Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:24:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Job done....  (Read 3115 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Job done....
« on February 12, 2013, 10:20:19 pm by RobTheRover »
... Mr Referee

What an absolutely bent shithouse. I think the European commission need to add that game to the list of ones under investigation. Blatant bentness.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Job done....
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2013, 10:25:17 pm by RoversAlias »
He was awful but not as bad as Saturday's clown and we've got much bigger problems from tonight than the bent officiating.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2013, 10:26:57 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
We never seem to moan about the refs when we win! All refs are shite... We can't help that! What we can help, is ourselves and we aren't doing that at the minute!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2013, 10:27:11 pm by Filo »
As bad as the ref was, you can`t blame him for a diabolical performance like that

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2013, 10:27:24 pm by RobTheRover »
But how many times were we in good positions,  especially first half,  and fouled and the ref gives us nothing and we're immediately on the back foot?  Answer -  loads of times. We only had to breathe on a MK Dong player and the ref gave a foul.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2013, 10:28:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Agreed he was poor but I think mk would argue woods should have seen red...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2013, 10:29:10 pm by MrFrost »
Blaming the ref cannot excuse the effort of some players.
Cotterill was a disgrace tonight, at points even telling players not to pas to him even when in space.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2013, 10:30:55 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed we weren't great but neither were they. The ref swung it in their favour every single time. Utterly bent. Rob Jones was giving him a right piece of his mind at the end.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2013, 10:33:23 pm by RoversAlias »
Perhaps Jones should spend more time having a go at himself for his sudden dip in performance. How he got MOM tonight I've no idea.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2013, 11:26:33 pm by nice one rovers »
Perhaps Jones should spend more time having a go at himself for his sudden dip in performance. How he got MOM tonight I've no idea.
??  I don't think we watched the same game. He was doing his job plus everyone else's.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2013, 11:31:37 pm by hoolahoop »
... Mr Referee

What an absolutely bent shithouse. I think the European commission need to add that game to the list of ones under investigation. Blatant bentness.

Come off it Rob if we selected all the officials from our own staff we wouldn't have won that game. I've seen a lot worse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2013, 11:32:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, 2 poor refs in succession but not the reason why we've come away with 1 point.

We should know when things start going against you, the refs are the last ones that are going to help !!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2013, 11:35:22 pm by RoversAlias »
??  I don't think we watched the same game. He was doing his job plus everyone else's.

I think that was perhaps part of the problem. He's got too much on his plate. MK got a corner in the second half and Jones wasn't ready when it was delivered because he was still barking out orders to 3/4 different players. It wasn't his best game for me tonight, but he did help to keep a clean sheet.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2013, 12:00:27 am by bobjimwilly »
Harper was brilliant at putting the ball into space tonight... the space right in front of the oppo players  :suicide:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2013, 12:01:52 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Harper was brilliant at putting the ball into space tonight... the space right in front of the oppo players  :suicide:

PMSL

I call him Billy Bunter

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2013, 12:13:50 am by mrfrostsdad »
Don't blame the ref. it's all too easy. Woods should have been sent off. We were awful and McDons weren't much better.
Having said that, the pitch didn't help. Shocking pitch now. Get rid of the Dons off it

pubteam

« Reply #16 on February 13, 2013, 12:14:05 am by pubteam »
Run of the mill annoying ref in that he seemed to want to blow his whistle every two seconds.

Certainly no worse than Saturday's ref though, and didn't make any decisions that really had a massive bearing on the result.

He actually did us a favour by not sending Martin Woods off in the second half. Most referee's would've produced a second yellow for the trip.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2013, 12:15:40 am by RedJ »
Why did he give a foul against Hubby when he charged into the box from the left late on?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2013, 12:16:56 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Don't blame the ref. it's all too easy. Woods should have been sent off. We were awful and McDons weren't much better.
Having said that, the pitch didn't help. Shocking pitch now. Get rid of the Dons off it

agreed with this.

Martin Woods fouled at least 6 times after his yellow card and deserved to be sent of for a very cynical foul but he had one final chat to him...

Compared to Sat ........well there is no comparison....

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2013, 12:38:42 am by eastender »

He actually did us a favour by not sending Martin Woods off in the second half. Most referee's would've produced a second yellow for the trip.
Not a trip at all , the player crossed right in front of Woods , a total accident with no intent.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 13, 2013, 11:04:02 am by Viking Don »
Why did he give a foul against Hubby when he charged into the box from the left late on?

'Cos Husband was not making any attempt to get the ball, so it was a foul. TBH I thought Saturday's was bad but this one got most things right. Woods was fouling someone every time he went near the ball and why he wasn't subbed is anyone's guess, we were lucky not to be down to ten men.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 13, 2013, 12:23:56 pm by RobTheRover »

I'm not blaming the ref for us not winning.  I'm blaming him for being a biased sh!thouse.  I can take poor refs if they are equally poor for both sides.  This one wasnt.  Rovers players were constantly being picked up for the slightest thing, whereas MKD players got away with stuff twice as bad.  He made Rovers players stand >10 yards from the ball at free kicks (after fussing over which exact blade of grass the ball should be on), and yet let MKD players stand <8 yards from our free kicks and let them take them a) when they liked and b) from where they liked.

A worse ref in that regard than the clown we had on Saturday.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 13, 2013, 08:20:21 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Agree a bit with the seeming inconsistency of how pernickety he was with free kicks Rob, but can't agree he was bent.  He had more than sufficient justification to double yellow Woods and resisted.  That equals can't have been bent.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 13, 2013, 09:12:13 pm by mushRTID »
Most of them were fouls. It's not the refs fault our midfielders were slow and clumsy. Saturdays ref was miles worse.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2013, 09:32:13 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

I'm not blaming the ref for us not winning.  I'm blaming him for being a biased sh!thouse.  I can take poor refs if they are equally poor for both sides.  This one wasnt.  Rovers players were constantly being picked up for the slightest thing, whereas MKD players got away with stuff twice as bad.  He made Rovers players stand >10 yards from the ball at free kicks (after fussing over which exact blade of grass the ball should be on), and yet let MKD players stand <8 yards from our free kicks and let them take them a) when they liked and b) from where they liked.

A worse ref in that regard than the clown we had on Saturday.

Were you drinking last night Roberto?

Clear foul/handball by Copps who crossed for Barn Door; which should have put us 1-0 up.
And then Woods who should've been sent off managed his first full 90 minutes for yonks.

Granted that ugly bloke got loads of free kicks, he "drew" them off us because our tackling was so abysmal.

I love to criticise the officials but felt that last night, he wasn't one of the worst we've had this season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012