Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:26:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sitting back.  (Read 1851 times)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Sitting back.
« on March 23, 2013, 09:24:49 pm by MiKA »
Why do we keep making it hard on ourselves? Despite completely dominating today and the huge void between our sides we could have easily dropped another 2 points today.  Saunders corrected this problem when he took over from SOD but Flynn seems to be making the same mistakes.   :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Sitting back.
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2013, 09:28:16 pm by donnievic »
I don't think Saunders corrected we just didn't attack as much when he was here for it to stand out

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2013, 09:32:26 pm by andysly »
I don't think we sat back to defend more an attempt to bring them on and counter attack, this has worked well before away from home though this time we gave away a goal late on. 
We had numerous chances on the break and another 1 or 2 goals wouldn't have been flattering.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2013, 10:01:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Listen, when you are away from home, no matter how much you generally control the game (like we did today), the home side is going to have a spell when they put you under pressure.  Scunny got their 2nd in one of those spells.

Having said that, if Cotts had taken defending 101, he wouldnt have let his man get past him so easily then just jog into the box like it didnt matter.  Jones needs to either grab him and give him a 1-2-1 in facing someone up and forcing them back/wide, or tell him to not bother coming back.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2013, 10:08:03 pm by Viking Don »
We did win today didn't we?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2013, 10:09:18 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes we won, but you can always improve.  Its fine margins, this title chasing lark.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2013, 10:14:16 pm by Viking Don »
Sorry, wasn't getting at you RtR, just seems even after a win there's got to be something to moan about these days.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2013, 10:16:26 pm by River Don »
There was a lot of talk about Duffy today on the radio. Did he look that good?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2013, 10:17:25 pm by donnievic »
Yeah but maybe he stood out more because the rest of them were shit

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 23, 2013, 10:18:55 pm by RobTheRover »
He was good on the ball, and would certainly compliment what we have.  I'd be opening talks with his agent now if I were BF......

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 23, 2013, 10:22:18 pm by MiKA »
Sorry, wasn't getting at you RtR, just seems even after a win there's got to be something to moan about these days.

It wasn't a moan just a concern.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 23, 2013, 10:33:08 pm by MachoMadness »
Should've been out of sight by then. If anyone could explain to me how it was physically possible for Hume to fail to get a hat trick today, I'd appreciate it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 23, 2013, 10:34:05 pm by RedJ »
Most of these "sitters" were down the other end so I couldn't see obviously, but they didn't look easy chances anyway.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 23, 2013, 10:55:01 pm by donnievic »
Should've been out of sight by then. If anyone could explain to me how it was physically possible for Hume to fail to get a hat trick today, I'd appreciate it.
because he didn't shoot past the keeper and in between them white things 3 times ??? Only a guess.but can only seem to recall missing from around the spot after being set up by brown in the 2nd half really which should of done better

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 23, 2013, 11:27:03 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm not meaning to have a go at Humey, he'd be in my first XI every week and we're a better side when he plays. Certainly one of our best players of the season. Just pointing out he missed a couple of chances where it looked easier to score, he wasn't the only one by any means though.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 23, 2013, 11:49:49 pm by donnievic »
I can only think of the one really off hand that I mentioned that he should of done better with cant recall any other sitters

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 23, 2013, 11:56:16 pm by MachoMadness »
He missed a couple of one on ones in the first half in addition to the one he scored, and the one you mentioned as well. Like I said, not meaning to harp on about it because we still won and he at least got one, and he was far from the only one missing good chances, but we should've been out of sight. Scunny's defence was an absolute joke though, hopefully we're a bit more clinical against Cov because we'll certainly have a tougher time going forward then.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012