Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:54:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Views from the opposition (Shrewsbury)  (Read 1812 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Views from the opposition (Shrewsbury)
« on February 27, 2013, 03:04:25 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Couple snippets taken from their forum with views on last nights game.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/82854/back

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/82860/red-card

They seem a pretty level headed lot to be fair

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

JamieM

• Forum Member
Comments from the Shrewsbury Form
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2013, 03:06:54 pm by JamieM »
'In my view Doncaster were the most impressive side I have seen at the meadow this season.

With eleven men we would have struggled. The stats tell the story, 20 attempts on goal. But for Weale and some last ditch defending we could have been well and truly hammered tonight'

'Don't understand the nonsense on here about Doncaster being average or nothing special. Not special compared to United or Real Madrid but in terms of who've been down here this season only Yeovil looked better. I thought Doncaster had pace everywhere, had a clear team plan and had a work rate that was as good as I've seen here all year. Despite the shocking sending off decision we were second best for most of the game. I would be very happy if we shaped up and played like Doncaster did tonight'

Very pleasing to read!!   :thumbsup:

JamieM

• Forum Member
Re: Views from the opposition (Shrewsbury)
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2013, 03:07:38 pm by JamieM »
You beat me to it!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Comments from the Shrewsbury Form
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2013, 03:20:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Nice to read that instead of the usual "lucky" dribble. We were excellent last night though so fully deserved praise. We were so, so quick in the build up last night, we always passed it forward and within 3-4 passes moved it from our own goal to 20-30 yards from theirs. We haven't been able to do that at all this season. Everyone linked together so well and we played as a team, instead of uninspired punts forward like we'd started to do during this blip. Hume and Copps are a brilliant pairing because they force us to get it down and be a bit clever with it, and they both ran themselves half to death last night. Those two up front for me every time from now on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012