Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:59:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio sheffield  (Read 9196 times)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Radio sheffield
« on February 23, 2013, 09:01:18 pm by drfc1951 »
Presenter on praise or grumble said
Rovers drew with playoff rivals Yeovi,i thought we were promotion rivals.Obviously they dont think we are in with a chance of automatic promotion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Radio sheffield
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2013, 10:18:56 pm by andysly »
Not with their mighty Blades now starting to win again they don't want their little cousins stealing their thunder.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2013, 10:27:39 pm by hoolahoop »
Not with their mighty Blades now starting to win again they don't want their little cousins stealing their thunder.

We've heard it all before..................... :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2013, 10:15:21 am by bobbymax »
Credit to the Rovers supporter who rung in and put the host right about his smart-ass comments at the start of the programme regarding 'something not working at Rovers' but they couldn't get him off the line quickly enough so he could wax lyrical about future European champions Wednesday and the mighty Blades.
About time something more local was done as this has become a joke of a station and doesn't even try to hide its bias any more.

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2013, 11:15:24 am by kittyslass »
It's about time Rovers totally boycotted this oh-so-biased radio programme and station. IF we get onto praise or grumble at all,  it's usually way after 6pm, having already had several Sheffield or Barnsley callers. Same goes for interviews. Dave Jones gets about 20 minutes, we get about 5. Barnsley outed them a few years ago for the same reason, and personally, I think we should. For what coverage we get, would we miss it? I think NOT!!  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2013, 11:17:13 am by RedJ »
But what exactly could we do? BBC have some sort of rights that would stop us. The best thing we have is the Donny Rovers Show on Trax, and even that I think is only half an hour.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2013, 11:41:53 am by timdrfc »
Credit to the Rovers supporter who rung in and put the host right about his smart-ass comments at the start of the programme regarding 'something not working at Rovers' but they couldn't get him off the line quickly enough so he could wax lyrical about future European champions Wednesday and the mighty Blades.
About time something more local was done as this has become a joke of a station and doesn't even try to hide its bias any more.
Very true, typical rad Sheffield cutting our very few callers they allow on yet consistently let fowls or blunts fans drone on repeating each other.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2013, 01:27:06 pm by andysly »
The most irritating is the Dave Jones dronathon. Mercifully short at only 8 minutes yesterday.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2013, 01:55:09 pm by RedArmy »
Have people only just realised this station is awful? I stopped listening after Rob Staton predicted Rovers to finish 17th or something stupid.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2013, 02:44:09 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Just out of interest, where do you think Mr Saunders and others at the club HONESTLY thought we would REALLY finish. I agree that some RS presenters hold a conversation better than others. As my title suggests I live away and rely on the net for views and listening. I am of a certain age and have always listened to RS and the BBC. Ps the comment with Barnsley. They wanted MORE MONEY than RS were prepared to pay. Hence no interviews or commentaries...... FACT

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2013, 03:17:51 pm by Red wizard »
If our fans ring in they get on. The truth is not many Rovers fans call in.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2013, 04:45:47 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Here here. Been ringing in for years and unless there is breaking news, they welcome  Donny fans with open arms. If you don't believe me try it. If I am wrong I will be the first to come on and apologise. RTID

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 24, 2013, 05:07:23 pm by bobjimwilly »
I always get on when I ring in, but last night when I rang it Andy didn't have anything at all to add to what I said and didn't seem interested in the Donny result at all tbh, but who can blame him when the biggest and best team in South Yorkshire is now at the top...

:suicide:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 24, 2013, 05:21:53 pm by Lincoln Rover »
He in my humble opinion is the presenter who cannot expand a conversation.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 24, 2013, 05:31:38 pm by Red wizard »
I call in sometimes and always get on. The fans set the topic of the show. No favoring of any team imo.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 24, 2013, 05:33:46 pm by RedJ »
No favoring of any team imo.

They do say things that are more likely to provoke Sheffield fans to call in than anyone else though.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2013, 09:58:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
No favoring of any team imo.

Think that's a bit naive tbh.

Did everyone realise we're chasing the playoffs btw now?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2013, 11:01:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Of course they favour the Sheffield clubs. They have the biggest fanbases and they have to cater to the needs of their audience. Sheffield is the biggest single area they cover, so they get the majority of the focus. They will say they don't but what else are they going to say, really? "Yes, we focus on the Sheffield clubs because they're bigger than your pokey tinpot outfits"? That's the reality.

It's not their fault Rovers fans don't jam the lines with calls when we're losing. I remember loads of Rovers fans ringing up when Flynn was first appointed and we were in good form, and whenever I've rung up (a few years ago now, but still) I've always got on the show.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2013, 09:35:46 am by Donnybax »
Speaking of radio Dave jones, sorry radio Sheffield are we on tomorrow?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2013, 10:20:56 am by DonnyRTID »
Yeah, coverage on fm.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2013, 05:30:57 pm by benaldo »
The clue is in the title folks - Radio SHEFFIELD.

Why don't you ask a local station, like Sine FM, to host a phone-in purely on Rovers matters post match and in midweek? You could get that bloke with the loud, gravelly, voice who shouts "geddit daaaaaaarn" every home game at the KM. He's obviously been watching Rovers for years because I used to hear his dulcit tones in the main stand at belle vue. Rude or obnoxious callers could have him shout that at them before he cuts them off.

Just a thought....

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 25, 2013, 06:47:16 pm by MachoMadness »
Considering SineFM is a community radio station, the option is there for you all to get down and do it yersens!

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2013, 06:48:21 pm by Tiddysdad »
We have the best coverage of the rovers games on our own Rovers Player. It's a fantastic service so why bother with Radio Sheff. and as for the moan and  grown programs we can and do enough on here.

:scarf: Big Up Rovers Player - I listen to every game when not at a the keepmote. Plus I can listen anywhere not just in Radio Sheff's radius

:rtid:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:50:55 pm by Tiddysdad »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2013, 08:47:34 pm by bobjimwilly »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Radio_Sheffield

It is based in Sheffield, that's why the call it Radio Sheffield. That's the only reason.
It is actually paid for by the licence fee payers and is the local BBC radio station for the whole of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. So to say "the clue is in the title" is, frankly, a load of b*llocks.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2013, 08:56:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Taken from the first paragraph of wiki

BBC Radio Sheffield is the BBC Local Radio service for English metropolitan county of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. This includes the city of Sheffield, plus Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Chesterfield and surrounding areas

Funnily enough in its early days I made quite a few recordings for them and I'm sure they were far more  "area" orientated as opposed to Sheffield orientated

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2013, 10:07:30 am by benaldo »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Radio_Sheffield

It is based in Sheffield, that's why the call it Radio Sheffield. That's the only reason.
It is actually paid for by the licence fee payers and is the local BBC radio station for the whole of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. So to say "the clue is in the title" is, frankly, a load of b*llocks.

"b*llocks" it may be, but it speaks volumes about their intention - which, we ALL know, has translated into the Sheffield biased reporting on local sports in the area they are SUPPOSED to be covering. While you might not like it, the signs WERE there from the start.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:20:06 am by bobjimwilly »

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 26, 2013, 10:16:21 am by andysly »
There's no argument that Wednesday and Blades are the two biggest clubs in the area and as such generate the most interest and proportionally claim the most air time.
It's what every sports channel does. That's why Sunday afternoon football on sky is dominated by Salford, City, Chelsea etc.
No point moaning just laugh at the bi-polar disorder of the Sheffield clubs fans as they swing from potential Kings of Europe to suicide watch within a fortnight. Though please RS shut Dave Jones the f**k up

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 26, 2013, 04:26:58 pm by RedJ »
I know it doesn't prove much, but the season Blades went down RS were banging on in the last few weeks about how incredible, miraculous, all that b*llocks it would be if United survived, absolutely f**k all about how gutting it'd be for Rovers to drop, nothing of the sort.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2013, 09:17:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
You'd think Sheff Utd were on FM tonight!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2013, 09:51:20 pm by RobTheRover »
Ok,  I've got a fiver for any Rovers fan who rings Radio Sheffield in the next 40 mins and asks if they are going to cover the Blades in the playoffs.

;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:55:40 pm by RobTheRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012