Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:41:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tossers on Twitter!  (Read 7616 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Tossers on Twitter!
« Reply #30 on February 13, 2013, 12:04:47 pm by GazLaz »
Get me their name and address and I'll go round and see the little bas**rd.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 13, 2013, 12:09:54 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Or could just ignore them and not give them the attention and reaction that they want...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 13, 2013, 12:17:05 pm by RobTheRover »
Twitter has a block function for a reason.  It's teeming with proper knobheads.

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 13, 2013, 01:22:26 pm by Andy Thompson »
I tried to interact with the fans as some people were interested in what went into the pitch and what we actually did. the club are keen on fan engagement, so i thought i would use my personal account to show bits about our jobs. This has left me open to abuse and people to post me messages that aren't exactly great. But over the past few months we have received some positive messages and lots of good interaction with supporters.

I used my twitter as a way to connect with lots of other groundsmen around the country, but to save any hassle and to protect the club more than anything i have decided not to use Twitter, i am growing older and i will leave it to the younger ones to mess about on social media.

Dont worry about the messages i got yesterday, they have been dealt with and to be honest i have had stuff like this before.

thanks for the posts though, and i now best go find the snow shovels again

If its ok with the club, i will keep fans that are interested in the pitch updated on here when we do our renovation in the summer.

if anyone does want anything answering then PM me on here.

thanks
andy

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 13, 2013, 01:28:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
Thanks Andy - keep up the great work, and you do right ignoring the little shits!  :aok:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 13, 2013, 02:05:23 pm by newyankee »

First class reply from a first class gentleman.  Keep up the good work Andy.  By the way, I would appreciate you explaining that Rugby League does no more harm to the pitch than a regular football match.

I think I am right in saying that the weather is your big enemy, not what is played on the surface you produce.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 13, 2013, 02:07:30 pm by oggycompton »
Cheers Andy,

You did an amazing job even getting some of the games on and people need to remember that! Thankless job of which we are all grateful to you and your staff.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 13, 2013, 02:24:15 pm by Alickismyhero »
Andy,
I have just been chatting to the Green Keeper at my golf club and the amount of criticism he takes on the state of the course is unbelievable and it is totally unjust comments made by ignorant golfers. It looks like criticism goes with the job but it is the manner they put it across that's important.

Its nice to hear of the sensible position you have taken on this issue but I feel that the club have a responsibility to trace the idiot(s) and punish them accordingly if at all possible.

Its unacceptable, brakes the law and any fine should be put in to the pitch improvement fund.

Name, shame and punish accordingly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 13, 2013, 03:23:11 pm by Filo »
I tried to interact with the fans as some people were interested in what went into the pitch and what we actually did. the club are keen on fan engagement, so i thought i would use my personal account to show bits about our jobs. This has left me open to abuse and people to post me messages that aren't exactly great. But over the past few months we have received some positive messages and lots of good interaction with supporters.

I used my twitter as a way to connect with lots of other groundsmen around the country, but to save any hassle and to protect the club more than anything i have decided not to use Twitter, i am growing older and i will leave it to the younger ones to mess about on social media.

Dont worry about the messages i got yesterday, they have been dealt with and to be honest i have had stuff like this before.

thanks for the posts though, and i now best go find the snow shovels again

If its ok with the club, i will keep fans that are interested in the pitch updated on here when we do our renovation in the summer.

if anyone does want anything answering then PM me on here.

thanks
andy

Andy, that`s a very dignified response, all credit to you. If any one PM`s you with abuse via this forum please don`t hesitate to inform the Mods on here or any Director of the VSC, we will not tolerate that on here.

Let that be a warning for all you knobheads looking in, thinking that you can abuse people on here!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 13, 2013, 04:11:28 pm by RoversAlias »
If everyone dealt with the Twitter t**ts like Andy has in this case I don't think they'd ever be a problem. Sadly these idiots will always exist in our society and as long as they have enough braincells to log on to Twitter they can spout their shite. I bet they won't be piping up with their stupid abuse if we are soon back on the winning track!

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 13, 2013, 08:01:46 pm by Andy Thompson »
Cheers for all these messages, twitter is full of people who like to have a go, they probably dont really understand what they are saying and the language used is just the norm for young people these days.

Ive got lots going on in my life that means these twitter keyboard warriors are just small issues to be honest.

Onwards and upwards.

To answer someones question further up, the pitch no matter if rugby or football is hard on a pitch during a really poor winter. if i could grow grass in the winter and the pitch was still poor i would hold my hands up and walk away. To make us successful, the stadium has to be used pretty much 11months of the year. I knew the multi use venture when i took the job back in October 2006 and i will continue to do what i can to make it playable.

i dont post on here to appeal for praise or for people to thank me, i just like to inform those people that like to know about how we do our job.

Right i best get back to drinking tea and playing games in my office ;-) i dont want people having a go :-)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 13, 2013, 09:54:29 pm by Alickismyhero »
When all said and done Andy you win hands down.

As the saying goes "Don't let the b--------s grind you down"

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 14, 2013, 07:02:18 pm by Jimmydee »
I recall a mid-week winter game at BV mid-80s Vs Scunny, the groundsman sprayed the pitch with an antifreeze solution to thaw the frozen pitch and it turned into a mud bath, Brendan Ormsby made a pass back to the keeper and the ball stuck in the mud for a Scunny player to collect the ball to round the keeper to claim the victory for them, I was furious with Ormsby and the groundsman.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 14, 2013, 10:07:21 pm by newyankee »
Talking of pitches, anyone see the pitch in St Petersberg when Liverpool played there today? An absolute bog of a pitch and that's Europa Cup. You have to play on whatever they put up. it's the same for both sides.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2013, 01:18:33 am by RedArmy »
alright its not right players/andy getting abused on twitter, but ive just looked at kyle bennets twitter and he gives out as much as he recieves..

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2013, 12:37:32 pm by RobTheRover »
I understand Kyle taking them on, but the right thing to do is just block them.  They dont see your tweets and they cant DM you.

Job done.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 15, 2013, 12:44:00 pm by Filo »
Some t**tters start crying when you take them on  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012