Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:56:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not looking good.....  (Read 6203 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Not looking good.....
« Reply #30 on February 24, 2013, 09:26:57 pm by RedJ »
RJ,

They may well have played like that before Deano got there but the point of him getting the managers job was to change the way they play to a more successful way.

It would be pointless appointing him and expecting  more of the same which they are getting and  their forum is upset about right now.

I will be the first to say that if Deano gets 3 /4 wins on the trot, he is the best manger in the world, thats football.

Steve I think we agree on that.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him in just to get the wage bill down then f**ked him off, such is the nature of big club boards.

And we know you agree with comments fawning over SO'D.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 24, 2013, 09:41:09 pm by dickos1 »
I don't really care what wolves fans are saying fella, they said similar things about McCarthy and look where that got them. A manager can't be judged until he has brought his own players in, same for any manager, yes they can sometimes get a positive reaction like flitcroft, Davies etc but they can't be fully judged until they've built their own side.
I don't know anything about what coppinger or any other players opinions other than what they've said he selves which has always been positive.
And I think silent majority has said numerous times the players loved working for dean and he knows far more than any of us.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 24, 2013, 09:44:26 pm by Alickismyhero »
RJ,

I would like to think the comments I have made are made out of respect for a very decent man and your sarcasm does little to diminish it.

I will look forward to you rubbing it in when Deano finishes above Sean this season.

I will remind you that it was you who brought the subject up, I never, in fact, I make a rule of not bring his name up but I will point out inaccuracies in peoples views when I see them. I would hope you would do the same for Deano. thats what makes the forum interesting, different views.

As it is the king is dead long live BF.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 24, 2013, 09:59:22 pm by Alickismyhero »
Dickos,
I was just using their forum to support the views I had made earlier before I had in fact read them.

One of the comments I made earlier was that the effectiveness of a manager will be judged by his ability in turning a situation around with the players he has at his disposal.

RJ brought in the comparison of Sean with Deano and when you think about it a part from Sean starting adrift at the bottom he to has to make the most of what he has got, the same as Deano

Thats were we disagree "both managers will be judged on what they achieve with what they inherited".

One or both could be sacked before the end of the season but I will stick my neck out and say Sean will finish the higher even starting from the bottom of the league.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 24, 2013, 10:05:46 pm by RedJ »
RJ,

I would like to think the comments I have made are made out of respect for a very decent man and your sarcasm does little to diminish it.

I will look forward to you rubbing it in when Deano finishes above Sean this season.

I will remind you that it was you who brought the subject up, I never, in fact, I make a rule of not bring his name up but I will point out inaccuracies in peoples views when I see them. I would hope you would do the same for Deano. thats what makes the forum interesting, different views.

As it is the king is dead long live BF.

I won't rub it in, don't worry, I just felt it was only fair to apply the same criteria to O'Driscoll since people still go on about him (admittedly I'm guilty of that here).

I'm a great fan of both managers, before anyone starts - so equal treatment.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 24, 2013, 10:08:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
RJ,
I wouldn't take it personal its the way of the forum. I would take it like a man, break down in tears and reluctantly admit I was wrong.

regards,
Alex

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 24, 2013, 11:11:52 pm by drfcsteve »
It may be in two seasons a manager takes two clubs down (but they were not his players). On the other hand another manager may have coached and could manager two clubs away from relegation (but they were not his players) lets wait and see what happens.

Terrific point. People forget how Forest were in free fall until Sean turned up on the coaching staff.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2013, 09:34:53 am by Donnybax »
The formation Dean set out on Sunday was 3-5-1-1 thats a very odd one!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2013, 10:17:10 am by benaldo »
It may be in two seasons a manager takes two clubs down (but they were not his players). On the other hand another manager may have coached and could manager two clubs away from relegation (but they were not his players) lets wait and see what happens.

Terrific point. People forget how Forest were in free fall until Sean turned up on the coaching staff.
   you forgot to add - "And the owners decided to pump millions of pounds into the club".

I liked Dead Saunders as a Doncaster manager. But I guess this teaches that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Going to an average championship club with not oodles of cash to throw around doesn't guarantee you can replicate the success you had at a fairly large club in the division below.......

And, as I've said for many years - the job of football manager isn't the most taxing in the world if you have lots of money to spend.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2013, 10:18:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
A thought about Coppinger's opinion of managers.

I'm not sure why we set up Coppinger's opinion as some sort of gold standard. It's not as though he is impartial here.

Consider. Under O'Driscoll, Coppinger's was awarded a contract that was WAY above his market value. (Evidence? No manager in the country other than O'Driscoll has been prepared to take on his contract, even though we were willing to let him go.)

When O'Driscoll left and a new regime came in, is it any wonder that Coppinger might have been a bit unhappy with the situation?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 26, 2013, 10:21:47 am by benaldo »
I'm not the only one who doubts the "support" Dean was given by some of the "old guard". They'd had it very, very good for a few years.....

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 26, 2013, 11:15:24 am by drfcsteve »
I would definitely agree the grass isn't always greener, as a few of our ex players have found out as well as Dean. Looking on the Wolves forum they certainly don't appreciate what he's doing there -

"I think Saunders is a bloody awful football manager, and we'd be far better off getting in someone that knows what they're doing - "chirpy" or otherwise."

"We should back our managers but you can't back a clueless manager which Saunders defiantly is"

"I think Morgan needs to swallow his pride, admit he made a mistake and sack Saunders."

"We are now 6/4 to be relegated. That's from 25/1 or 33/1 when Saunders arrived."

"It certainly doesn't seem to be working, and although you could argue he's trying different things to make it work, some of the formations with personnel used really are baffling. If I found out tomorrow that he'd been sacked I honestly can't say I'd be disappointed. I was on the fence but I'm not any more."

"The guy is personally driving me insane with these rubbish , nonsensical articles that he gives. It's total gibberish and is frankly treating wolves supporters like idiots. It's actual begun to become offensive and insulting to supporters"

"I don't want Dean Saunders remodelling this squad or putting out his brand of outdated, widely discredited formations, square pegs in round holes and assorted other total b*llocks next season."

"He goes at the end of the season for me though, regardless of what happens and what league we are playing in."

"Saunders is an absolutely terrible choice, league 1 coach at best, which i said when he was appointed- a 0% win percentage combined with 0 transfer in january, i am not the least bit surprised. I know a lot more about the current squad, tactics & players than he does, this is unacceptable."

"Saunders has managed the club thus far no different to the way a fan would have and with the same level of managerial expertise, which is unsurprising when you look at his lack of track record."

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 26, 2013, 11:24:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I would definitely agree the grass isn't always greener, as a few of our ex players have found out as well as Dean. Looking on the Wolves forum they certainly don't appreciate what he's doing there -

"I think Saunders is a bloody awful football manager, and we'd be far better off getting in someone that knows what they're doing - "chirpy" or otherwise."

"We should back our managers but you can't back a clueless manager which Saunders defiantly is"

"I think Morgan needs to swallow his pride, admit he made a mistake and sack Saunders."

"We are now 6/4 to be relegated. That's from 25/1 or 33/1 when Saunders arrived."

"It certainly doesn't seem to be working, and although you could argue he's trying different things to make it work, some of the formations with personnel used really are baffling. If I found out tomorrow that he'd been sacked I honestly can't say I'd be disappointed. I was on the fence but I'm not any more."

"The guy is personally driving me insane with these rubbish , nonsensical articles that he gives. It's total gibberish and is frankly treating wolves supporters like idiots. It's actual begun to become offensive and insulting to supporters"

"I don't want Dean Saunders remodelling this squad or putting out his brand of outdated, widely discredited formations, square pegs in round holes and assorted other total b*llocks next season."

"He goes at the end of the season for me though, regardless of what happens and what league we are playing in."

"Saunders is an absolutely terrible choice, league 1 coach at best, which i said when he was appointed- a 0% win percentage combined with 0 transfer in january, i am not the least bit surprised. I know a lot more about the current squad, tactics & players than he does, this is unacceptable."

"Saunders has managed the club thus far no different to the way a fan would have and with the same level of managerial expertise, which is unsurprising when you look at his lack of track record."

Your point being?

You could have collated a similar set of comments from our website about O'Driscoll half a dozen matches into his reign here. I wrote several of them myself.

You could have collated a similar set of comments from our website about Saunders this time last year.

Football fans, generally, know the square root of f**k all when it comes to assessing managers. Especially when they have only just taken over.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 26, 2013, 11:43:21 am by mrfrostsdad »
Personally, I don't actually give a damn. Who actually cares if Wolves stay up or not?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 26, 2013, 04:17:54 pm by Alickismyhero »

Your point being?

You could have collated a similar set of comments from our website about O'Driscoll half a dozen matches into his reign here. I wrote several of them myself.

You could have collated a similar set of comments from our website about Saunders this time last year.

Football fans, generally, know the square root of f*** all when it comes to assessing managers. Especially when they have only just taken over.

I think the point Steve is making is the level of criticism is 100% against Deano on their supporters site. If you compare that to Sean's difficult initial period he always had some support.
 I maintain that Deano was proving to be effective at 1st Division level but is he experienced enough for the Championship? I don't think he is or that he will get the time to prove that he could given time because thats the way football works.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 26, 2013, 04:31:16 pm by RedJ »

Your point being?

Football fans, generally, know the square root of f*** all when it comes to assessing managers. Especially when they have only just taken over.

I think the point Steve is making is the level of criticism is 100% against Deano on their supporters site. If you compare that to Sean's difficult initial period he always had some support.
 I maintain that Deano was proving to be effective at 1st Division level but is he experienced enough for the Championship? I don't think he is or that he will get the time to prove that he could given time because thats the way football works.

Firstly - not everyone hated Dean when he came in, so he himself had "some support".

Also, as I've said elsewhere, he's in a similar situation to with us last year. Players don't give a f**k and can't be arsed to fight cos they're on massive wages no matter what.

I reckon his remit is to bring down the wage bill and then they'll f**k him off no matter what happens.

Also re the Watford match, same went for SO'D - and he lost that.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 26, 2013, 05:31:49 pm by Alickismyhero »
RJ,
I take your point about the Forest game against Watford, I watched the game, Forest were pathetic especially the full back sent off early on because of two very close together yellow cards.

Then Forest went on to beat Leeds very easily followed by Sean's sacking. But if you compare that Watford  game to the recent Bristol City game against Watford, now a very high flying Watford side, there was no comparison Bristol won 2-1. That was Bristol at the bottom of the league playing Watford 2nd in the league if my memory serves me well.
So on Monday on Sky Wolves play Watford and it should be a useful game to compare the two managers.

I think you missed the point I was making.  I think Steve's point was the level of criticism being 100% on the Wolves site for Deano whereas when Sean was going through his early poor period with us he, at least, had some support.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 26, 2013, 05:34:36 pm by RedJ »
RJ,
I take your point about the Forest game against Watford, I watched the game, Forest were pathetic especially the full back sent off early on because of two very close together yellow cards.

Then Forest went on to beat Leeds very easily followed by Sean's sacking. But if you compare that Watford  game to the recent Bristol City game against Watford, now a very high flying Watford side, there was no comparison Bristol won 2-1. That was Bristol at the bottom of the league playing Watford 2nd in the league if my memory serves me well.
So on Monday on Sky Wolves play Watford and it should be a useful game to compare the two managers.

I think you missed the point I was making.  I think Steve's point was the level of criticism being 100% on the Wolves site for Deano whereas when Sean was going through his early poor period with us he, at least, had some support.

But Sean lost to Cardiff, and with Watford right up there, it'd be a similar thing for Dean - very little difference. Especially with Vydra doing so well.

Fair enough I misinterpreted that point though.

I should (continuously) make it clear I was/am a fan of both managers. I just want to see equal treatment of both, if we're going to be looking at how they perform elsewhere, in similar conditions you could say too.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 26, 2013, 06:06:09 pm by weststander »
Personally, I don't actually give a damn. Who actually cares if Wolves stay up or not?
Donnywolf might

TinyPortal © 2005-2012