Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:24:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Look north  (Read 2706 times)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Look north
« on February 27, 2013, 11:21:27 pm by goalkick »
Anyone know who the reviewer pundit was talking about the footy. Tonight was very biased about Sheffield u.was very disappointed we had knocked them off top.we seemed to be an after thought.never mind

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Re: Look north
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2013, 12:19:51 am by rover-n-out »
It was Paul Ogden, and I agree he seemed very displeased we had kept the Blades from top spot. We just can't win with that friggin' shower. For goodness sake,  I wish they would give US a bit of credit for once.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2013, 08:36:50 am by mjg »
I DONT WATCH LOOK NORTH OR CALENDER AS THEY GET ON MY NERVES, TV LEEDS AND SHEFFIELD

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2013, 11:17:33 am by mrfrostsdad »
Look North comes from Leeds not Doncaster unfortunately. It's been the same for years, only interested in Leeds. The Yorkshire Post is the same

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2013, 02:11:44 pm by RobTheRover »
I posted that in the Radio Dee daa thread.  Seems as though the media want us to fail too.

Backs aganst the wall time, lads.  Just a pub team having a laugh.  You can stick yer f&*king tea tray up yer arse, etc, etc, etc.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2013, 03:17:44 pm by Donnybax »
I would like us to have more recognition. But in a way I do like it makes it like we are the underdogs and the pub team mentalitiy 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 28, 2013, 04:09:37 pm by RobTheRover »
This is why we organised the flyby in 2004.  The local media were in raptures about Hull City, and then after the Mansfield moment and we hit top they all suddently went "So, Doncaster are top.  Anyway Hull are still in second, so lets look at extended highlights from the KC Stadium today".

Tanya Arnold got it.

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 28, 2013, 04:27:58 pm by uros-predic »
Get a grip people were a club that attracts 6k fans, obviously they are gonna try and please the majority of people by talking about the sheffield clubs and leeds

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 28, 2013, 04:28:41 pm by silent majority »
This is why we organised the flyby in 2004.  The local media were in raptures about Hull City, and then after the Mansfield moment and we hit top they all suddently went "So, Doncaster are top.  Anyway Hull are still in second, so lets look at extended highlights from the KC Stadium today".

Tanya Arnold got it.

In what way did she get it?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 28, 2013, 04:36:44 pm by RedJ »
Get a grip people were a club that attracts 6k fans, obviously they are gonna try and please the majority of people by talking about the sheffield clubs and leeds

But who's top of League One? AND within their catchment? Oh.

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2013, 07:24:41 pm by LINCrover2 »

And we still only bring in 6.5k crowds. Broadcasters have to cater to the masses unfortunately. Majority of their audience don't want to hear about DRFC despite where we are in the league!

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2013, 07:34:24 pm by ferribyrover »
Let's just stay TOTL and then all the broadcasters will have to cover us.
If they don't....who cares?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2013, 07:59:55 pm by RobTheRover »

Tanya Arnold got it.

In what way did she get it?

Not in the way you are thinking, dirty boy.

She agreed that we hadnt had the coverage we deserved and Hull had received far too much.  I'm still waiting for Dave to come up with that third reason.....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2013, 08:55:35 pm by RedJ »

And we still only bring in 6.5k crowds. Broadcasters have to cater to the masses unfortunately. Majority of their audience don't want to hear about DRFC despite where we are in the league!

No but it doesn't mean they've got to sound like they've got arse on when we ARE top.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012