great effort by all concerned so far.

That's what i thought too... They still are aren't they? Obiously when they've been given the thumbs up by manufacturers, ofcourse.

What happens if none of the 5 are viable? Do we start the vote again, or scrap the whole idea?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2013, 03:47:25 pm by RedJ »

That's what i thought too... They still are aren't they? Obiously when they've been given the thumbs up by manufacturers, ofcourse.

What happens if none of the 5 are viable? Do we start the vote again, or scrap the whole idea?

I think Rob was getting at that - we'll see them once we know all can be made, and if not we have to keep going down the list til we have the five most popular doable ones from each.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2013, 04:55:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Thats exactly it, RedJ.  No point announcing 10 shirts if JustSports say 6 arent doable.  We are pushing for a decision from them, after all we were told the timescales were tight hence the short notice for the poll.  I wouldnt imagine a "yes" or "no" takes too long to determine from seeing a shirt design for the first time.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2013, 05:11:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm hope if any of the designs with the Viking logo spread over some part of the shirt are rejected because of this, we could have the same design without the logo instead.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2013, 06:22:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If you remember, we also had a poll on what people thought about new shirts every season and 2/3 voted against this. Has the club taken this feedback on board?

I really hope they do because it will help sales of the new home and away shirts if we keep them for at least 2 seasons.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2013, 06:41:43 pm by grayx »
Havent looked at the shirts yet but please tell me we're dropping the "Rovers Till I Die" slogan. Find it a bit tacky to be honest.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2013, 10:21:11 pm by RTID75 »
If you remember, we also had a poll on what people thought about new shirts every season and 2/3 voted against this. Has the club taken this feedback on board?

I really hope they do because it will help sales of the new home and away shirts if we keep them for at least 2 seasons.

I know it's a subject I bang on about, but for me this is an important thing. Unless we get a 2 season guarantee I think my shirt buying days are over, and I was always a very enthusiastic shirt buyer until quite recently.

I'd really like to hear what the club has to say on this, especially in light of the aforementioned poll we had here a short while ago. The silence on this subject is worrying (a cynic might even say telling)...

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 09, 2013, 12:01:25 pm by coventryrover »
This matter is fairly simple.  You either buy the kit or not.  No one is forcing anyone to buy one and no one will be less of a supporter for not buying the latest strip.a

TinyPortal © 2005-2012