Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 points guaranteed on Saturday  (Read 3458 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
3 points guaranteed on Saturday
« on March 20, 2013, 12:45:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 If you're caught going even ever so slightly over the speed limit. Yes it's that time again when the Humberside Coppers rub their hands in anticipation of a financial windfall in what could well be their main source of income.

Be sure to stick to the speed limits, and watch out for the parking traps. That will really disappoint them.

Make sure it's only the mighty Rovers who pick up 3 points.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: 3 points guaranteed on Saturday
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2013, 01:07:30 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Humberside Police work to the same guidelines as every other police force in the country. 10% plus 2mph.
ie. 35mph in at 30 limit you get done, 46mph in a 40 etc etc etc.
And it's not necessarily 3 points on your licence,it could be more, depending how fast you are going.

But yes, 3 points for the Rovers - weather permitting.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 20, 2013, 01:23:50 pm by donnievic »
That's how it should but I once got done doing 55 in the 50 zone near bawtry on a631 and took speeding awareness course

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 20, 2013, 01:31:29 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Personally, I would have gone to court with that one and have them prove their equipment was accurate. My guess is South Yorks Police would have backed down.
One of the main reasons police forces work to 10% plus 2mph is because car speedo' are often up to 10% inaccurate. And often their equipment is not so accurate

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 20, 2013, 01:59:13 pm by donnievic »
It wasnt South Yorkshire,sure it was notts police but ended up going to Barton on Humber for the course and those doing the course said I shouldn't of been done for it either

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 20, 2013, 02:07:20 pm by Wild Rover »
Mrfrostsdad

All such equipment is calibrated by a recognised calibration / certification agent of UKAS, and as such has an "Uncertainty of measurement budget", the sort of equipment generally speaking has an uncertainty of measurement dependant upon display charecteristics of between 0.015% - 1.2%.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:14:26 pm by Wild Rover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 20, 2013, 04:11:28 pm by idler »
My mate got done in Bradford doing 34 mph.
The copper told him 33 would have been ok.
He was a civilian employee of West Yorkshire Police at the time as well.
Still got 3 points and a fine.

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 20, 2013, 04:20:22 pm by Donny Dub »
Are those bad boys still haunting the M62 then?  I've been stopped a few times on it and always unmarked cars on an empty road and between Leeds and Hull.
Don't get caught!
Good luck!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 20, 2013, 04:22:38 pm by bedale rover »
That's how it should but I once got done doing 55 in the 50 zone near bawtry on a631 and took speeding awareness course

i went on one of those in bury

it was actually good and useful
(i was obviously receptive that day)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 20, 2013, 04:27:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are those bad boys still haunting the M62 then?  I've been stopped a few times on it and always unmarked cars on an empty road and between Leeds and Hull.
Don't get caught!
Good luck!

Oh yes, their favourite little hiding places are usually after bridges.  I work just off the M62 in W Yorks and they have a few hiding places depending which route I take.  One good one is just around the bend on the M62-A1 slip road where it becomes 50MPH, seen many nabbed there.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 20, 2013, 04:53:46 pm by donnyallday »
Statutes and Acts arnt LAW.

Claim common law and remain silent.

Police swear upon oath to uphold the law which only covers Loss Harm or Damage, if non of those appear whilst driving above the limit, thats common law.

They are public servants, serving you and not out for profit.

Dont answer any questions that way no contract is taking place.

Say nothing and quote COMMON LAW.  :saywhat:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 20, 2013, 04:59:26 pm by donnievic »

been on 2 now oops!!!!most of it is boring and crap but must admit you do get to learn little bits

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2013, 05:21:51 pm by MiKA »

been on 2 now oops!!!!most of it is boring and crap but must admit you do get to learn little bits
Why not get your other half to take the points for you!  lol

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 20, 2013, 08:08:23 pm by donnievic »
Don't get points if go on course,plus think she would get into more trouble she hasn't got a license lol

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 20, 2013, 08:22:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
They can send you on the speed awareness course if you are over the limit but not ovet the 10% + 1MPH, but they rarely do so you have to be really unlucky if you get pulled for doing 33 in a 30 zone.

I find it funny how the course is dearer than the fine and the points, must be a nice little fundraiser.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 20, 2013, 08:54:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They can send you on the speed awareness course if you are over the limit but not ovet the 10% + 1MPH, but they rarely do so you have to be really unlucky if you get pulled for doing 33 in a 30 zone.

I find it funny how the course is dearer than the fine and the points, must be a nice little fundraiser.

I got done at 34 in a 30  but as you say the course was dearer than the fine and points, but they sell it one what it'll do to your insurance for the next 20 million years

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 20, 2013, 09:35:14 pm by donnievic »
For the extra 20 or 30 quid its deffo worth going on the course rather than then points on your license that might make insurance dearer although can only go on it once every 3 years

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2013, 02:08:13 am by mrfrostsdad »
You still have to inform your insurance company of the fact that you have been done for speeding. If you read your policy that is quite clear.
Quite what all the nonsense is about common and statute law is I really don't know. Road Traffic Law is statute and therefore law. In general, common law was instituted way before the invention of the motor car, ie murder

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2013, 08:44:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
I got done doing 37 in a 30 limit. I was offered a speed awareness course and I took it. The bloke who headed the course summed up at the end by telling us that if our insurance companies asked if we'd been summonsed for speeding, we should all say 'no'. And if asked if we'd been on a speed awareness course, tell them it's none of their business!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:49:58 am by Bentley Bullet »

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 21, 2013, 09:14:55 am by The L J Monk »
Quite what all the nonsense is about common and statute law is I really don't know. Road Traffic Law is statute and therefore law.

It's the Road Traffic Act not the Road Traffic Law. There is a subtle difference.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2013, 11:50:49 am by bobjimwilly »
You still have to inform your insurance company of the fact that you have been done for speeding. If you read your policy that is quite clear.

I've done a speed awareness course and we got told specifically by the "instructor" we don't have to tell the insurance company because we haven't been prosecuted for speeding and it isn't held on any record that they can access that we have.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2013, 05:01:01 pm by donnyallday »
mr monk.

Any ACT is an  Act, a act only becomes Law when the goverend becomes consented, i.e, dont consent, that becomes common law.

Injury, loss or damage is law, non of these accur its an act, therefore ant act, any act, driving, etc etc, isnt  a law.

read up and study it, its very clever.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 21, 2013, 05:38:29 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Gotta laugh at these threads.

If you don't want points, fine or be offered the course don't speed.

If you do speed, and I don't buy those who say they sped by accident, and get caught, you've only got yourself to blame.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 21, 2013, 05:42:24 pm by Mr1Croft »
It depends on how you define "done for speeding". I'm pretty sure insurance companies request you inform them of any arrests, criminal charges or prosecutions related to driving. If you don't pay the fine and take the points and pay for a speed awareness course you have been "done" for breaking the law, but any charges are dropped because you have shown a willingness to improve your behavior.

As for quoting Common Law that is a myth that started doing the rounds a few years back, many have tried it and left the fine and it just increased to the point of the bailiffs. There have been some very well publicized cases of people losing their possessions (including their homes) to pay what was at one point only a £60 fine.

If you define common law it is basically the judgments passed in courts because there is no preceding statute or case, therefore the new judgement is taken to be law hence 'common law'. However under Common Law a Judge has the right to find you guilty and fine you for speeding because judges before them have done so.

So stick to the speed limits and if you don't then pay the penalty.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 21, 2013, 06:14:08 pm by donnyallday »
For any fine to be  paid, you have to engage in a contract { verbally} by telling plod your name, youve lost common law then and enters governed law, which is how you get prosecuted .  Any Act does not become Law until you become goverend by consent.... Dont concent.

You have the right to remain silent, thats there for a reason, use it.
without you telling them your name they cant proceed to prosecute you.

Even better, your name isnt really you. You are basically a human being, a freeman of the land. Your birth certificate doesnt even belong to you, it belongs to the Crown.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 21, 2013, 06:50:32 pm by Mr1Croft »
The thought process behind that is flawed. Under section 172 of the Road Traffic Act, certain offences which include getting caught speeding by a speed camera require you to inform the authorities who was driving your car. Failure to do this is a criminal offence.

In your scenario the police can find your name (or the owner of the car your driving) using the registration, they will send you the letter asking for the name of who was driving. Failure to comply is still a criminal offence. You will be summoned, convicted and fined for both exceeding the speed limit and failure to inform the police who was driving your vehicle under Section 172 of the Road and Traffic Act 1978.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2013, 07:10:21 pm by donnyallday »
Mr C.

speed cameras is another area, altho i did get off with a camera fine as i got the summons late in the post, i pointed the 14 day reply and got let off.

All this is about generating income, we are becoming getting put in our place by nazi style tactics.
 The police force entirety is becomimg a corporation and only out for gain, i.e monies.

AGAIN  you are stating Acts...... You dont comply to be governed, therefore an act cannot become law. All we are doing is being brainwashed .

If for instance you get pulled over by plod, lower your window slightly, whatever he says to you, dont comply, once yuo do act becomes law, whip your Camera/phone out and record everything so he knows fully well your intentions and give no info at all, state common law   and rubbish any acts in a polite way.

Its the very first point of contact you have by stating common law therefore plods act cannot become law.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012