Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:08:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Support Yesterday  (Read 4819 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Support Yesterday
« on April 14, 2013, 10:11:50 am by MrFrost »
Best it has been for a long time. On par with Mansfield in 2004. Great day, and great scene's when both the goals went in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re: Support Yesterday
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2013, 10:25:05 am by VivaRovers »
Aside from the handful of morons determined to go on the pitch for no discernible reason I'd agree with you.

From the opposite side of the field it looked and sounded great, especially when Paynetr scored is second and haired off towards the railway end of the away stand, not only did all the players chase after him, but a huge section of the Rovers support went haring along the front of the stand too.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2013, 11:49:59 am by philsky »
Aside from the handful of morons determined to go on the pitch for no discernible reason I'd agree with you.

From the opposite side of the field it looked and sounded great, especially when Paynetr scored is second and haired off towards the railway end of the away stand, not only did all the players chase after him, but a huge section of the Rovers support went haring along the front of the stand too.

The similarity with Mansfield was all to see:

Vital away fixture
Great noise from fans
Go one down
One striker scores a brace

In fact Billy's goals must have been similar times to Greg's and they even look similar !

RTID

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2013, 12:07:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
And they're both scouse!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2013, 12:19:31 pm by adamtherover »
It makes it all the more strange when one numb nuts decided to shout "our support is fooking shite" ? , he was sat around h87, very bizarre..  what goes thru the minds of some folk..  on a day like yesterday all the fans came together as one.., dissent amidst ranks was really not needed..

Rtid

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2013, 12:42:20 pm by bigbadjack »
Any photos

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2013, 12:53:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
It makes it all the more strange when one numb nuts decided to shout "our support is fooking shite" ? , he was sat around h87, very bizarre..  what goes thru the minds of some folk..  on a day like yesterday all the fans came together as one.., dissent amidst ranks was really not needed..

Rtid

For want of repeating this again, a good proportion of our support are absolutely numbnuts. Proper retards who think "getting behind" the team means raining abuse down on individual players (Cotterill, Bennett etc) and generally doing nothing even remotely positive. Scum. Not welcome here. GO ELSEWHERE.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2013, 12:57:37 pm by IDM »

Rtid

I heard that, wondered if it was supposed to be sarcasm at the time, as the support was excellent throughout.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2013, 12:59:56 pm by adamtherover »
How do you attach pics?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2013, 01:04:00 pm by adamtherover »
Bizarre thing is that anyone who was in the royal hotel pre match will surely testify that it was 100% positive support for drfc..  the atmosphere was buzzing... :-)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2013, 01:06:14 pm by adamtherover »
How do you attach pics?

I'm on a tablet, not a PC..  does that complicate things?

pubteam

« Reply #11 on April 14, 2013, 01:58:19 pm by pubteam »
And they're both scouse!

And both number 8!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2013, 06:54:50 pm by MrFrost »
Whilst the support that was there was fantastic, I thought in numbers it was poor. Only 1100, considering our position.
Had a look at followings we used to take not so long ago - even when we weren't doing that well. I wonder what has changed.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2013, 07:11:57 pm by normal rules »
The "Last Orders" pub pre match was full of rovers too and a good atmosphere. Thought ejecting the two lads for the pitch incurrence was harsh given the circumstance but rules is rules.

Strange little stand though at Crewe. Everyone around me was singing and getting behind the team but with a long thin stand it was diff to create a proper full on noise.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2013, 07:12:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Whilst the support that was there was fantastic, I thought in numbers it was poor. Only 1100, considering our position.
Had a look at followings we used to take not so long ago - even when we weren't doing that well. I wonder what has changed.

Frosty there is a recession out there or hadn't you realised! In addition we have to slowly win back the missing 2-3,000 from last season's debacle.....some of whom would have attended away games.
Add to that the constant talking down of certain players, our support and the team as a whole and it discourages some.
There's nowt wrong with our support apart from odd knobs. Man for man we're as good as anyone on our day oh and if things are going our way.;)

What I'm really concerned about is how many are going to be there to support the lads against the Scabs.  :rtid:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:14:59 pm by hoolahoop »

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2013, 07:20:16 pm by The L J Monk »
The similarity with Mansfield was all to see:

Vital away fixture
Great noise from fans
Go one down
One striker scores a brace

In fact Billy's goals must have been similar times to Greg's and they even look similar !

RTID

Come on then, who had today at 11:50?

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=238804.msg328096#msg328096

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2013, 07:20:25 pm by MrFrost »

Frosty there is a recession out there or hadn't you realised! In addition we have to slowly win back the missing 2-3,000 from last season's debacle.....some of whom would have attended away games.
Add to that the constant talking down of certain players, our support and the team as a whole and it discourages some.
There's nowt wrong with our support apart from odd knobs. Man for man we're as good as anyone on our day oh and if things are going our way.;)

What I'm really concerned about is how many are going to be there to support the lads against the Scabs.  :rtid:

I'm not having a go. Just create debate as to the reasons behind our away support numbers being significantly lower than what they were say 7 or 8 years ago.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2013, 07:25:40 pm by hoolahoop »
I know that and I'm trying to explain why it's happening but it will change.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2013, 07:59:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's all about money simple as that.  My family would have loved to have gone yesterday but it's just too much to go to too many. For many it's Brentford or Crewe, Brentford wins. It's ok for me as a 25 year old lodging with family but for others it's a pain and even I cut back this year (saving for a house).

CoventryRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2013, 08:13:56 pm by CoventryRed »
Aye, it was money for me. Coming up from Coventry to each home game costs me about £40 a time (and that's not counting my ST cost). Having had three home games this month already, plus another to come that's £160 already. Add on my trip to Scunny the other week (~£70) and the £50+ it'll cost for Brentford then that's an expensive month or so. Something had to give and for me it was the £50+ for Crewe.

While I know others don't typically have to cough up as much, it's still a stretch to pay out for 7 or 8 games in around 5 weeks.

I think people are just having to be more choosy about which games they attend. We probably still get a similar number of individuals attending home/away throughout a season, just less frequently.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2013, 08:38:24 pm by IDM »
1100+ at Crewe was a great attendance from us, and made a great atmosphere.

I am sick to death of the threads on attendances.  They are what they are, get over it.  More folks will come if they can afford it and if the entertainment is better.  Couldn't fault the entertainment on saturday!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2013, 08:55:00 pm by StocktonRover »
I wonder if the Wigan fans are celebrating the fact that they have qualified for the FA Cup final and secured a European berth - or are they more likely to bemoaning the fact they returned 10k tickets for the semi.

Its the team that win games - not the fans.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2013, 08:57:08 pm by IDM »
Stockton, you can bet your hat they are celebrating reaching the final - the final is the event, so they'll easily sell out their allocation.

BanksyDRFC

• Forum Member

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2013, 10:43:49 pm by German Rover »
1100+ at Crewe was a great attendance from us, and made a great atmosphere.

I am sick to death of the threads on attendances.  They are what they are, get over it.  More folks will come if they can afford it and if the entertainment is better.  Couldn't fault the entertainment on saturday!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gets right on my tits as well

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2013, 11:21:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ice Cream Van Stand :lol:

RoversGirl1991

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2013, 12:44:59 am by RoversGirl1991 »

This amused me somewhat :)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 15, 2013, 04:37:18 pm by normal rules »
Glasvegas have a nice song called ice cream van - random i know>

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2013, 04:44:47 pm by IDM »

Who was sat in seat #99 then? ;)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2013, 05:47:43 pm by Ldr »
Aye, it was money for me. Coming up from Coventry to each home game costs me about £40 a time (and that's not counting my ST cost). Having had three home games this month already, plus another to come that's £160 already. Add on my trip to Scunny the other week (~£70) and the £50+ it'll cost for Brentford then that's an expensive month or so. Something had to give and for me it was the £50+ for Crewe.

While I know others don't typically have to cough up as much, it's still a stretch to pay out for 7 or 8 games in around 5 weeks.

I think people are just having to be more choosy about which games they attend. We probably still get a similar number of individuals attending home/away throughout a season, just less frequently.

Same scenario for me. Missed the Carlisle game despite having an ST, cant say Im gutted though :-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012