Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:59:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reasons to be Cheerful  (Read 5741 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Reasons to be Cheerful
« on March 29, 2013, 09:34:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

1. Sheff Utd have got to fit in 8 games in 26 days, including matches against Brentford, Swindon and Walsall.

2. Brentford might be in decent form at the moment, but they are gash away from home and 5 of their last 7 games are away, including Sheff U & Coventry.

3. Bournemouth are back in form but they won't win every match till the end of the season. If they do, they'll have won 9 on the bounce. Teams don't win 9 on the bounce at this level.

Now. Stay firm lads. Not the time to go wobbly.

Win on Monday and all will be rosy. Not least because Swindon will then be out of the race and it'll be down to 2 from 4.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Reasons to be Cheerful
« Reply #1 on March 29, 2013, 09:39:00 pm by Viking Don »
Great song!

Just hope I can find a bar in Alvor willing to show the game instead of ManuVcoontski.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 29, 2013, 09:39:44 pm by keepmoatman »
At last   :rtid:
Was waiting for that post BST well said that man  :scarf:

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2013, 09:50:37 pm by goalkick »
The key statement,win on Monday.

pubteam

« Reply #4 on March 29, 2013, 10:05:12 pm by pubteam »
What if we don't win on Monday?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2013, 10:08:32 pm by Drover »
Then sir,It will be squeaky bum time again.BUT we will not lose on monday.Im confident. :scarf:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2013, 10:12:23 pm by RedJ »
4. We're not from Rotherham.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2013, 11:15:34 pm by hoolahoop »
Great song!

Just hope I can find a bar in Alvor willing to show the game instead of ManuVcoontski.

Warm in the Algarve at the moment VD ? I do hope they haven't over-developed this lovely village.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2013, 11:37:49 pm by Viking Don »
Great song!

Warm in the Algarve at the moment VD ? I do hope they haven't over-developed this lovely village.

My favourite place Hools, there has been some building work going on over the last 20 years I've been going but it's still a tiny village with a spectacular beach. The authorities stopped the 'let's turn this into Benidorm', type of place so good on them, even though they're skint they want to retain the beauty of their land.

Raining for the first week or so though so hopefully can find a pub showing THE game.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 30, 2013, 01:06:06 am by Mr1Croft »
Today gives us a bigger reason to be as noisy as possible and show the watching world we are fully behind our team; win draw or lose!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2013, 02:29:05 pm by Surrey Rover »
We finished the game yesterday with a midfield quartet that can compete with any midfield in this division, it's only taken 40 games to get there, we've been at our most vulnerable in that area of the pitch all season. If we are able field the same four for the last six games we've got a very good chance of finishing in the top two.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2013, 02:59:26 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Another positive .......... no injuries and no yellow cards

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2013, 03:20:07 pm by donnievic »
Are all yellow card wiped off now ??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2013, 07:45:14 pm by The Red Baron »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE</a>

Tends to be thought of as a bit of a fun record because of Ian Dury's record (which it is) but (thanks to Chas Jankel) it is also a splendid piece of jazz-funk. Enjoy!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2013, 07:57:01 pm by River Don »
New boots and panties required on Monday?!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2013, 07:58:11 pm by CusworthRovers »
lucky bleeders, lucky bleeders

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2013, 08:05:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Going to need a change of y-fronts every week by the look of it between now and May

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2013, 09:41:34 pm by Al4475 »
We're top of the league into the last few weeks - no one really forsaw that (one or two bookies aside maybe) - that's gotta be a great reason to be cheerful no?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 30, 2013, 09:45:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Yellow cards wiped second Sunday in April, not so good re Cotts 9y and Jones 8y.

Not so good for Sheff either with one on 9y, 2 on 8y.

Brentford have one on 9y,

Swindon one on 8y

Yeovil three on 8y

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 31, 2013, 08:51:03 am by colincramb »
Just a small point, but I'm certain hull won 9 on the bounce in 2004/05 when they went up?? Yes, although unlikely, Bournemouth could. Point is, I'm not sure we can discount them purely on that basis. We really do need to win our remaining home games and for me that could be enough (nearly...)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 31, 2013, 09:28:23 am by donnievic »
Earlier on in the season they won 11 and draw 2 roughly against the same teams they are playing in the run in so anything is possible and looks like 2 games to make sure they hopefully stay clear of bookings

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 31, 2013, 10:11:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
1) Hull won 8 in a row in 04/05.

2) Bournemouth DID get 9 wins and 2 draws from 11 matches. They didn't win 9 on the bounce though.

Look, I'm sure some club must have won 9 in a row in this league at some point in history. My point is that it's a feat rarer than an Andy Watson tackle. If it happens then the very best of luck to Bournemouth. They'll have earned their 85 points.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 31, 2013, 10:36:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Go on. I'm a nerdy t**t who can't resist checking the facts.

Bristol City won 11 on the bounce in this division in 03/04
Wigan did the same the season before.

Apart from those two occurrences, there have been 13,318 sequences of 9 matches in this division in the last 15 years. No team has done better than 8 wins and a draw. And THAT has only been done half a dozen times or so.

Like I say, if Bournemouth do it, then hats off to them. But I wouldn't put money on it happening. Or I'd want about 6,500/1 odds against it if I did put money on it.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 31, 2013, 10:47:29 am by Spud »
You have far too much time on your hands bst :-D

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 31, 2013, 11:48:42 am by Northants Nomad »
Great song!

Alvor?? Say hello to my timeshare for me!

Where are you staying?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 31, 2013, 12:16:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Spud. It's Easter Sunday morning. Some folk go to Church. Some worship at the altar of Stats.

PS. It took about 90 seconds to find that info. Internet eh? Bloody hell.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 31, 2013, 12:27:35 pm by Spud »
Yeah am bored too mate, resisting the pub as long as possible, church i mean !!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 31, 2013, 03:09:35 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm just scouting one of next season's opponents.  Villas kids aren't half bad.  Unlucky to be losing.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 31, 2013, 03:34:17 pm by DonnyRTID »

1. Sheff Utd have got to fit in 8 games in 26 days, including matches against Brentford, Swindon and Walsall.

2. Brentford might be in decent form at the moment, but they are gash away from home and 5 of their last 7 games are away, including Sheff U & Coventry.

3. Bournemouth are back in form but they won't win every match till the end of the season. If they do, they'll have won 9 on the bounce. Teams don't win 9 on the bounce at this level.

Now. Stay firm lads. Not the time to go wobbly.

Win on Monday and all will be rosy. Not least because Swindon will then be out of the race and it'll be down to 2 from 4.

4. Swindon have never won in Doncaster.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 31, 2013, 10:15:16 pm by hoolahoop »
Great song!

My favourite place Hools, there has been some building work going on over the last 20 years I've been going but it's still a tiny village with a spectacular beach. The authorities stopped the 'let's turn this into Benidorm', type of place so good on them, even though they're skint they want to retain the beauty of their land.

Raining for the first week or so though so hopefully can find a pub showing THE game.

I love this part of the Algarve, thanks for making up my mind on where to take my Summer holiday :)
So pleased that they haven't allowed this beautiful village to be spoilt.....I feared they might some years ago when I saw a few biggish hotels going up.
Love the Algarve and the Portuguese (so much nicer and cleaner than the Spaniards imo). Anyone who hasn't visited this part of the world might give it up some serious consideration. ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012