Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:49:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln day  (Read 1717 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Lincoln day
« on March 30, 2013, 08:30:58 am by swain_drfc »
Who is going to to the races today then on a free saturday? :)

Any tips?  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: Lincoln day
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2013, 08:47:58 am by Al4475 »
Not me

But I know you mate - here's the basics - MAKE SURE YOUR ANIMAL IS A HORSE WITH FOUR FULLY WORKING LEGS!

LOL :lol:
Enjoy Swain!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2013, 08:48:59 am by MiKA »
Free!    :ohmy:

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2013, 09:42:30 am by mutleyrover »
Who is going to to the races today then on a free saturday? :)

Any tips?  :thumbsup:

I'm going.  Looking a nice day for it too!

My money will be on Captain Bertie in the Lincoln but looks like it may start as favourite so not sure how good odds will be.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2013, 09:45:33 am by swain_drfc »
haha cheers Alan. ill bare that in mind!

Captain Bertie looks a strong shout for the Lincoln but I think my money will be on Lahaag or Chapter Seven  :woohoo:

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 30, 2013, 09:48:51 am by bobbymax »
Chapter Seven has a lot in its favour in the Lincoln. Colonel Mak won the opener last year and has been aimed at the race again and Yojimbo has a good chance in the Spring Mile. You might also want to take a look at Captain Ramius later in the day but the best bet looks to be Canary Wharf in the 4.50.
Is that enough tips? I normally charge a fortune for information like that but you can have a freebie seeing as it's a day off.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 30, 2013, 09:57:25 am by Donnyjim »
[quote author=bobbymax link=topic=238455.msg323217#msg323217 date=1364636931
Chapter Seven has a lot in its favour in the Lincoln. Colonel Mak won the opener last year and has been aimed at the race again and Yojimbo has a good chance in the Spring Mile. You might also want to take a look at Captain Ramius later in the day but the best bet looks to be Canary Wharf in the 4.50.
Is that enough tips? I normally charge a fortune for information like that but you can have a freebie seeing as it's a day off.

Chapter 7, meets all of the criteria of previous lincoln winners.
[/quote]

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 30, 2013, 10:03:49 am by Donnyjim »
Chapter seven - lump on. Memory cloth may be a good outside bet e/w at 20~1, although he has a bad draw.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 30, 2013, 10:17:08 am by 1879Rovers »
I will probably do both of John Gosdens. Remember when I lived back in Donny and used to get some good tips for the Lincoln when I worked in the Park Hotel. Remember being given Cuvee Charlie when it won in the 80's @ 33/1.

I also remember coming home for a weekend a week before the Lincoln in the late 90's and being told to lump on Right Wing, trained by John Dunlop. Was told to back it then and not wait for the day. Got it at 12/1 and it romped home at 9/2.

I prefer flat racing but usually try and wait until May before betting too much.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 30, 2013, 10:27:11 am by mutleyrover »

Picked Yojimbo and Canary Wharf out earlier and will consider the others.  Thanks for tips, lets see what happens! Here's hoping for a successful day for all the Rovers racegoers.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2013, 10:32:42 am by MiKA »
If you fancy a punt, Captain Americo in the 14:05 at Haydock is being held back so at some point will romp home, go each way.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2013, 10:52:22 am by swain_drfc »

Yes Yojimbo is another I fancy today :) here's hoping we all have a positive day!!!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2013, 11:07:43 am by tommy toes »
I'm going today.
It looks impossible though. For what it's worth some of the ones I'll be backing are

King of Jazz and Jamaican Bolt 1.20
Patriotic  and Mr Spigott 1.55
Levitate and Chosen Character in the Lincoln
Zaplamation in the last.................Good luck all!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2013, 12:48:49 pm by donnievic »
Going for a couple of outsiders at donny and a place pot

Patriotic,Dubai hills 1.55

Jacks revenge 3.05

Ancient cross,jack dexter,spaceship,snow trooper in other races

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2013, 01:28:57 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Gone for Strictly Silver. 10/1

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2013, 01:31:55 pm by colin cramb »
Gladys Gal 10/1 each way

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2013, 07:40:58 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm going today.
It looks impossible though. For what it's worth some of the ones I'll be backing are

King of Jazz and Jamaican Bolt 1.20
Patriotic  and Mr Spigott 1.55
Levitate and Chosen Character in the Lincoln
Zaplamation in the last.................Good luck all!

Levitate, eh? I should have gone for a horse with the same name as an album by The Fall (albeit one of their worst efforts, IMO). My fancy, Global Village, came a close second so I could have won a few bob each way.

Have to say I like the idea of naming horses after Fall albums. "Grotesque after the Gramme" would catch out a few commentators.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012