Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:00:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scunthorpe away info.....  (Read 1872 times)

Spankster

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
Re: Scunthorpe away info.....
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2013, 10:33:18 pm by LincolnDonny »
My wife (disabled, in a wheel-chair) and me would have liked to have gone on Saturday to Scunny.
But after reading the reports on their so called disabled facilities we have had to forgo this important local Derby.
She would have had to sit in the front, where she could get hit by a ball. This must not happen as it would kill her.
As her husband and full-time carer I would have had to sit behind where I could not protect her, unlike when I sit on her right side at Donny.
Also the toilets are not close enough (this can be a most important thing, more so for the disabled).

You wouldn't think that their League Ground could be so poor in facilities in 2013.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2013, 08:20:26 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
My wife (disabled, in a wheel-chair) and me would have liked to have gone on Saturday to Scunny.
But after reading the reports on their so called disabled facilities we have had to forgo this important local Derby.
She would have had to sit in the front, where she could get hit by a ball. This must not happen as it would kill her.
As her husband and full-time carer I would have had to sit behind where I could not protect her, unlike when I sit on her right side at Donny.
Also the toilets are not close enough (this can be a most important thing, more so for the disabled).

You wouldn't think that their League Ground could be so poor in facilities in 2013.

Really sorry to hear that LincolnDonny

Its shocking really that a football league ground cant cater for the disabled without being able to guarentee their safety.

At least we have good facilities at the ground we play most of our games at :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2013, 08:24:13 am by IDM »
Like any walk of life, there will be a huge range of needs for people with disabilities.  I guess that it is impractical for each individual person's needs to be catered for everywhere.  It is a shame for the poster here and his wife that Scunthorpe's ground is not set up to accommodate them - hopefully many more are?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2013, 08:44:04 am by donnievic »
I know it still poor but their ground is now getting on to be nearly 25 years old

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2013, 12:38:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Thats true, Steve, but they still had to make adaptations under the Disability Discrimination Act to accommodate access for disabled supporters.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2013, 01:49:29 pm by donnievic »
Thing is rob no doubt they have but they are just poor facilities.alot of away ground wheelchair users are at the bottom just think to expect it like it is for home games where they are pretty well protected in the west stand

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2013, 07:46:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Sadly, thats enough for DDA compliance.  They dont have to offer the best views or anything.

I remember when Andy Liney was working on the design input for the KMS the facilities for disabled fans were very high on the priority list.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012