Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:11:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hume off back to Preston  (Read 4026 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
Hume off back to Preston
« on February 13, 2013, 09:36:49 pm by yapper1901 »
Hume been answering questions tonight on twitter and according to him he will be back there next season. I was sure we signed him at Christmas or was I wrong ?

Be gutted to see him leAve we are not as good without him

@Humey_7: @JordanFrodsham still got next season mate so provided I'm wanted then I'm expecting 2 be back 4 pre season!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Hume off back to Preston
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2013, 09:41:36 pm by RedJ »
That doesn't mean we won't go for him if we go up, and it certainly doesn't mean he'll be wanted for sure.

Doesn't say he's going back just yet anyway.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2013, 09:43:16 pm by DonnyNoel »
Preston aren't going up thats for sure. If we go up and fancy him I'm sure they'd look to get his (rumoured) wages off the books at a reduced price.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2013, 09:43:26 pm by mutleyrover »
If we go up we will be able to get him I would have thought. If not I expect he will receive a better offer anyway. just thankful he cannot be recalled this season.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2013, 10:25:13 pm by Spud »
Isn't he out of contract in the summer anyway?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2013, 10:30:06 pm by MachoMadness »
I thought the whole reason he's here in the first place was that he wasn't wanted over there?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2013, 10:35:17 pm by RedJ »
I thought the whole reason he's here in the first place was that he wasn't wanted over there?
Westley's gone now though.

As I said tonight already, finances are on our side - they can't afford all his wages at present.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 13, 2013, 10:36:23 pm by Filo »

The man that did n`t want him has now become unemployed

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2013, 10:38:50 pm by MachoMadness »
I thought the main reason he was forced out the door there was financial. Unless the new man likes the look of him so much he's willing to move a decent chunk of Westley's team out to keep him, he won't be there next season. Not saying he'll be here, that depends on where we finish I think, but I seriously doubt he'll be there.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2013, 02:05:53 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He probably feels,we've had long enough to make it permanent,but as usual we've sat on our hands,when we had the chance of a very good player,probably for nothing,i know his wages are probably big,but he justifies his wage,when he's on the pitch,disappointing if we lose him in the end :facepalm:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2013, 10:34:14 am by silent majority »
He probably feels,we've had long enough to make it permanent,but as usual we've sat on our hands,when we had the chance of a very good player,probably for nothing,i know his wages are probably big,but he justifies his wage,when he's on the pitch,disappointing if we lose him in the end :facepalm:

Just all wrong! The current situation suits him and us, both parties are happy.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2013, 11:18:44 am by Rios »
It wasn't that Westley didn't want him, it was that he was forced to get him partially off the wage bill.  That's also what stopped us signing him permenantly as he's on money comparable to Coppinger.  He's still got another year of that contract and isn't likely to get another one of that size so will sit it out next season either at Preston or again on loan somewhere

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2013, 11:32:45 am by wilts rover »
Wasn't there an interview with him where he talks about going to the MLS this summer (Vancouver Whitecaps?) or am I just imagining it?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2013, 01:05:21 pm by bobjimwilly »
deliberately misleading title. Basically you've started a post to give everyone "news" we already know.  :zzz:

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2013, 01:46:07 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

To get him for the season is better than nothing, but it begs the question... Why did Dean Saunders confirm he was close to signing on a permanent basis?

It's clear by his twitter that he's not going to be here next season, so it's just another new signing we need to make in the summer! Hope the owners are ready with the cheque book  :ohmy:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2013, 01:52:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

To get him for the season is better than nothing, but it begs the question... Why did Dean Saunders confirm he was close to signing on a permanent basis?

It's clear by his twitter that he's not going to be here next season, so it's just another new signing we need to make in the summer! Hope the owners are ready with the cheque book  :ohmy:

Nothing is clear from that tweet, other than the fact that Hume is a consummate and sensible professional.

Preston are his employer. He has a contract with them. As things currently stand, if they want him back, he will be back there next season. He is saying no more or less than that.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Frankly, any professional with an ounce if professionalism about them would keep schtum about anything that was going on behind the scenes. I appreciate that we've got a generation being reared on the Twittered mental diarrhoea of public people, but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of cogent humans to figure out that Twitter is not the fount of all truths.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2013, 02:01:25 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

Nothing is clear from that tweet, other than the fact that Hume is a consummate and sensible professional.

Preston are his employer. He has a contract with them. As things currently stand, if they want him back, he will be back there next season. He is saying no more or less than that.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Frankly, any professional with an ounce if professionalism about them would keep schtum about anything that was going on behind the scenes. I appreciate that we've got a generation being reared on the Twittered mental diarrhoea of public people, but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of cogent humans to figure out that Twitter is not the fount of all truths.

True, i thought he was out of contract in the summer... Still though, we were all set to sign him permanently in January, by reports and by Dean Saunders own comments, but didn't.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2013, 03:27:27 pm by Filo »

BST, are you suggesting that there's a lot of bullshit on twitter?

scaffrover

« Reply #18 on February 14, 2013, 04:14:43 pm by scaffrover »
We ought to have him permanant runs about non stop every match top player nuff said...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2013, 05:25:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BST, are you suggesting that there's a lot of bullshit on twitter?

Filo. Aye. It was originally and much more aptly called Shitter.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2013, 11:30:06 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Dont see the problem here

Hume came to us at the start of the season on loan until January with a view to extending until the end of the season.  We then took this option in January to extend his loan until the end of the season.  He cant be recalled by PNE until the summer.

Why are people so surprised about that?  The deal suits both parties.  Whay would we take the gamble on trying to get him on a perminent before the end of the season?  If we are in this league next season we would have potentially shot ourselves in the foot financially.  I'm sure his full wages arent cheap and could be the equivilent to another 1 or 2 players at this level.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2013, 12:13:05 pm by RobTheRover »
Spot on, Ghosty

TinyPortal © 2005-2012