Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:44:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio Sheffield  (Read 2172 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Radio Sheffield
« on April 09, 2013, 12:39:09 pm by selby »
Cant help themselves stirring it for the Rovers asking our manager about his contract next season on their sports news this morning.
  The two managers at the Sheffield clubs are more likely to be out on their arses if they dont shape up but dont mention that while in a (ahem) promotion push HE HE and scraping along at the bottom of championship trying to avoid RELEGATION.
   They are so dismisive and intent on disruption at our club it must be like getting kicked between the legs every time we win.
    A fair and reasoned coverage my arse  .
    If our managment and board of directors could have had the millions of pounds they have wasted over the last ten years we would be challenging the Manchester clubs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dijit8

• Forum Member
Re: Radio Sheffield
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2013, 01:05:41 pm by dijit8 »
Flynn's contract runs out at the end of the month, Wilson and Jones are still under contract thats all.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2013, 02:28:58 pm by RedJ »
To be fair I'd rather they did ask that kind of question, as I'd like to know myself.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2013, 02:31:11 pm by RedArmy »
Must be the 3rd or 4th thread in last two weeks about Radio Sheffield, dont like it dont listen to it ffs.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2013, 02:38:10 pm by Rios »
Maybe that's the solution to the perceived lack of coverage we get... if it's all negative then people will stop whining about not being given seven hours of pre-match build up on Radio Sheffield, Football League Show, Donny Free Press, Hare and Hound, etc, etc.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2013, 02:42:21 pm by not on facebook »
Thats a good question is that

How many People do like to listen to radio sheff?

I know me nan nan did but she was from a more different generation

As for me not very often because Its very Sheffield
Club based

Saying that i understand why to suit the  its mass audience

If i know in addvance that say JR is on making his points i Will tune in to me wireless via me computor.

Then at times i wish someone at the Club had put gaffer tape Across JRs mouth

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2013, 03:50:26 pm by IDM »
To be fair I'd rather they did ask that kind of question, as I'd like to know myself.

I agree - fair to ask, seen as we're on the verge of promotion and the manager doesn't know his future.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2013, 03:55:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It is a fair thing to ask for sure, can't grumble at that, fans will want to know these kind of things.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2013, 04:00:04 pm by newyankee »

I also think that the reporter from Radio Dee Dah is more professional than the in house kid asking dumb questions, irrespective of the questions asked etc, you can at least listen and watch on player.

It was good to have Goodwin doing interviews, but now he is at the Star he does not appear to go to press conferences, or at least I do not hear his dulcet tones asking questions, and of course "poison pen" Steve Hossack has retired.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2013, 04:02:09 pm by newyankee »

By the way, what has happened to Peter Catt, he was often to be heard on player doing his Tom Mennard impression. I have not heard him for quite some time? Anyone have an answer?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2013, 04:07:12 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I am of a certain generation as well.... and proud of it. I agree in terms that I want the reporters to ask the questions WE, would want asking. If they ask silly questions like favourite colour, then we would switch off. I would imagine all reporters should ask probing questions to give a balanced interview.In balancing this out, I have never been a radio presenter.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2013, 04:13:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Surely that's a valid question about BF's contract? Do people actually think they asked that to deliberately undermine our promotion push? Christ on a bike. I don't know why some of our fans have this inferiority complex.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2013, 04:20:15 pm by Katesby »
Talking of Radio Sheffield, this is quite a interesting interview with Seth Bennett. Discusses John Ryan etc, also discloses who he supports (as if we didn't know).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6j99wgGgME

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2013, 04:51:28 pm by timdrfc »
Cant help themselves stirring it for the Rovers asking our manager about his contract next season on their sports news this morning.
  The two managers at the Sheffield clubs are more likely to be out on their arses if they dont shape up but dont mention that while in a (ahem) promotion push HE HE and scraping along at the bottom of championship trying to avoid RELEGATION.
   They are so dismisive and intent on disruption at our club it must be like getting kicked between the legs every time we win.
    A fair and reasoned coverage my arse  .
    If our managment and board of directors could have had the millions of pounds they have wasted over the last ten years we would be challenging the Manchester clubs.
Got to agree with you about Radio Sheffield who always seem to be looking at undermining us whilst favouring our 6 fingered cousins.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2013, 10:26:14 pm by BobG »
Really enjoyed that interview with Seth, Katesby. Thank you for the link. It's very helpful to  hear opinions from someone who almost a neutral. What's he doing now anyway?

Cheers

BobG

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2013, 10:34:43 pm by Katesby »
No probs. To be fair he comes across as a top bloke, genuinely wants all of the South Yorkshire teams to succeed. He's now gone to BBC worldwide other national sports commentary.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012