Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:30:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford Ticket Wanted  (Read 6723 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Brentford Ticket Wanted
« Reply #30 on April 15, 2013, 01:42:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Thats a question I cant answer, Nudga.  Maybe the clubs think its as stupid a law as we do?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

« Reply #31 on April 15, 2013, 03:41:54 pm by pubteam »
Where is the line drawn?

If I go and buy a ticket for me and a mate, and waive the money thereby letting him have the ticket free of charge, is that a criminal offence? I have to hand it over to him at some point in order for him to get in the ground.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 15, 2013, 03:53:27 pm by normal rules »
Any Rovers fan, or anyone for that matter found to have made money out of a fellow fan for this game needs naming and shaming.

No excuse. i know it goes on for concert tickets, in fact some make a business out of it, but fellow supporters at a relatively small club like ours is inexcuseable.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 15, 2013, 03:57:55 pm by mushRTID »
Can't believe how this threads gone. A blind man could have seen Norfolk was joking.

Chill out chaps, were top of the league.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 15, 2013, 04:53:17 pm by Herman Hessian »
how about those with spare tickets offering a tin of beans for sale at £19.00 (or whatever) and giving a free ticket away with the purchase as a promotional item ?

think outside the box, people !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 15, 2013, 04:59:41 pm by IDM »
That is illegal too Herman, they amended the law to prevent precisely that.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 15, 2013, 05:24:53 pm by Muttley »

What if it was a tin of soup?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 15, 2013, 05:49:21 pm by Superspy »
All of this, and somebody still thought it was appropriate to stop me outside the ticket office as I was making my way into the Tranmere game asking me to buy him a Brentford ticket with my ST. Obviously I didn't do it, although he seemed less than impressed when I told him it wasn't worth the risk. As it happens I've decided to go to Brentford anyway, couldn't bring myself to miss it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 15, 2013, 06:20:40 pm by RobTheRover »

What if it was a tin of soup?

I think that would be fine.  Beans though, thats illegal.

;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 15, 2013, 06:27:43 pm by Filo »
how about those with spare tickets offering a tin of beans for sale at £19.00 (or whatever) and giving a free ticket away with the purchase as a promotional item ?

think outside the box, people !

£19 for a tin of soup!!!!

:)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 15, 2013, 07:18:02 pm by normal rules »
shouldnt this thread be entitled brentford tickets wanted, emphasis on the plural. about 500-1000 should do! :scarf:

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 15, 2013, 07:30:42 pm by Al4475 »
It's a bit of an eye-opener this thread to be fair - even if Nudga was only joking in the offing! It's a very grey area to say the least!

The other week (Swindon game) I couldn't utilise my Alliance freebie tickets so gave them to a poster on here who wanted two spare, said poster then chucked me a tenner for the two of em as a goodwill gesture which he needn't have done and I didn't ask for, fans doing each other a favour that's all both of us I'm sure saw it as!

For me it was a case of I can't use these and a fellow Rover can - he may as well have em and get a couple more bums on seats.

Bonkers to think having read this thread that either one or both of us broke the law!
Barmy!

I hate to think of the trouble I could've got into at Wembley when I sold 10 tickets I'd bought for my family and I at face value to kids at my (then) school as I was invited after purchasing the initial tickets to be a guest of the FA for that game!

Crazy!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 15, 2013, 07:36:29 pm by normal rules »
I have seen a number of times local lads approach persons waiting in que at km and offer tickets., In fact at the Carlisle match i qued up for Crewe tickets and a bloke was offering two free tickets for the east stand. He had paid for the tickets in full, didnt need them and was offering them for free.  Is he in the wrong?  Have seen others doling out voucher m freebies to persons in the ticket office que. Is this wrong?
Anyone who has ever bought more than one ticket for a game - are they wrong, of course not!

Ticket wise, rules aside, the only thing that grinds me is tickets being sold at above face value.

Everything else is fair game as far as i am concerned.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 15, 2013, 07:55:40 pm by wilts rover »
I am surprised no one has picked up on this:

In the United Kingdom resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorized by the organiser of the match. Secondary ticketing market StubHub have signed partnership agreements with Sunderland and Everton for 2012/13 season, whilst competitor viagogo hold partnerships with Chelsea and other clubs.

So the question about buying tickets for your mates at Rovers is legal under this clause if the club have authorised more than one ticket per person. If they were to stipulate, one ticket per person, then it would be illegal to resale those.

Hope this helps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_resale

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 15, 2013, 10:44:45 pm by bobjimwilly »
didn't know that. you learn somet new every day

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 15, 2013, 11:28:24 pm by hoolahoop »
Can't believe how this threads gone. A blind man could have seen Norfolk was joking.

You and me both , some on here need to get off their high horses. This thread is bloody ridiculous and totally unnecessary...... it was obvious that no-one was openly touting and the laws are bloody ridiculous.
It's like having the 'thought police' on here of late.  :mad:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 16, 2013, 12:29:04 am by silent majority »

In the United Kingdom resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorized by the organiser of the match. Secondary ticketing market StubHub have signed partnership agreements with Sunderland and Everton for 2012/13 season, whilst competitor viagogo hold partnerships with Chelsea and other clubs.

So the question about buying tickets for your mates at Rovers is legal under this clause if the club have authorised more than one ticket per person. If they were to stipulate, one ticket per person, then it would be illegal to resale those.

Hope this helps

That's not quite the right interpretation Wilts.

To be able to resell tickets you need a licence, and Viagogo, Stubhub etc have the necessary, we as individuals don't possess that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 16, 2013, 07:16:55 am by Filo »

You and me both , some on here need to get off their high horses. This thread is bloody ridiculous and totally unnecessary...... it was obvious that no-one was openly touting and the laws are bloody ridiculous.
It's like having the 'thought police' on here of late.  :mad:

Joking or not, the admin has a responsibility to try and ensure nothing illegal takes place within the confines of this website, i don`t fancy being taken to court again over the actions of some one else `s irresponsibility, so a general pre emptive warning is not getting on our high horses, unlike yourself who appears to jump on anything that you can to have a pop at the admin on here! 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 16, 2013, 08:11:20 am by IDM »

Hope this helps

That's not quite the right interpretation Wilts.

To be able to resell tickets you need a licence, and Viagogo, Stubhub etc have the necessary, we as individuals don't possess that.

SM, so by your interpretation ANYONE who buys tickets on behalf of friends/family members and then passes them on to each user, irrespective of taking any money, is breaking the law?

If that is the case, why can we buy more than one ticket at a time?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 16, 2013, 09:44:24 am by silent majority »
IDM,

It's not my interpretation, I'm  just telling you what the law says.

The reselling or disposing of tickets needs a licence. DRFC have a licence and they sell them to you as the primary recipient of those tickets, if you are buying for others then they are part of that primary use. (note, there's always a maximum of 4 tickets at major games and in most cases they have to be named individuals)

However if you then resell those tickets to others, or dispose of them to others then you have broken the law. However whether anybody would arrest you or prosecute you is another thing altogether. Most would ignore or disregard the offence but we still get several of these types of cases to deal with in the FSF office every year.

By the way, expect to see a few prosecutions following the Wigan v Millwall semi final that was played last weekend. I guarantee the authorities will be following the paper trail of those tickets obtained by some Millwall supporters.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:22:05 am by silent majority »

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 16, 2013, 10:01:55 am by Herman Hessian »
Its still illegal, IDM.  Its a ridiculous situation.

If that is the case, why do clubs allow fans to buy multiple tickets, rather than one each?

good point - the clubs must be aiding and abetting the heinous crime by making such tickets available, in the full knowledge that they are going to be "disposed of" to folk other than those who have paid them directly

this must have been the single biggest contribution to ticket touting over the years, other than the abuse of "freebies"given out for corporate packages being re-sold

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 16, 2013, 12:26:57 pm by IDM »
IDM,

The reselling or disposing of tickets needs a licence. DRFC have a licence and they sell them to you as the primary recipient of those tickets, if you are buying for others then they are part of that primary use. (note, there's always a maximum of 4 tickets at major games and in most cases they have to be named individuals)

However if you then resell those tickets to others, or dispose of them to others then you have broken the law. However whether anybody would arrest you or prosecute you is another thing altogether. Most would ignore or disregard the offence but we still get several of these types of cases to deal with in the FSF office every year.

By the way, expect to see a few prosecutions following the Wigan v Millwall semi final that was played last weekend. I guarantee the authorities will be following the paper trail of those tickets obtained by some Millwall supporters.

Thanks SM, I never imagined anyone would be prosecuted for getting tickets as a proxy for friends and family, it just seems daft that there isn't a clause defining that.

I suppose a way round the proxy purchases would be for the names of the end recipients to be printed on each ticket - so if I buy for me and my dad I quote both names over the phone?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 16, 2013, 01:06:23 pm by silent majority »
IDM,

Thanks SM, I never imagined anyone would be prosecuted for getting tickets as a proxy for friends and family, it just seems daft that there isn't a clause defining that.

I suppose a way round the proxy purchases would be for the names of the end recipients to be printed on each ticket - so if I buy for me and my dad I quote both names over the phone?

That's how it's done for major internationals, World Cups and European competitions always limit the purchase to 4 tickets bought together, plus they have to be members (usually) and provide passport details. Names are then printed on the tickets and are not transferable at all. Again there are ways round it, and the biggest touts in the world are FIFA officials, but our FA strictly control the distribution of England tickets.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012