Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:41:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just a thought maybe SM could clarify?  (Read 2942 times)

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
Just a thought maybe SM could clarify?
« on February 13, 2013, 05:11:16 am by Bald Rover »
Just before Saunders left it was made quite public that the board were covering Copps wages....and giving Saunders money to push for automatic promotion, obviously since then Saunders left along with Purchase and Brian saving three salaries? and we have had "substantional compensation" that the board were happy about,
we have in addition aquired a manager who was already on the payroll I believe in Flynn,
 an assistant in Jones who is also already on the payroll,
an assistant manager and a fitness guru, who cover Brian and Mals wages?

surely then with the savings from Saunders wages (if indeed Flynn was already on the payroll and the fact Jones is)

.....and can I add I am not being an ungrateful fan as I am forever grateful!!

where is the extra money for signings?

Have we tied up Hume? Griffin?

is anyone lined up top come in? there was talk about moves as soon as the loan window opened up?

like I say Im not ungrateful but if we surrender the chance we have this season....I believe Copps, Cotts....Spurr....Husband...may move on in the summer and we may not have this oportunity again for a while?

RTID! :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Just a thought maybe SM could clarify?
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2013, 08:33:38 am by DRNaith »
I would expect the Manager to be paid a lot more than Chief Scout so Flynn's wages would have gone up by a lot, also, would we necessarily know if we brought in a replacement scout or two?

And to clarify, once Flynn became permanent manager Jones was only ever player coach (and captain), not assistant manager.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2013, 09:48:47 am by silent majority »
Unfortunately I'll have to be brief due to some work commitments, but the short answer is the board have made additional funds available for Bryan to use. Obviously wages have increased for those taking on additional duties and quite substantially in some cases. However you should see movement on the player market sooner rather than later.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2013, 10:51:51 am by hoolahoop »
Unfortunately I'll have to be brief due to some work commitments, but the short answer is the board have made additional funds available for Bryan to use. Obviously wages have increased for those taking on additional duties and quite substantially in some cases. However you should see movement on the player market sooner rather than later.

Thank you for that Martin. Have the Owners given any indication on the positions they are looking to cover at all ?

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2013, 12:49:45 pm by Yargo »
"we are waiting to see what areas we need signings before we get anyone",wasnt that the gist? and yet Keegan AND Syers out nothing happens leading to playing an aged defender in mid

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2013, 01:08:26 pm by jonnydog »
A striker different to the role of Brown/Paynter is a must IMO.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 13, 2013, 01:30:55 pm by Bald Rover »
Thanks Martin, answers my questions knew we would be planning something IRWT!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2013, 04:12:52 pm by grayx »

God I hope so,before its too late. However, I'll believe it when I see it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2013, 05:56:14 pm by silent majority »
Just to add to what I wrote above, I was chatting to Gavin this morning about this very subject and other stuff whilst I was on the M1 and he clarified that wages had risen for the people now accepting full responsibility for certain positions as you would expect. But he clarified that funds have been available for when Bryan a) decided he needed somebody, and b) when he had found the right person or people. Funnily enough Bryan interrupted our conversation with a request to move for one or two individuals. So expect something soon.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2013, 06:47:54 pm by Filo »
Just to add to what I wrote above, I was chatting to Gavin this morning about this very subject and other stuff whilst I was on the M1 and he clarified that wages had risen for the people now accepting full responsibility for certain positions as you would expect. But he clarified that funds have been available for when Bryan a) decided he needed somebody, and b) when he had found the right person or people. Funnily enough Bryan interrupted our conversation with a request to move for one or two individuals. So expect something soon.

Hands Free I hope Martin?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 13, 2013, 06:50:37 pm by silent majority »

Hands Free I hope Martin?

But of course!

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2013, 06:51:01 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
That's presuming he was in a car driving and not sat around a table on the fast lane, with Gavin, having this convo.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2013, 07:06:35 pm by hoolahoop »
I spent 1/2 hour pairing our lasses phone up on Friday so get this I rang her this afternoon to make sure she was ok driving back in the snow and asked her if she was using her hands free.............No was the response ''I thought I only had to put my bluetooth on when making a call''. So there she was driving one-handed in the snow getting an almighty bollocking..........I give up.  :headbang:

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2013, 08:03:29 pm by StocktonRover »
With regards to the loan market, I thought that I heard a comment on the radio re Sheff U. It was along the lines that they had a loan player lined up, but wouldn't be processing the paperwork until Saturday so that the 93 day max loan period would include the play offs if required.
I'm not sure how accurate this is but it could explain a delay in making a loan signing (just in case we miss out on automatic....)

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2013, 08:06:38 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
With regards to the loan market, I thought that I heard a comment on the radio re Sheff U. It was along the lines that they had a loan player lined up, but wouldn't be processing the paperwork until Saturday so that the 93 day max loan period would include the play offs if required.
I'm not sure how accurate this is but it could explain a delay in making a loan signing (just in case we miss out on automatic....)

Can you imagine having a loan player like Sinclair to rely on for the play-offs?  :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012