Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:30:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean furman  (Read 3096 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Dean furman
« on March 29, 2013, 07:18:44 pm by Dare to dream! »
Changed the game when he came on, excellent performance and so close to getting a goal. Should start with lundstram on Monday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Dean furman
« Reply #1 on March 29, 2013, 07:20:37 pm by mushRTID »
Man of match just beating griffin but should have buried that late header. Right on his head from Copps.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 29, 2013, 07:22:26 pm by philsky »
Man of match just beating griffin but should have buried that late header. Right on his head from Copps.

I thought likewise but given the state of his face just now I guess he winced a tad !!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2013, 07:24:59 pm by Donnybax »
Thought he was brilliant when he came on always found our players controlled the game and made some good breaking runs.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 29, 2013, 07:25:47 pm by MiKA »
Griffin was MOTM for me but Furman really looks the part, took control of the midfield and the game when he came on.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2013, 07:43:35 pm by IDM »
Furman looked like he was too far underneath to make the header count - better had it been Brown in that position.

Cracking strike to hit the post.  Hope he starts on Monday!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2013, 07:48:20 pm by donnievic »
Furman looked like he was too far underneath to make the header count - better had it been Brown in that position.

Cracking strike to hit the post.  Hope he starts on Monday!
yeah looked like he was stretching abit likewise with McCombe when could of tried getting there,if he had tried with his head I don't think it would of been in his reach but could be wrong.deffo had chances 2nd half again even without the 2 chances that were missed before the linesman put his flag up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2013, 07:50:32 pm by IDM »
At half time I was thinking we won't even make the play offs.  More of the 2nd half please for promotion!

Furman made a big difference, even BF admits that we were spot on tactically 2nd half, hopefully that means a start for Furman.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2013, 08:04:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Did really well today. Agree he completely changed the game, funnily enough last time he came on it completely changed the game in a negative way, this time we battered them and were unlucky not to get at least a point. Made to pay for missing some good chances once again though, it is getting worrying now.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 29, 2013, 09:06:26 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Totally agree quite simply our best player. I still believe.RTID

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2013, 02:10:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Did really well today. Agree he completely changed the game, funnily enough last time he came on it completely changed the game in a negative way, this time we battered them and were unlucky not to get at least a point. Made to pay for missing some good chances once again though, it is getting worrying now.
He did not change the game negative way, Flynn should have taken off Husband and left Copps on then we may have seen a different result. But Flynns decisions are always in question.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2013, 05:57:42 pm by Al4475 »
I thought he did very well - but having said that I thought we showed in the second half why we are still pushing at the top! What a pity the first half was such a damp squib for us!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2013, 06:49:13 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought he did very well - but having said that I thought we showed in the second half why we are still pushing at the top! What a pity the first half was such a damp squib for us!

Agreed. We cannot win every game, but if we don't, then we must at least put in a performance worthy of our position and ongoing momentum. I thought we did that after the scrappy opening and looked a team at the top. Some good performances  from players who aren't necessarily ensured a starting point when we have a fully fit team. If anything it improves the bench and the starting 11 to perform better

Griffin.....Quinn should come back ?
Furman......Would he start before Lundy and Syersy?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2013, 09:35:00 pm by Al4475 »
Cussy:
Griffin.....Quinn should come back ?
Furman......Would he start before Lundy and Syersy?

IMO one of Furman or Lundstram should (if possible) be made a permanent signing to play alongside Syers! My guess is Furman is by far the more realistic possibility of the two!

And yes - long term (IMO again) Quinny should come back! He's had a great season despite being a very different type of fullback to recent previous incumbents of the jersey!

Griffin is a very useful player to have in the squad and I'd imagine (although I have no idea why I think this) he's a livewire in the dressing room.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:40:20 pm by Al4475 »

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2013, 04:08:59 pm by CusworthRovers »
I'd go with that.

Lundy still looks raw and one cannot see him getting anywhere the Everton bench yet. If all go's to plan, we can get promoted and get him for another loan (season). That will suit us, it should him and it should hopefully suit Everton, to see if one of their starlets can hack it in Prem 2. If he doesn't, then we can take or leave him. If he does, then Everton can start blooding him into Prem 1 for2014/2015.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012