Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:07:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barn door Billy  (Read 3912 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Barn door Billy
« on February 12, 2013, 10:28:26 pm by Filo »
You can understand why he got his nickname can`t you?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Barn door Billy
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2013, 10:29:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Poor miss but he did well tonight shouldn't have gone off....

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2013, 10:31:33 pm by RoversAlias »

He got injured, went straight down the tunnel. Two more for the treatment table tonight with him and Griffin. Shame too as Griffin was, along with Copps, our only decent player.

But that miss from Paynter was diabolical. He won't get a more clear cut opportunity this season than that.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2013, 10:33:46 pm by The Red Baron »
Apparently he's unwell but should be OK for Monday. Flynn looking to bring players in on loan. Should have done so before tonight's game IMO.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2013, 10:36:16 pm by Donnybax »
Tried to link things I thought. Worked as hard as he could especially saying he is unwell so I thought he was alright tonight. The pitch and husband were the main problems I thought

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2013, 10:40:27 pm by dknward2 »
Never mind the barn Billy would miss the whole farm

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2013, 10:40:56 pm by hoolahoop »
We they ALL unwell tonight ?  :chair:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2013, 10:44:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Jamie McCombe was sick on the pitch just before the second half kicked off.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2013, 10:46:23 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Jamie McCombe was sick on the pitch just before the second half kicked off.

Wasn't he sick on Saturday too? Why the hell did Flynn play him then?! I know Martis is as good as Harry Worley, but we had Wakefield on the bench too!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2013, 10:49:09 pm by MachoMadness »
Wakefield is nowhere near ready. Playing him against a player like McLeod would have resulted in a cricket score. McCombe isn't looking great but considering it's either him, a kid who isn't yet good enough for league football and a probably half fit Martis we don't have much choice. I suppose you could play Spurr there but he's much better on the left.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2013, 10:54:29 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Wakefield is nowhere near ready. Playing him against a player like McLeod would have resulted in a cricket score. McCombe isn't looking great but considering it's either him, a kid who isn't yet good enough for league football and a probably half fit Martis we don't have much choice. I suppose you could play Spurr there but he's much better on the left.

But if he's spewing up, something aint right. We could've put Spurr at CB and Hubby at LB (like everyone has wanted). I just hope Flynn hasn't picked players who are not well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2013, 11:04:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Did Mal take his magic elixir with him to Wolves?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2013, 12:17:05 am by drfcsteve »
I thought Paynter looked ridiculously unfit but if he was ill that might explain it, still no excuse for that miss though.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2013, 12:23:23 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I think Billy has been great for us this year.

His partnership with Hume v Blades showed massive massive promise!

Sadly never played together since!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2013, 07:35:24 am by bobjimwilly »
We need Hume back!  :clapping:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2013, 08:13:00 am by DRNaith »
Other than "the miss" I thought he played the target-man role very well, a role that Brown usually takes when they play together.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2013, 11:08:32 am by Viking Don »
Their number 5 was all over him all game and should have got two yellows. Must have been related to the ref cos he got away with far too much.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2013, 12:17:26 pm by Capmeister »
Poor miss but he did well tonight shouldn't He did get a more have gone off....

He got injured, went straight down the tunnel. Two more for the treatment table tonight with him and Griffin. Shame too as Griffin was, along with Copps, our only decent player.

But that miss from Paynter was diabolical. He won't get a more clear cut opportunity this season than that.

He did get a more clear cut opportunity. Yeovil away. Mind he was 2 foot from the goal but he scored after it bounced down off the underside of the crossbar. ;o)

He did get a more clear cut chance. Yeovil away

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2013, 12:30:50 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought Paynter looked ridiculously unfit but if he was ill that might explain it, still no excuse for that miss though.

And still looked twice the player Sinclair does, sadly.  I really wanted him to roll his sleeves up last night and chase and close down and give that big tw@t at the back for MKD a right torrid time for the last 15 minutes.  No such luck.  He jogs well, I guess, if I'm looking for positives.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2013, 12:39:23 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Just seen the Paynter miss on Rovers Player.  Seemed like he was more concerned with taking the net off more than hitting the target  :ohmy:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 13, 2013, 03:21:51 pm by andysly »
Was leaning right back as he ran at the ball, it was always going over, school boy stuff

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 13, 2013, 03:57:16 pm by bedale rover »
not sure about barn door billy  more like teflon billy nothing sticks to him especially the ball!

i thought along with everyone in the team bar copps quinn and jones they all played like they had never set foot on a football pitch at all
husband and griffin had some excuse as they were playing out of position but all the rest were poor

we had midfielders sat on the bench but played griffin a lifelong full back out of position in the middle...........

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 13, 2013, 06:42:09 pm by nortikorner »
excuse excuse excuse lets wake up we are not good enough  no midfield no striker of quality

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 13, 2013, 06:47:15 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
excuse excuse excuse lets wake up we are not good enough  no midfield no striker of quality

We  are good enough for this league though! Yeah it's a massively shite league and our squad is average, but we are 2nd in the league... You don't get to that position without being good enough.

We are having a blip ffs!!!

When we get promotion this season, the summer is when the problems will start... That is when we won't be good enough anymore.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2013, 06:57:37 pm by nortikorner »
 must have missed the games you went to played well against sheff utd but could not kill the game off played better against leyton orient  but the rest lucky

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 13, 2013, 07:02:21 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
must have missed the games you went to played well against sheff utd but could not kill the game off played better against leyton orient  but the rest lucky

Yet 2nd in the league with a game in hand on 1st. I've said were shit all season, our squad is shit but the whole league 1 is worse than that.

We're clearly good enough to get out of this shithole of a league at the first time of asking. We are having our first 'blip' of the season which every team has, and we are missing a few players. You don't get 'lucky' in 25 games or so, in a season...

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 13, 2013, 07:11:50 pm by hoolahoop »

Yet 2nd in the league with a game in hand on 1st. I've said were shit all season, our squad is shit but the whole league 1 is worse than that.

We're clearly good enough to get out of this shithole of a league at the first time of asking. We are having our first 'blip' of the season which every team has, and we are missing a few players. You don't get 'lucky' in 25 games or so, in a season...

The problem is some of the really shit teams seem to be getting their act together whilst we deteriorate.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 13, 2013, 07:16:23 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

The problem is some of the really shit teams seem to be getting their act together whilst we deteriorate.

That's because teams are scrapping now for the business end, whether to give them best chance of staying up or for a final play-off push... It's just unlucky on our part that it's at the same time as our due bad form and injury/fitness worries.

We'll be fine.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012