Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:10:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It`s Time for us to show our metal!  (Read 3066 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
It`s Time for us to show our metal!
« on March 30, 2013, 12:06:54 pm by Filo »
None of this negative stuff any more! it`s time for us the fans to be the 12th man, make some noise and get the adrenalin flowing in the players, we can`t affect what happens on the pitch but we can sure as hell make the KM as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition and that means being as hostile and intimidating as we can, lets get the boys over the line and play our part in the final push!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:26:46 pm by Filo »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pintolager

• Forum Member
Re: It`s Time for us to show our metal!
« Reply #1 on March 30, 2013, 12:16:39 pm by Pintolager »
I agree 100% Filo, but the problem is that there will always be those negative fans spouting their stuff no matter how much any of us tell others to get behind the club/team, that is just their way!

I just hope we can bounce back from yesterday's loss at Coventry - which of course, we are more than capable of beating Swindon....the league title is still in our own hands

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 30, 2013, 12:17:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
Agree with what you say. But it is time for the team to win the next two home games and show the rest we are not relying on their results but setting the standard ourselves.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 30, 2013, 12:22:18 pm by Filo »
Agree with what you say. But it is time for the team to win the next two home games and show the rest we are not relying on their results but setting the standard ourselves.

And that`s the reason why it`s time for us to step up to the plate, if we do our bit it`s then down to the players to respond, even if we go behind we have to keep it up, it`s about how badly we want it as fans, don`t let any negative vibes transmit to the pitch!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 30, 2013, 12:45:26 pm by Muttley »
 ;)
....the league title is still in our own hands

Sheffield United are 4 points behind with 2 games in hand

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 30, 2013, 12:48:05 pm by RedJ »
;)

They f**ked up a much better position last season with a better team. They're well capable of bottling it (as are we for that matter but I don't think we will).

None of this negative stuff any more! it`s time for us the fans to be the 12th man, make sum noise and get the adrenalin flowing in the players, we can`t affect what happens on the pitch but were can sure as hell make the KM as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition and that means being as hostile and intimidating as we can, lets get the boys over the line and play our part in the final push!

Jones did say in an interview earlier in the season it did help them when they had good vocal support psychologically.

Unlikely but it'd be nice to get the Keepmoat rocking again.

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 30, 2013, 01:12:25 pm by uros-predic »
None of this negative stuff any more! it`s time for us the fans to be the 12th man, make sum noise and get the adrenalin flowing in the players, we can`t affect what happens on the pitch but were can sure as hell make the KM as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition and that means being as hostile and intimidating as we can, lets get the boys over the line and play our part in the final push!

Massive respect for that filo, inspirable words (is inspirable even a word? Haha) rovers till i die.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 30, 2013, 01:25:54 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Filo is right, next 3 games all at home, get behind the lads and see what we can do  :scarf:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 30, 2013, 03:24:41 pm by SkellowRover »
Completely agree with Filo, our support at home has been shocking most of the season and is a joke considering where we are in the league!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 30, 2013, 03:43:08 pm by The L J Monk »
Metal?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 30, 2013, 04:58:57 pm by BigH »
Post of the week for me Filo.

We need to win at least two of our home games. There's absolutely no point whatsoever in attending the Keepmoat with a negative attitude.

Even if you have your doubts, even if BF plays Harper, Sinclair, Wilson, Kyle and Woods (M) in the starting line up at the same time it doesn't matter. It's time to get behind whatever team gets put on the pitch. It's time to get behind every player and make them feel ten feet tall - or a bit more in Jones's case.

This is the most excitement we've known in 5 years. Game on.

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 30, 2013, 05:44:17 pm by walter the red »
Agree its time to make the keepmoat our fortress -why are we so jekyll and hyde at home ?
Is now the time to experiment with say Emile Sinclair at center -are we becoming stereotyped with two very similar forwards in Brown & Paynter ?
I think other teams have worked out how our forwards play and are able to nullify them -I know i will be shot down for mentioning this but what do you think ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2013, 05:46:50 pm by RedJ »
Agree its time to make the keepmoat our fortress -why are we so jekyll and hyde at home ?
Is now the time to experiment with say Emile Sinclair at center -are we becoming stereotyped with two very similar forwards in Brown & Paynter ?
I think other teams have worked out how our forwards play and are able to nullify them -I know i will be shot down for mentioning this but what do you think ?

I agree with what you say re the other strikers, but Sinclair has more than shown he just can't be arsed.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2013, 05:56:53 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Metal?

Aye we need to be as strong as Iron, quick as Silver and as fluid as Mercury  ;)

Teach you to medal (sic) with Filo's spelling - bring back Yaurs I say  :chair:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2013, 06:06:30 pm by Mr1Croft »
I agree, we are top of league one for the first time in over 25 years, you would expect the KMS to be a loud vocal place to come to. Lets do our part as fans for the final home games and leave the negativity away, if we dont go up from here then is the time to start questioning why flynn did so and so.

Lets ensure the sea of red and white make Swindons visit a very tough one!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2013, 06:54:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well will be looking to have  a few pre-match beers to help loosen my tonsils. Checked DROS but unable to see when the Bellve Vue bar will be opened. Any idea?

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2013, 07:05:21 pm by Pintolager »
;)

But I would rather be in our position than their's, that's for sure...

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2013, 07:19:31 pm by CusworthRovers »
The old chestnut boys.

Preaching on here to show some mettle is perhaps not the solution. I'd say 90% on here are 'true supporters'. Even if these guys/gals on here don't shout and sing, they probably 'talk it through', 'Discuss' and 'whince' and 'oooh and arrrh'  to themselves or their friends/family during the game. In light of things and some of our following, that is also a positive, as at least they aren't swearing, slagging off, moaning etc etc.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2013, 09:45:20 am by gillinghamrover »
Metal?
Mettle is the word, either that or we've all got to turn up flashing gold chains and sovereign rings?!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012