Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reasons to be Cheerful  (Read 5740 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Reasons to be Cheerful
« Reply #30 on March 31, 2013, 10:18:17 pm by RobTheRover »
We went there 2 years ago,  and enjoyed it but found the locals rude and service in restaurants broadly rubbish.

Went to Kos last year,  and the Greek never let you down. A lovely nation. So much better than the surly Portuguese.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 31, 2013, 10:33:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yeh but they are all skint

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 31, 2013, 11:15:08 pm by RobTheRover »
lol.

The greek economy is based on proper money.  We found it really difficult to pay with card anywhere, but thats OK.  We just emptied the local cashpoint every other day.  I was like the EU and Cyprus.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 31, 2013, 11:27:32 pm by hoolahoop »
We went there 2 years ago,  and enjoyed it but found the locals rude and service in restaurants broadly rubbish.

Went to Kos last year,  and the Greek never let you down. A lovely nation. So much better than the surly Portuguese.

I'm really surprised at that . I have been with the family and with friends and have never found that to be the case. Was it Alvor you went to Rob or some where else on the Algarve ?
Must admit I like Greece too (especially Skiathos) but have found the Turks to be even friendlier.......strange isn't it ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 31, 2013, 11:29:22 pm by RedJ »

I'm really surprised at that . I have been with the family and with friends and have never found that to be the case. Was it Alvor you went to Rob or some where else on the Algarve ?
Must admit I like Greece too (especially Skiathos) but have found the Turks to be even friendlier.......strange isn't it ?

Aye, the Turks are very friendly.

Anyone is when they're trying to get you to buy their cheap shite or eat in their naff restaurant that's exactly the same as all the ones around it.

Would definitely go back though - developed a taste for the free apple tea they offer to get you in. :thumbsup:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 31, 2013, 11:42:32 pm by RobTheRover »
No, we stayed on the Eastern outskirts of Albufeira, the Luna Alpinus hotel.  The hotel was very nice, but the bar staff seemed like they had the worlds worst PMT, and that was just the blokes.

They did have a mad activities guy around the pool though, who spent his days thinking up games for the guests which might end up in death.  Underwater rugby was one of his.  The ball couldnt break the surface and you had to be fully underwater to travel forward.  Me and some French guy ended up having a right war for an hour.  He bought me a drink every night in the hotel bar after that.  Nice fella.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 01, 2013, 12:43:09 am by Filo »
No, we stayed on the Eastern outskirts of Albufeira, the Luna Alpinus hotel.  The hotel was very nice, but the bar staff seemed like they had the worlds worst PMT, and that was just the blokes.

They did have a mad activities guy around the pool though, who spent his days thinking up games for the guests which might end up in death.  Underwater rugby was one of his.  The ball couldnt break the surface and you had to be fully underwater to travel forward.  Me and some French guy ended up having a right war for an hour.  He bought me a drink every night in the hotel bar after that.  Nice fella.

Under water for an hour? Have you ever thought of taking up free diving Rob?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 01, 2013, 02:35:15 am by RobTheRover »
It felt like that at times, Filo.  I had scratches and bruises on my shoulders for the entire holiday.  The missus thought I'd gone for a tumble with that fit Swiss bird I'd clocked at breakfast.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012