Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away support for remaining games.  (Read 1921 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Away support for remaining games.
« on March 20, 2013, 10:05:16 pm by normal rules »
Gutted that I cannot make the scunny Game this weekend or the cov game now it's on good Friday. the brentford game is likely to be very well attended either way because it's the last game of the season and rovers will either be promoted or will need a result to determine where they finish.
All the away games left I have no doubt will be well attended. I shall be at brentford but I am really interested in the Crewe match.
This game could be a clincher. Gresty rd, could be where the season is decided and it's the penultimate away match, it's on a sat and it's not too far to get to. The side stand holds 1700 ish and we could get behind the goal to replicate the sell out this weekend.
Out of all the games remaining this season I think this could be THE game to be at. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Away support for remaining games.
« Reply #1 on March 20, 2013, 10:17:37 pm by donnievic »
Deffo and love to shut the gobby youth club lot of in the home end

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2013, 01:09:55 am by andysly »
In all the years I've followed Rovers I've never been to Crewe, I've got train ticket so I'm there this time.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2013, 07:00:25 am by Draytonian III »
You`ve not missed much

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2013, 07:58:55 am by RedJ »
Hoping to get to all remaining away games simply because it could be an experience I never have again (i.e. missing an "I was there" moment on the run in that could win us the title). That and t'lass needs some new shopping destinations. :thumbsup:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2013, 12:42:12 pm by RobTheRover »
You`ve not missed much

I like Crewe's ground.  I remember going one year (early 90s) Tuesday night match, and the motorways were a disaster so decided to "plot a direct route" through the minor country roads.  Set off at about 4pm and missed the first 10 minutes! lol.  Billy Tightshirt got 2 but we conceded 5, I think. 

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2013, 01:44:56 pm by donnievic »
I can also remember going late 80s or maybe 90 when think they were unbeaten at home and we were struggling and Paul Dobson scored twice in a 2-0 win

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2013, 02:00:10 pm by The Red Baron »
I've been up to Gresty Road loads of times, including to the Johnstone's game this season. I even met Retford Rover for the first time on a train back from Crewe after a match in the late 70s/ early 80s (when Billy Bremner was manager).

Thanks to the "kindness" of London Midland trains I have some free travel passes (to compensate for their poor service when I was one of their season ticket holders). So I'll be using one to get to Crewe on 13th April- assuming I can get a ticket for the game. A day of beer and football awaits!  :lol:

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2013, 02:40:47 pm by 1879Rovers »
I can also remember going late 80s or maybe 90 when think they were unbeaten at home and we were struggling and Paul Dobson scored twice in a 2-0 win

That game is my only ever visit to Gresty Road. Floodlights were on top of telegraph poles at the time.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2013, 04:52:56 pm by donnievic »
If anyone buying train tickets think its cheaper to get donny-Stockport and then Stockport-Crewe returns you have to change at Crewe anyway

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2013, 10:13:48 pm by JonWallsend »

That game is my only ever visit to Gresty Road. Floodlights were on top of telegraph poles at the time.

October 88. I'd just started University in Manchester so it was a relatively close game. Looked like getting a good hiding at the station after the game from a few kids until about 8 proper blokes from Doncaster rolled into bar and instantly took me under their wing. They were all in their 40's and were going onto an evening in Manchester.  I ended up with them on Piccadilly Road until about 2 that morning. Best away trip I've ever been on.

Got to be the train for Crewe away- in my memory you step off the platform and into the ground.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2013, 11:25:54 pm by donnievic »
Near enough would say 800 yard walk to the ground and few good pubs nearby

TinyPortal © 2005-2012