Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris Porter..  (Read 2051 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
Chris Porter..
« on February 15, 2013, 01:16:24 pm by weststander »
I see the Blades have loaned him to Shrewsbury, who coincidentally play Tranmere tonight and us at the end of the month. Hope he has a barren loan

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Chris Porter..
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2013, 03:38:51 pm by donnievic »
The way sheff utd talk him up they may think it will help other teams as they think he shite

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2013, 03:43:32 pm by RedJ »
He's f**king awful. Barren spell for him would be the norm.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2013, 09:42:06 pm by normal rules »
He's that crap he got shrews first tonight which has set them up for what looks like a great away win!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2013, 09:45:09 pm by RedJ »
Lewis Guy would have scored that chance.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2013, 09:53:29 pm by ExileRover »
Open goal, he couldn't miss. His chance in the second half however........ oh dear! Airshot! :whistle:

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2013, 10:47:18 pm by Jimmydee »
I think that it is wrong that a manager can loan a player out to a team in the same league hoping that the player can cause damage to teams challenging their rivals, Porter might be poor and he can't get into the blunts side but he has latched onto a chance and scored, I will be livid if he was to score against us before his loan spell ends.
He would go back to the blunts. "Job done"
Wealthy teams can sign a player solely to play them in the reserves with a decent pay packet to prevent them from scoring against their own team, it's wrong and never contested, why?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2013, 10:56:39 pm by andyst79 »
Well if theyre that worried about us & they can afford to do it good luck to them. It would be different if the shoe was on the other foot

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2013, 11:05:14 pm by hoolahoop »
I think that it is wrong that a manager can loan a player out to a team in the same league hoping that the player can cause damage to teams challenging their rivals, Porter might be poor and he can't get into the blunts side but he has latched onto a chance and scored, I will be livid if he was to score against us before his loan spell ends.
Wealthy teams can sign a player solely to play them in the reserves with a decent pay packet to prevent them from scoring against their own team, it's wrong and never contested, why?

Must admit this is a strange one.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2013, 09:07:29 am by NickDRFC »

Can't quite agree with this one. I think its more of an issue that, if they play united, he can't play, which means a rusty striker might get bought in. I remember a few years ago Man Utd had Howard and Foster out on loan to prem clubs, which meant for 4 games that season they were at even more of an advantage by facing second choice keepers with no match practice.

This misses the obvious point, though, that Porter is crap.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012