Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:11:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Glanford Park Moments  (Read 3284 times)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Glanford Park Moments
« Reply #30 on March 22, 2013, 05:14:35 pm by benaldo »
My personal Glanford Park best memory was - can't remember the year - watching the match when Cliff "The horror, the horror" Field (was it field, or Burns?...anyway) started warming up just in front of us. He was enthusiastically going through his jogging up and down when some Rovers fan shouted "Jesus Christ Cliff. You've got a face only a mother could love". The Rovers fan was quite correct. Cliff turned around and joined in the fun and merriment until someone told him he was being brought on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 22, 2013, 05:34:31 pm by Capmeister »
........or Peter Beagrie getting some stick when he had to take a corner. It was well deserved. Horrible little shit he was.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 22, 2013, 05:39:39 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Anyone remember us having to play in scunnys away shorts and socks because their manager had something to say about a kit clash? Think it was the 2-0 defeat

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 22, 2013, 06:27:52 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Anyone remember us having to play in scunnys away shorts and socks because their manager had something to say about a kit clash? Think it was the 2-0 defeat

Yeh thats the one, quite embarresing too

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 22, 2013, 07:26:47 pm by Crowle Rover »
Was at the 5-0 and the 3-1 and the Kieron Brady goal match and the Leo goal match. But the one that stands out for me is the last match of 89-90. We'd been hash for three years and we got arseholed 4-1 that day. But Bremner was putting a side if rare power, skill and determination together. Jones, Muir, Gormley, Brevett, Raven,  etc. it was coming together. We finished 4th bottom that day but you just knew something was bubbling up for the next season.

1500 of us stayed after the match chanting Bremner's names until he finally came out of the changing room and onto the pitch to salute us. It was electric.

Even though we had Italian 90 and England so nearly winning the World Cup, I've never in my life wished a close season to go so quickly.

And then absolutely obliterating the first 5 league opponents the next season made it seem like we had called it right. If only Jones and Muir hadn't had such fragile neck/ankle.

Remember Jones walking off the pitch draped in an "Askern Reds" flag.
The chant of "We want Billy!" seemed to go on forever.
You'd never have thought we'd had ashite season.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 22, 2013, 09:01:06 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
The 3-1 in 1993.  We were proper p!ssed, and the Rovers were bang up for it.  A fine display with David Roche driving a 30 yarder in the top corner.  In our drunken over-exuberance at a fine away victory we decided we were going on the pitch at the end, to celebrate with the players.  The only problem was that this was still in the days of the fences round the pitch, and the post-Hillsborough reforms werent in place.  So we wobbled up to this nice lady steward on the gate in the fence and said to her "Hey love, we're going on the pitch to see the players", and she says "No, you arent".  "Yes we are", we say, "so you can either open the gate, or we'll climb the fence".  She thought about it for a moment, probably didnt fancy seeing any of us fall to our deaths from that fence, and opened the gate.

Jamie Lawrence got told 3 drunken 23 year old's loved him, that day.

If thats the game I think it is I'd rushed to Scunny after spending all morning in Donny booking a Lad's holiday. Still terracing behind the goals in those days as I remember. Found a fiver on the floor as well and put it to more than good use  :thumbsup:

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 22, 2013, 09:04:07 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Been to most of the BIG games as mentioned... The 5-0, The 2-2 Leo game and also SOD'd miserable, gutless defeat. The only time I meant nearly as deflated was Yevil at home just before he spectactularly turned things around. The rest, as they say, is history.

Roll on Tomorrow, beat the SKitsons and I can hold my head up in Epworth for a while longer...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012