Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:40:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How many points is Woods going to cost us?  (Read 25310 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: How many points is Woods going to cost us?
« Reply #120 on February 27, 2013, 07:48:46 am by DonnyOsmond »
He must have slipped your girl six inches...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on March 05, 2013, 08:47:41 pm by uros-predic »
Poor from woods again for their goal!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on March 05, 2013, 08:52:14 pm by andyst79 »
Maybe he's taking bungs?! Can't think of any other explanation as to why a professional Goalkeeper could be this sh@t

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on March 05, 2013, 08:53:11 pm by BobG »
Have you seen it then?

BobG

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on March 05, 2013, 08:55:43 pm by andyst79 »
Not his latest 1 but heard from 3 different sources another stinker

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on March 05, 2013, 09:01:53 pm by BobG »
Ok. Cool. Thanks. I haven't got sky so I haven't seen it

BobG

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on March 05, 2013, 09:07:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Some in the Lucky Pint who are at the game, plus RP and RS commentators put it down as a howler. Spilled a soft long-ranger to the striker apparently. How many more times? It was bad enough before but it is literally every week now.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on March 05, 2013, 09:09:27 pm by andyst79 »
To be fair the lads young & tries his best but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enough

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on March 05, 2013, 09:15:18 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm about the same age as him and I'd try my best. I'm sure if I went to training every day I'd soon improve an all. We're a professional outfit, not babby's first football camp. By all accounts we've been woeful tonight anyway so it's not all his fault this time but we can't turn the other way from yet another cock up.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on March 05, 2013, 09:21:02 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Some in the Lucky Pint who are at the game, plus RP and RS commentators put it down as a howler. Spilled a soft long-ranger to the striker apparently. How many more times? It was bad enough before but it is literally every week now.

Not at any point did Rovers Player say it was a howler!  Said he was unlucky actually

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on March 05, 2013, 09:23:56 pm by andyst79 »
It was obvious we would play crap when Harpers name was on the team sheet I feel cheated when I pay to watch the home games & he's starting nevermind away.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on March 05, 2013, 09:27:53 pm by MachoMadness »
I got the impression they were being euphemistic. I texted my mate who's at the game about it, and he sent me the most expletive-laden text I've ever received about Woods and the performance in general.

Agree about Harper. Don't think it's a coincidence that whenever he plays we look slow and disorganised. Tonight is a write-off, just hope Jones and Hume are OK.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on March 05, 2013, 09:49:43 pm by donnievic »
load of b*llocks woods got down well and saved it no defenders following in

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on March 05, 2013, 09:54:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting to hear that. I still think he has a massive problem with holding a ball, but maybe people who haven't seen tonights goal can leave the discussion to those who have. We've already done the discussion on previous performances.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on March 05, 2013, 09:55:16 pm by hoolahoop »

Of course he did , positioned himself brilliantly, gathered the ball in like Gordon Banks he did blah blah blah..............no more excuses sorry vic I'm not wearing them.
I've given this lad more latitude than most but that's it GAME OVER like our season if this continues.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on March 05, 2013, 09:58:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Interesting to hear that. I still think he has a massive problem with holding a ball, but maybe people who haven't seen tonights goal can leave the discussion to those who have. We've already done the discussion on previous performances.

He CAN'T hold the ball Bristol and that simply isn't good enough. Giving every team a goal start is not the future.  :mad: I don't expect him to be a Jennings, Schmeichel, Shilton etc. but he must learn to hold the ball surely ?  :headbang:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on March 05, 2013, 10:00:31 pm by donnievic »
How can you say anything hools if you wasnt there???

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on March 05, 2013, 10:01:33 pm by MrFrost »

From commentary, reports from people who were there.......... Woods has f**ked up. Again.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on March 05, 2013, 10:04:09 pm by VixDRFC »

Of course he did , positioned himself brilliantly, gathered the ball in like Gordon Banks he did blah blah blah..............no more excuses sorry vic I'm not wearing them.
I've given this lad more latitude than most but that's it GAME OVER like our season if this continues.

One mistake = 3 goals - give over! Its not just  Woods and we were/are never going to go up that easily. Not only does the keeper make mistakes, the "strikers" don't score and it sounds like the defenders don't defend

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on March 05, 2013, 10:05:12 pm by MrFrost »

One mistake = 3 goals - give over! Its not just  Woods and we were/are never going to go up that easily. Not only does the keeper make mistakes, the "strikers" don't score and it sounds like the defenders don't defend

He is making mistakes at an alarming rate. That's the point, and it can't be ignored.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on March 05, 2013, 10:06:09 pm by donnievic »
Just another scape goat and I was there and woods wasnt to blame for the 1st goal but hey must be good WATCHING on radio though

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on March 05, 2013, 10:06:55 pm by MrFrost »
Just another scape goat and I was there and woods wasnt to blame for the 1st goal but hey must be good WATCHING on radio though

Really? How come dozens of others who were there, plus Player, Radio and Sky ALL saying it was a howler?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on March 05, 2013, 10:07:40 pm by glosterred »
Gary Woods has probably cost us less point than the strikers have for all their misses this season - but no one wants to blame the strikers - they are only after a scape goat - Gary Woods is fast becoming the new Lewis Guy

COYR

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on March 05, 2013, 10:08:27 pm by graingrover »
the only thing worse than 3-0 defeat is reading this abuse  . I feel ashamed of our so called supporters on here.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on March 05, 2013, 10:09:30 pm by MrFrost »
the only thing worse than 3-0 defeat is reading this abuse  . I feel ashamed of our so called supporters on here.

No one is abusing him, merely discussing his weaknesses, or is that not allowed

Goalkeeping mistakes will always be highlighted more than strikers misses.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on March 05, 2013, 10:16:15 pm by hoolahoop »

Yep sorry of course I can't I just had to listen to the MK Player who thought it was highly amusing whilst watching Man u getting a tonking on the tele. Of course I can't comment on the red card either there

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on March 05, 2013, 10:22:02 pm by hoolahoop »

You're right of course Vix , we are weak all over the pitch and tbf with that line-up and seeming lack of guile ; a result in our favour never sounded as if it was going to happen. The link iup play sounded as if it was non-existent tonight.
However we can't keep leaking goals like the 1st. one tonight whether they are leaked from lapses of concentration of the keeper/the defense and keeper combined.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on March 05, 2013, 10:25:54 pm by grayx »
I know the lads only young but come on, does anyone actually think by playing him game after game, letting him drop bollock after bollock is doing him any favours.
Needs "resting" for a while until he learns to catch a ball.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on March 05, 2013, 10:29:30 pm by donnievic »
Well if that was a howler tonight then then I think alot of people are deluded

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on March 05, 2013, 10:33:18 pm by VixDRFC »

You're right of course Vix , we are weak all over the pitch and tbf with that line-up and seeming lack of guile ; a result in our favour never sounded as if it was going to happen. The link iup play sounded as if it was non-existent tonight.
However we can't keep leaking goals like the 1st. one tonight whether they are leaked from lapses of concentration of the keeper/the defense and keeper combined.

I'm not sure I'm worried about leaking 1 goal (or failing to score one for that matter) its a combination of both, multiple times

To me we aren't as good as being top/second gives the impression - all over the pitch

TinyPortal © 2005-2012