Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:13:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tomorrows Midfield...  (Read 1639 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Tomorrows Midfield...
« on March 31, 2013, 12:06:57 pm by GazLaz »
Copps-Furman-Lundy-Cotts

Also who played the ball for Copps disallowed goal? Was it Furman? Whoever it was it was a cracking pass.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Tomorrows Midfield...
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2013, 03:03:43 pm by RobTheRover »
I think thats a decent shout, Gaz.  I'm looking forward to see how the Furman/Lundstram CM pairing works out - a case to be made to build for next season around that?  A deal for Furman and a season long loan for Lundstram?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2013, 03:28:21 pm by keith79 »
Copps-Furman-Lundy-Cotts
i would put Bennet in play with 5 in midfield with 1 upfront

Also who played the ball for Copps disallowed goal? Was it Furman? Whoever it was it was a cracking pass.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2013, 03:32:46 pm by CusworthRovers »
Does anybody know what the score is with Syers, as he's good to start in my selections

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2013, 03:37:23 pm by DonnyRTID »
Flynn said he could be back in the squad next Saturday.  :rtid:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2013, 03:43:00 pm by CusworthRovers »
Great news. Wouldn't like to call the lone striker, but I can see Gazlaz's midfield and then utilising Syers engine to bolster midfield and the 1 attacker. We would dominate every team and as long as those midfielders support the attack, then we will win every game left. Those midfielders all look capable of supporting the attack to me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:46:34 pm by CusworthRovers »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2013, 05:01:11 pm by RedJ »
If Syers is back, got to use Syers. I'd be tempted to play him ahead of Lundstram as we're more likely to be seeing Syers and Furman start next season than Lundstram as he may not even be here. If we can win the battle in the midfield, we could very well beat Swindon.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2013, 05:20:18 pm by GazLaz »
Syers isn't fit. Lundy always fades out of games in the second half I think. He's a great player but at his age you can't be playing 90 mins 3 times a week.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2013, 05:29:22 pm by RedJ »
Still not fit? he said '2 weeks' about 4 weeks ago... Hope he's not one of them...

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2013, 05:41:21 pm by donnievic »
No he said he was hoping to be back about now

pubteam

« Reply #10 on March 31, 2013, 07:38:50 pm by pubteam »
I think Syers is a great asset to us. Straight in the team for me when he's fit. Not necessarily the greatest technician, but he doesn't half give defenders something to think about.

Anyway, if Syers is out, agree with the OP for the midfield. Copps/Furman/Lundstram/Cotterill.
Time to start playing Copps in what I think is his best position (on the right), Furman has to start as he has clear quality, and lets see if we can start getting the best out of Cotts again by giving him a different role.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2013, 08:26:20 pm by hoolahoop »
I think Syers is a great asset to us. Straight in the team for me when he's fit. Not necessarily the greatest technician, but he doesn't half give defenders something to think about.

Anyway, if Syers is out, agree with the OP for the midfield. Copps/Furman/Lundstram/Cotterill.
Time to start playing Copps in what I think is his best position (on the right), Furman has to start as he has clear quality, and lets see if we can start getting the best out of Cotts again by giving him a different role.

I agree, he's the nearest thing we have had recently to Paul Green in the last few years. He has so much to offer imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012