Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:42:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Month by Month  (Read 1052 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Month by Month
« on February 13, 2013, 01:16:44 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We started off the season,down in the dumps,thinking among us that the average guess where we would finish,was tenth,we've negotiated the christmas period,a notoriously difficult patch of games,only one league loss in december,to a resurgunt Coventry,we've had to deal with the bombshell of Dean Saunders leaving for pastures new,admittedly to a larger team,but a team with major problems on it's hands,Dean wasn't everybody's cup of tea,or coffee for that matter,but he built a cohesive,hard working,in it together team,that was going to grind it's way to promotion,with a touch of class here and there,such as Cotterill,Rob Jones,and the Yorkshire terrier chasing a sweet wrapper,that is Iain Hume.

January went well,three wins and a draw,things looked rosy,the february started,and our old bogey team Bury turned up to show us how unpredictable this beautiful game of ours is,then the Saddler's rode up,and took away the points,like an old Western Gun slinger taking a life in a bar fight,over a dodgy hand of cards,and that's what we feel like,we've been dealt a dodgy hand of cards,and instead of having the Aces we've had most of the season,we are now sat there with two pair!!,The club as a whole has improved a lot since the start of the season,financially and supporter togetherness,the Rob Jones day being a case in point(even though it didn't quite work out),we've got some stressful times ahead of ups and downs,disappointment and success,let's not forget what got us here in the first place.

KEEP THE FAITH & BOARD GET YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS,WE WANT PROMOTION!!

Here are my prediction's for the games we have left

FEBRUARY
Crawley (A) W
Yeovil (H) D
Shrewsbury(A) D

MARCH
Hartlepool (H) W
MK Dons (A) W
Bournemouth (A) L
Carlisle (H) W
Portsmouth (H) W
Scunthorpe (A) W
Coventry (A) W

APRIL
Swindon (H) W
Tranmere (H) W
Crewe (A) L
Notts County (H) W
Brentford (A) W

That makes by my reckoning 92 points that should be enough to see us promoted Automatically. :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Month by Month
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2013, 01:42:58 am by BobG »
Well I admire your optimism! Winning at Brentford, MK, Coventry and at home too against Swindon and Tranmere. Individually, yes, we should beat most of those. But all of them???

BobG

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2013, 04:09:15 pm by colin cramb »
We started off the season,down in the dumps,thinking among us that the average guess where we would finish,was tenth,we've negotiated the christmas period,a notoriously difficult patch of games,only one league loss in december,to a resurgunt Coventry,we've had to deal with the bombshell of Dean Saunders leaving for pastures new,admittedly to a larger team,but a team with major problems on it's hands,Dean wasn't everybody's cup of tea,or coffee for that matter,but he built a cohesive,hard working,in it together team,that was going to grind it's way to promotion,with a touch of class here and there,such as Cotterill,Rob Jones,and the Yorkshire terrier chasing a sweet wrapper,that is Iain Hume.

January went well,three wins and a draw,things looked rosy,the february started,and our old bogey team Bury turned up to show us how unpredictable this beautiful game of ours is,then the Saddler's rode up,and took away the points,like an old Western Gun slinger taking a life in a bar fight,over a dodgy hand of cards,and that's what we feel like,we've been dealt a dodgy hand of cards,and instead of having the Aces we've had most of the season,we are now sat there with two pair!!,The club as a whole has improved a lot since the start of the season,financially and supporter togetherness,the Rob Jones day being a case in point(even though it didn't quite work out),we've got some stressful times ahead of ups and downs,disappointment and success,let's not forget what got us here in the first place.

KEEP THE FAITH & BOARD GET YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS,WE WANT PROMOTION!!

Here are my prediction's for the games we have left

FEBRUARY
Crawley (A) W
Yeovil (H) D
Shrewsbury(A) D

MARCH
Hartlepool (H) W
MK Dons (A) W
Bournemouth (A) L
Carlisle (H) W
Portsmouth (H) W
Scunthorpe (A) W
Coventry (A) W

APRIL
Swindon (H) W
Tranmere (H) W
Crewe (A) L
Notts County (H) W
Brentford (A) W

That makes by my reckoning 92 points that should be enough to see us promoted Automatically. :rtid:

You sir are off your bloody rocker!!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2013, 02:09:20 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We'll see Colin,i'll expect an engraved apology if i'm right :laugh:,it's just how i see it going,i think we will go in to the Brentford game needing to win,they will have already assured their play off place,and will rest players,to keep them fit for their two legged semi ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012