Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:58:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio sheffield  (Read 9197 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Radio sheffield
« Reply #30 on February 26, 2013, 09:53:42 pm by RedJ »
Ok,  I've got a fiver for any Rovers fan who rings Radio Sheffield in the 40 mins and asks if they are going to cover the Blades in the playoffs.

;)

Go on Rob, you know you wanna :p

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 26, 2013, 09:54:48 pm by rich1471 »
Danny wilson does not sound happy on radio sheffield , it will be fum listering tonight and tomorrow now 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2013, 09:55:39 pm by hoolahoop »
Ok,  I've got a fiver for any Rovers fan who rings Radio Sheffield in the 40 mins and asks if they are going to cover the Blades in the playoffs.

;)

lOVE IT  BUT THEY WOULDN'T :)  :suicide:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2013, 09:56:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Bloody hell,  a 10 minute interview with Danny Wilson who skillfully manages to say f#&k all of any note. That's 10 minutes of my life wasted.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 27, 2013, 12:19:26 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Did anybody hear Tom the chesterfield supporter,i thought he'd bust a gasket!!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 27, 2013, 08:14:34 am by Donnybax »
I listened to the commentary last night and why in every sentence did they have to mention the blades?! Both Rob Staton and Mickey Walker were doing it

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 27, 2013, 08:26:51 am by Spud »
Tom was quality, how did he not swear?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 27, 2013, 08:52:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh it was Micky Walker with Rob Staton last night was it? I turned in late and thought it was John Shuttleworth's manager Ken.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 27, 2013, 10:33:39 am by TheFunk »
Oh it was Micky Walker with Rob Staton last night was it? I turned in late and thought it was John Shuttleworth's manager Ken.

Now that would make RS worth listening to. I Can't Go Back to Savoury Now by John Shuttleworth is the finest song ever written.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 27, 2013, 10:43:14 am by roversam »
I  listened to the game on radio sheffield last night, or should i say the Mickey Walker show, poor old Rob couldnt get a word in with motormouth talking about eveything but the game. What made me cringe as well was when he was introduced as a rovers legend  :headbang:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 27, 2013, 10:50:00 am by hoolahoop »
I  listened to the game on radio sheffield last night, or should i say the Mickey Walker show, poor old Rob couldnt get a word in with motormouth talking about eveything but the game. What made me cringe as well was when he was introduced as a rovers legend  :headbang:

Really when was he elevated to that status ?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 27, 2013, 11:00:05 am by wilts rover »

Really when was he elevated to that status ?

When he picked Michele di Piedi for his only start?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 27, 2013, 11:11:51 am by roversontheup »
Did anybody hear Tom the chesterfield supporter,i thought he'd bust a gasket!!
I heard the Chessie supporter and thought it was the most passionate, heartfelt and honest call I have ever heard on RS.
For those who didn't hear him, he basically said that he was a lifelong Chesie fan, he accepted they were a L2 side with L2 players. He didn't expect them to perform miracles he could forgive them making mistakes but he couldn't forgive any of them for not giving 100%. Any players not giving their all should leave the club.
He basically screamed this down the phone with a passion rarely heard on radio!  Brilliant and I felt like applauding him cos everything he said came out of the true supporters bible.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 27, 2013, 11:17:06 am by MiKA »
The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up when this lad was saying his thing, a real supporter and a credit to Chesterfield FC    :scarf:

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 27, 2013, 11:18:48 am by Spud »
If only MW was half as funny as he thinks he is. Cringeworthy at times.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 27, 2013, 01:27:21 pm by PaulRover08 »

Nice for somebody to not let the t**t Staton not get a word in for a change though. He does it to enough callers.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 27, 2013, 02:00:44 pm by Donnybax »
I thought MW was dreadful last night tbh. Contradicted himself so many times and was far more interested in talking about blades than us. Dave Penney was far better when he did it

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 27, 2013, 04:42:50 pm by donnievic »
Well should be a good listen tonight and having a laugh at what Brian the blade has to say

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 27, 2013, 05:00:16 pm by GazLaz »
Walker had been part of the club for years when he left, he is a bit of a legend. His old man was a player as well so rovers is in his blood. I like the bloke even though he's not the best co commentator I have ever heard.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 27, 2013, 06:26:31 pm by MachoMadness »
It begins. United fans on suicide watch despite winning 3? 4? games in a row and drawing last night. I know our fans are a bit fickle lately but we'll never be that bad, surely?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 27, 2013, 06:36:25 pm by RedJ »
I liked Walker.

f**k me though Rob couldn't wait to raise any kind of link the Blades had to anyone or anything and tried to get updates from the Lane at any chance he got.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 27, 2013, 06:47:05 pm by RobTheRover »

Nice for somebody to not let the t**t Staton not get a word in for a change though. He does it to enough callers.

He's done it again tonight. Rovers fan Kevin calls in,  starts the debate with a good opening gambit,  and Staton says "its a bad line so we'll leave it there"!   It was a f&#king perfect line,  you lying Kitson.

Now Look North are at it. " Poor blades",  my arse.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 27, 2013, 06:56:51 pm by donnievic »
TBF I thought it was a bad line could hardly here him

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 27, 2013, 07:06:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Opened the Sun this morning (normally fairly decent for sport) and Blades have a drab 0-0 and have a near full page headliner, and we hit the top of the league and get a side column.

Wilson made me laugh. 24hrs ago RS asked him about being top of the league, and he said he thinks they'll stay there! What's he saying tonight?

I know what Brian the Blade said last night. If I had a pound for every time he's said "Let me tell you this. That must be the worst performance ever...."

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 07, 2013, 09:58:09 am by bobjimwilly »
Apparently beating MK Dons will be a formality on Saturday, according to Andy Giddings at start of football heaven last night?  :huh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012