Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:21:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MK Dons vs Rovers  (Read 29451 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: MK Dons vs Rovers
« Reply #90 on March 05, 2013, 08:36:14 pm by glosterred »
Play Maxted on Saturday. Anyone who defends Woods after what, the 4th (or 5th!?) error in 3 weeks needs their mental state evaluating. What planet are we on to persist with this clown!?

I have said it many times before that it is a team game - how many times have our strikers missed a sitter, how many times have our midfield not prevented an attack and how many times have our defenders not defended well enough. You have to blame the team not just one individual

COYR

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on March 05, 2013, 08:36:31 pm by hoolahoop »
We have no other options than to play Woods.

We have of course we have...............3 bloody seasons of saying we need a keeper and we've never sorted it. We only have ourselves to blame or should I say 3 managers  :mad:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on March 05, 2013, 08:37:07 pm by dknward2 »
1st line of defence is attack there are 11 players on the field but what a surprise its woods fault

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 05, 2013, 08:37:49 pm by RedJ »
Were we on 66 before tonight or is Player's table in denial?

Thought we were only a point clear.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 05, 2013, 08:37:58 pm by Viking Don »
He could have a shite on Copps head and some folk would say it's Copps fault.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on March 05, 2013, 08:38:08 pm by Filo »
No shots, No Corners and No f**king hope!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 05, 2013, 08:38:12 pm by MrFrost »
We have no other options than to play Woods.

We have of course we have...............3 bloody seasons of saying we need a keeper and we've never sorted it. We only have ourselves to blame or should I say 3 managers  :mad:

What other options do we currently have? Maxted - untested at senior level. Sullivan - too old and on loan.

With how we dilly dally getting players in on loan, I dare say we won't be bringing anyone in.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 05, 2013, 08:38:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Play Maxted on Saturday. Anyone who defends Woods after what, the 4th (or 5th!?) error in 3 weeks needs their mental state evaluating. What planet are we on to persist with this clown!?

I have said it many times before that it is a team game - how many times have our strikers missed a sitter, how many times have our midfield not prevented an attack and how many times have our defenders not defended well enough. You have to blame the team not just one individual

COYR

Enough glosterred ........there are no more excuses for this. Yes it is a 'teamgame' and he shouldn't be in it. PERIOD.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 05, 2013, 08:38:50 pm by andyst79 »
Handicapped from the start playing Pointer & the juggler

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on March 05, 2013, 08:39:40 pm by IDM »
No shots, No Corners and No f***ing hope!

There are 45 minutes to play Filo, no hope.?????

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 05, 2013, 08:39:50 pm by Metalmicky »
Is anyone (on here) actually at the game or are we all commenting on a 'mistake' we have heard about on Player?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 05, 2013, 08:39:55 pm by RoversAlias »

COYR

A goalkeeper is charged with having to make less errors than the rest of the team due to the nature of the role. His position is the last line of defence, we can excuse the occasional mistake but when a goalkeeper is dropping the ball in the net costing us goals 4 times in a 4 week spell he is playing in the wrong position. It is as simple as that. I'm not blaming him for a bad team performance or whatever, I am blaming him for costing us goals with his errors which I feel I've every right to do.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on March 05, 2013, 08:40:23 pm by RedJ »
Is anyone (on here) actually at the game or are we all commenting on a 'mistake' we have heard about on Player?

Standanista is at the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on March 05, 2013, 08:40:37 pm by IDM »

COYR

Enough glosterred ........there are no more excuses for this. Yes it is a 'teamgame' and he shouldn't be in it. PERIOD.

Who else then..? Name someone available??

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 05, 2013, 08:40:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whilst Woods has what looks to be like a career ending problem with actually catching the feckin ball, to lay the blame solely at his door is missing the critical problem - our outfield has been dire tonight.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on March 05, 2013, 08:41:26 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
1st line of defence is attack there are 11 players on the field but what a surprise its woods fault

Absolutely it is when you look at what he's let in this evening....Id have given my 8 year old daughter a 50/50 chance of saving it.

pubteam

« Reply #106 on March 05, 2013, 08:41:49 pm by pubteam »

Commentators: Woods will be disappointed not to hold that or at least push it wide.
Liam Hoden says the same.
Standanista (on this thread): Woods down to his right should have held it.

They are all at the game.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 05, 2013, 08:43:03 pm by MachoMadness »
We shouldn't have to be scoring 2-3 goals a game just because Woods is always liable to chuck one in! What happened to accountability and responsibilty? We're not playing well but that doesn't mean Woods should just chuck one in to make it fair. He has a responsibility to the team which he's not fulfilling. Bad keeper. End of.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on March 05, 2013, 08:43:20 pm by not on facebook »
Most Of you lot are fcuking idiots

BELIVE

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on March 05, 2013, 08:43:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The Woods mistake seems to have blinded people from the fact that we've had no shots so far and can't string passes together. Maybe if we could get the ball in the opposition half that would help...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on March 05, 2013, 08:43:55 pm by glosterred »

COYR

A goalkeeper is charged with having to make less errors than the rest of the team due to the nature of the role. His position is the last line of defence, we can excuse the occasional mistake but when a goalkeeper is dropping the ball in the net costing us goals 4 times in a 4 week spell he is playing in the wrong position. It is as simple as that. I'm not blaming him for a bad team performance or whatever, I am blaming him for costing us goals with his errors which I feel I've every right to do.

But are you blaming the strikers for missing a goal - no you are not, the best way to win games is scoring goals, if the strikers don't do that we wont win. But no one blames them when they miss and we do not win - we jump on the blame the goalkeeper band wagon

COYR

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 05, 2013, 08:44:25 pm by drfcsteve »
Maxted is even worse than Woods, our only option is to get a keeper on loan but that doesn't seem to be one of Brian's priorities.

pubteam

« Reply #112 on March 05, 2013, 08:44:29 pm by pubteam »

BELIVE

Haha.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 05, 2013, 08:44:40 pm by RedJ »

BELIVE

Why are we and what is there so far to suggest that we're going to score?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on March 05, 2013, 08:45:16 pm by southwestexile »
even Joe Hart would let one in at the Alamo - he's a keeper not a brick wall

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 05, 2013, 08:47:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Doesn't matter who is in goal if we can't get the ball out of our own half we wont win anyway.

pubteam

« Reply #116 on March 05, 2013, 08:47:31 pm by pubteam »
Doesn't matter who is in goal if we can't get the ball out of our own half we wont win anyway.

But we'd be at 0-0, which is better than 0-1.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on March 05, 2013, 08:48:09 pm by hoolahoop »

BELIVE

We do 'BELIVE' Oslo that this lad's day for outing has now arrived. However sounds like the rest of our play is pretty dour too.........it's not looking good.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on March 05, 2013, 08:48:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Tis only half time but the way the game has gone is entirely down to our own making. Cannot see the point of selecting a midfield player who has proven not to be up to the job.

There were another of other options that Flynn could have used including starting with Paynter and playing Hume in an advanced midfield role instead of Paynter. 

If he insisted we needed another holding midfielder, he could have played Griffin however tactically that would invite them on and, on they have come. The same formation as Saturday would have helped us to keep them more occupied. The back four are capable of protecting themselves without a nodding donkey playing on their toes and getting in everyone's way. Feel sorry for Lundstarm who the commentators are saying is having to do Harper's share of the work.

I'll resist making any judgement about the goal but second half we need a change immediately otherwise we'll be 2 down before you know it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on March 05, 2013, 08:48:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Maxted is even worse than Woods....

Based on what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012