Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our supporters  (Read 5688 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Our supporters
« Reply #30 on March 31, 2013, 03:05:27 pm by graingrover »
This IS an issue at football and a reason many people drift out of the game as supporters . The Viking co op could  establish a procedure with the club wherebye supporters can call in stewards on such occasions at Keepmoat without every single incident having to be left for the bravest to intervene personally .Let's take the objective of improving the Match Day experience for normal members of our community seriously for the good of all at the club.If there  ARE morons in attendance the club needs to show them they are not welcome .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 31, 2013, 03:47:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'm with you on this Graingrover.  Would take a lot of time (and a bit more than this), for the culture shift to happen but for the good of the decent mass of supporters this really would improve the matchday experience.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 31, 2013, 03:52:07 pm by CusworthRovers »
If you take out the morons, then you will be depriving the club of a great deal of money.

Home or away, give an area to the ultra's, the shouters, the bawlers, the gob shites, the singers, the big mouth strikes again crowd.
Then give an area to the opposite of the above

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 31, 2013, 05:39:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
For me it's more about changing the culture so that those inclined to behave that way moderate their behaviour.  It can happen.
I was at the centre of an incident that got a mention on here last season where a perpetual moaner was challenged.  He gave the predictable response of offering the guy out and got the response he probably hadn't expected.
Suffice to say, no violence took place but it was explained to him how he could improve his support.
He's still coming and been as good as gold since.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012