Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:41:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FAO TRACEY OR SHAUN LOCKWOOD  (Read 10617 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: FAO TRACEY OR SHAUN LOCKWOOD
« Reply #60 on April 15, 2013, 02:04:46 pm by silent majority »
But we already have the Away Rover scheme. For a fee (it might be £50 for 2 seasons) you can join the sale at the same time as the Alliance I think.

I need to check the details of that, (I can't find it) but that has to be the way forward for people who don't have ST's but will attend a lot of away games.

As I said I'll put it on my list to discuss with the club and we can put a scheme in place that attempts to balance the equation for some.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 15, 2013, 02:11:21 pm by Surrey Rover »
It's £50 for one season otherwise I'm due a refund!!

Anyway should this happen:

Sheff U 2 Brentford 1

Bournemouth 1 Carlisle 1
Doncaster 1 Notts County 0
Portsmouth 1 Sheff U 1

The Brentford match becomes a non event....

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 15, 2013, 02:30:23 pm by RobTheRover »
So, as Jenny alludes to, should exiles get more or less loyalty than regulars?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 15, 2013, 02:31:55 pm by IDM »

No, they should be given an equal opportunity to gain priority, either by joining the alliance or the away rover scheme, if a ST isn't practical.

MartinB

« Reply #64 on April 15, 2013, 02:34:37 pm by MartinB »
So this boils down to someone wanting a ticket but it was sold out. The end.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 15, 2013, 02:36:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »

No, they should be given an equal opportunity to gain priority, either by joining the alliance or the away rover scheme, if a ST isn't practical.

So they have equal opportunity if they want to take one of the available  options up 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 15, 2013, 02:38:41 pm by IDM »
So this boils down to someone wanting a ticket but it was sold out. The end.

No, it boils down to the online system advertising general sales availability for 9 am today, that was subsequently not available, at 9 am today.

The thread evolved into a debate on away ticket availability, ticket priorities, exiles etc, but the main point was about the online system being unavailable, to purchasers, at the same time as the phones and TO was open to callers for whatever tickets were remaining.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 15, 2013, 02:39:36 pm by RobTheRover »
So, nothing more to do then?  The opportunity to join the Alliance scheme is there for all fans.  The Away Rover scheme is only open to STHs, and I suspect take up is very low, if any at all.  A multigame ticket also carries a priority, and this could be good for exiles who only can make 5 -10 home games a season.

The club has to reward the regulars, and in the absence of a proper loyalty scheme, I would say the ones who can rock up and queue at 8am on a monday morning are likely to be the ones there at 3pm on a saturday.

Just as an aside, Shaun L told me a week or so ago that the club are looking at replacing some of the SMC software they inherited, hopefully as soon as this closed season.  Hopefully this will lead to better integration between ticketing and online and go some way toward tracking supporter loyalty for future situations like this.

Anyone remember the York game in 2004....?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 15, 2013, 02:51:03 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
If id have known the situation (ie. the advertised on sale time/date not being available) i would have joined the Alliance.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 15, 2013, 02:51:25 pm by Jersey Rover »
Loyalty??? What do we call Loyalty? If a mad rovers fan lives next door to the Keepmoat Stadium but carn't afford to go to the rovers every week but can only afford by scrimping and scraping to go say 4 times a year, does that make him a less loyal fan than somebody who is privaleged enough to afford to go every week, not in my eyes it doesn't. It's got nothing to do with loyalty its to do with practicality. Forget the tag excile for one moment and replace it with the what ever word you fancy, "infrequent" as long as at the start of the season no matter where you live there is the opportunity once ST holders have had their time to buy their tickets, to acquire them if the have bought in at a reasonable price at the start of the season. I see the arguments for the Alliance or Multi game tickets which is fine if you a regular attendee but not everyone can afford the costs incured for say 5 games a year or as a family of  four, £200 per year to be an alliance member on top the costs of attending perhaps one or two games per year. Maybe the club should look at lauching a Loyalty Card which for a nominal fee "ALL" who pay at the start of the season get the chance to acquire tickets before general sale
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:54:10 pm by Jersey Rover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 15, 2013, 03:08:30 pm by IDM »
So, nothing more to do then?

I can only speak for myself Rob.  I don't live close enough to come to buy tickets at the TO in person.  I don't have a ST for a few reasons, but will probably get a multi-game booklet next season.  I go to away games a few times each season but I accept that unless I have a ST book, or join the Alliance, then I have no priority.

Perhaps there could be some priority for VSC members?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 15, 2013, 03:15:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
Dear Belle Vue Ghost

Yes i advised they would be online this morning from 9am, we had 120 tickets left for sale as of Friday, 50 were allocated for online sales (these were purchased by STH's, and Alliance members prior to 9am), therefore there was no point in releasing the online sales facility to general sale as they had all gone by 9am.

The other 70 were used for the queue outside this morning and telephone calls received.  Several customers were turned away at the end of the queue at 9am due to tickets selling out likewise on the phones.

thanks again for your swift response Tracy.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 15, 2013, 03:23:51 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I actually think that we have some decent schemes going.  The ST obviously being the top one followed by multi game, alliance and away rover.

Shamefully for me I'm not a member of any of the above.  All being well I'll be a multi ticket holder next season and I wont have the issue I have had today. 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 15, 2013, 03:26:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Loyalty??? What do we call Loyalty? If a mad rovers fan lives next door to the Keepmoat Stadium but carn't afford to go to the rovers every week but can only afford by scrimping and scraping to go say 4 times a year, does that make him a less loyal fan than somebody who is privaleged enough to afford to go every week, not in my eyes it doesn't. It's got nothing to do with loyalty its to do with practicality. Forget the tag excile for one moment and replace it with the what ever word you fancy, "infrequent" as long as at the start of the season no matter where you live there is the opportunity once ST holders have had their time to buy their tickets, to acquire them if the have bought in at a reasonable price at the start of the season. I see the arguments for the Alliance or Multi game tickets which is fine if you a regular attendee but not everyone can afford the costs incured for say 5 games a year or as a family of  four, £200 per year to be an alliance member on top the costs of attending perhaps one or two games per year. Maybe the club should look at lauching a Loyalty Card which for a nominal fee "ALL" who pay at the start of the season get the chance to acquire tickets before general sale

Just to be pedantic Alliance membership is £2.25 per week    2.25 x 52 = £117.00

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 15, 2013, 03:38:02 pm by Jersey Rover »
Is that per person dagenham or for  a family of four, not sure how it works to be honest

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 15, 2013, 04:47:33 pm by Dagenham Rover »
per person, I don't think there is a family membership, although that is a good idea and perhaps needs adding to SM's list of things to take up with the club

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 15, 2013, 05:59:42 pm by normal rules »
i can imagine how this thread would have gone had online sales been up to speed at 9-00am.

" i lined up outside the t/o from 5 this morning to be told that all remaining tickets were sold online at 9-05" :lol:

for what its worth i do sympathise.

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 15, 2013, 06:02:32 pm by Mr Brightside »
per person, I don't think there is a family membership, although that is a good idea and perhaps needs adding to SM's list of things to take up with the club

It's an idea I raised in the IRWT questionnaire thingy.

The benefit of advance ticket sales for alliance members becomes defunct if you want to take your kids as they can't join the alliance (not old enough to gamble).

I suggested maybe the same advanced ticket privilege should be offered to Junior Rovers members, anyone any other ideas?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 15, 2013, 06:14:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Or each Alliance member is allowed one adult ticket plus 1 child ticket prior to general sale.  If you need 2 child tickets, get the missus to join the Alliance too.

All this talk of the Alliance makes me want to shout "Red 5 standing by!"

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 17, 2013, 03:22:33 pm by DonnyRTID »
Jersey Rover,

I don't mind, I can add it to my list.

Apart from Scunthorpe can anybody tell me when was the last time we had fans who missed out on tickets?

I missed out on the Wolves game and i'm a season ticket holder who goes to the majority of away games. I sent an e-mail to both clubs venting my disappointment but got no reply. I believe i would have got a ticket had we a loyalty scheme.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 17, 2013, 03:25:24 pm by Filo »
Jersey Rover,

I don't mind, I can add it to my list.

Apart from Scunthorpe can anybody tell me when was the last time we had fans who missed out on tickets?

Farnborough Conference cup final at BV, many were locked out before the game

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 17, 2013, 03:40:45 pm by RobTheRover »
I think that's because we didn't really do tickets in those days. Aside from STHs everyone else paid on the turnstile.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012