Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:59:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford Ticket Wanted  (Read 6725 times)

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
Brentford Ticket Wanted
« on April 15, 2013, 09:19:34 am by hamiltonrover »
If anyone has a spare please pm me. Although I am an Alliance member and i coud have got a ticket last week I had agreed with the mrs I would give it a miss as it would cost me a small fortune (I live in Scotland) however she turned round yesterday and said if you want to go, that's fine. D'oh :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Brentford Ticket Wanted
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2013, 09:34:42 am by Norfolk N Chance »
how much you willing to pay?

few hundred?

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2013, 09:36:06 am by hamiltonrover »
I will pay above the odds if required !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2013, 09:40:30 am by silent majority »
Let me remind you all this site does not encourage touting of tickets in any shape or form.

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2013, 09:45:47 am by hamiltonrover »
Apologies, wasnt intending to make a touting session, but if anyone does have 1 that is not going to be used please let me know. Cheers

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2013, 09:59:22 am by Norfolk N Chance »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2013, 10:08:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And also illegal hence we cannot allow it on the forum.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2013, 10:33:14 am by Filo »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

This is a warning to you and others, anyone encouraging touting may have thier account suspended!

pubteam

« Reply #8 on April 15, 2013, 10:56:55 am by pubteam »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

So you would be happy with yourself if you charged a fellow Rovers fan, say, £300 for a ticket you paid under £20 for?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2013, 11:00:33 am by Colin C No.3 »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

This is a warning to you and others, anyone encouraging touting may have thier account suspended!
"May"? What an utterly toothless 'threat'. The pillocks already made two references to encourage/support touting in the same thread! What are we playing now, "3 strikes & you 'might' be out"!

I got 'burned' by 'moderators' for far less. My first post since November as a result.

You get the posters you derserve. Enjoy.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2013, 11:50:03 am by Norfolk N Chance »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

So you would be happy with yourself if you charged a fellow Rovers fan, say, £300 for a ticket you paid under £20 for?

Just having a bit of fun.

Actually I may have a ticket which I would be selling for £19!

Awaiting my mate coming back to me.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2013, 11:57:27 am by Donnyjim »
Let me remind you all this site does not encourage touting of tickets in any shape or form.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Big Brother strikes again!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2013, 12:10:20 pm by Filo »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

"May"? What an utterly toothless 'threat'. The pillocks already made two references to encourage/support touting in the same thread! What are we playing now, "3 strikes & you 'might' be out"!

I got 'burned' by 'moderators' for far less. My first post since November as a result.

You get the posters you derserve. Enjoy.

Wind your neck in!

I'm at work so "may" miss some one touting, as the other mods "may" miss them too!

MartinB

« Reply #13 on April 15, 2013, 12:14:11 pm by MartinB »
Relax all...I think Norfolk was having a joke...SM was just reminding everyone about the rules and obviously wouldn't want to see a fellow Rover being ripped off.

We are top of the league have 2 games left...lets be happy!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2013, 12:14:30 pm by IDM »

Ahhhhhhhhhh Big Brother strikes again!

Jim, the VSC is a major supporters' organisation with formal links to the football club.  Touting is illegal, so the VSC - this forum included, cannot be seen to tolerate such. 

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2013, 12:18:40 pm by VivaRovers »
supply and damand .....

Called enterprise !

Just having a bit of fun.

Actually I may have a ticket which I would be selling for £19!

Awaiting my mate coming back to me.

I'd imagine the supply and damand (sic) to be your mate would be lower than that for people wanting to purchase a Brentford ticket.

Note to Mods, there'll probably be a few of these types of threads appearing in the next few days, so might be worth putting a sticky Spare Brentford Tickets thread at the top of the forum for any folk who are looking for one, or for those who find they have more than they can use and are willing to pass on at face value.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 15, 2013, 12:20:58 pm by IDM »
Viva, I am sure that not so long ago, SM explained on here that even passing on tickets at face value is illegal, so commendable as your suggestion is, I doubt it would be permitted here.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 15, 2013, 12:44:33 pm by VivaRovers »
Is it really? Didn't realise that was the case.

Just a sticky giving people details of the 'returns list' they appear to have at the club then - ie. how to return tickets, or how to get on said list in that case then.

I was looking more for a solution to the issue of having 7 threads serving the same purpose to be honest, rather than the ticket sell-ons point.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 15, 2013, 12:46:51 pm by IDM »
I wasn't aware of the details of an returns policy, so I agree Viva, it would help if this can be put on here.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 15, 2013, 12:46:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Thats correct, IDM.  Whilst the law is an ass, its still the law.

Can all poster please NOT put up tickets for sale if you have spares.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 15, 2013, 12:51:37 pm by Nudga »
I've just bought tickets for the Notts Co game for me and my mate. What happens if the Fuzz see me handing over his ticket and him squaring me up.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 15, 2013, 12:57:20 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
I've just bought tickets for the Notts Co game for me and my mate. What happens if the Fuzz see me handing over his ticket and him squaring me up.

Word on the street is that John Thaw and Dennis Waterman already have their eye on you Nudga.....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2013, 12:57:49 pm by IDM »
I brought this up after SM raised the legal issues the other week.  This is a situation many of us are in, with friends and/or family.

I guess there is a difference between buying a ticket on behalf of a friend/family member, and actively "selling" to anyone/strangers.  Not perhaps in the law itself, more in how it is applied? 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2013, 01:10:23 pm by silent majority »
Resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

The key word is dispose, which also effectively rules out giving them away or even selling at face value. The fines and punishment can be quite exorbitant such as;

newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts, nor websites such as this one;
    touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
    section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.

If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 15, 2013, 01:21:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Its time football supporters stopped being treated like 2nd class citizens by draconian laws. 

The last time I looked, football was entertainment.  I've got 4 tickets to Frank Turner in Leeds on Friday and there is nothing to stop me selling those on ebay/seatwave/viagogo.  Mention football and you can get a criminal record.

Sledgehammer to crack a nut.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 15, 2013, 01:26:30 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Its time football supporters stopped being treated like 2nd class citizens by draconian laws. 

The last time I looked, football was entertainment.  I've got 4 tickets to Frank Turner in Leeds on Friday and there is nothing to stop me selling those on ebay/seatwave/viagogo.  Mention football and you can get a criminal record.

Sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Last week one of our staff was about to buy tickets for Depeche Mode on viagogo (at a vastly inflated price) when I told her to go through the normal (Live Nation/Ticketmaster) channel.

Because viagogo pay Google more to get their site to the top, then unsuspecting punters would just assume viagogo are selling direct tickets.....

I'm sure John (Oslo) has mentioned this before, but touts who stand outside in the pouring rain (albeit still illegally) deserve a bit more respect than the likes of viagogo or ebay people (as reselling internet tickets is bang out of order).

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 15, 2013, 01:28:41 pm by IDM »
SM,

How does that law apply when one individual buys the match tickets for, then settles up with family/friends when they meet at the fixture?

My dad bought and collected my Crewe away ticket, and gave it to me at the Carlisle game.

Thousands of supporters across the country must be buying tickets by proxy every weekend.  Is that illegal?  Do the touting laws specify any differences?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 15, 2013, 01:37:23 pm by RobTheRover »
Its still illegal, IDM.  Its a ridiculous situation.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2013, 01:39:00 pm by Nudga »
So I could be lifted in front of my kids when I meet my mate outside the KM and I give him his ticket (question mark  :lol: )

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2013, 01:41:03 pm by IDM »
Its still illegal, IDM.  Its a ridiculous situation.

If that is the case, why do clubs allow fans to buy multiple tickets, rather than one each?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012