Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:15:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: humble request - re: tickets  (Read 5088 times)

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
humble request - re: tickets
« on April 15, 2013, 11:29:46 am by ReadingViking »
If you find yourself with spare tickets for the Brentford match could you please return them to the ticket office - as there is a 'returns' list. 
Desperate for 2 tickets  (1 adult and 1 child - but will pay for 2 adult) 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: humble request - re: tickets
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2013, 11:40:57 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2013, 12:37:35 pm by Muttley »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

You can either phone up or you can do it online  ;)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2013, 01:55:13 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

No one will get on that then haha :)

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2013, 09:04:45 pm by ReadingViking »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

I take it you were being sarcastic here - bearing in mind you has already phoned the club to get on the list!!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2013, 09:31:32 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

I take it you were being sarcastic here - bearing in mind you has already phoned the club to get on the list!!

You obviously didn't complain loud enough RV....
Hope you end up getting a ticket.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2013, 09:35:47 pm by Filo »
Theres a returns list?

How do you get on it?

brilliant, made me chuckle that did :)

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2013, 12:18:05 pm by ReadingViking »
Was told yesterday there were 8 people ahead of me on the returns list for Brentford tickets - Belle Vue Ghost got his two yesterday (the power of throwing your toys out of the pram obviously) - phoned today just to say I'd take two adult tickets as opposed to 1 adult and 1 child to be told there were 9 ahead of me.  :headbang: :crying: :suicide:

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2013, 02:09:57 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Was told yesterday there were 8 people ahead of me on the returns list for Brentford tickets - Belle Vue Ghost got his two yesterday (the power of throwing your toys out of the pram obviously) - phoned today just to say I'd take two adult tickets as opposed to 1 adult and 1 child to be told there were 9 ahead of me.  :headbang: :crying: :suicide:

Yes Reading Viking, I got tickets because I threw my toys out the pram obviously.

I can only see one person on here doing that and it isnt me

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2013, 03:39:03 pm by ReadingViking »
Just looks a bit suss - when you are asking how to get on the returns list after I posted about it - having already phoned the ticket office and lowand behold you get a phone call. As for the string of posts from you yesterday when things weren't going your way - now that is officially 'toys out of pram, the play pen and the playground'
Nowt mardy about my post - just a. expressing my disappointment with the system and b. trying to keep the thread near the top of the page to remind people who may have a spare ticket about my original request.  Thanks also for doing that!  :clapping:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2013, 04:01:01 pm by Filo »
Just looks a bit suss - when you are asking how to get on the returns list after I posted about it - having already phoned the ticket office and lowand behold you get a phone call. As for the string of posts from you yesterday when things weren't going your way - now that is officially 'toys out of pram, the play pen and the playground'
Nowt mardy about my post - just a. expressing my disappointment with the system and b. trying to keep the thread near the top of the page to remind people who may have a spare ticket about my original request.  Thanks also for doing that!  :clapping:

That`s how I see it, and I suspect many others see it in the same light

This was BVG yesterday

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2013, 04:06:02 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I can understand your disappointment as I felt the same yesterday. Just because I asked questions about the system doesn't mean it was 'toys out the pram' how you put it.

Your inquest into how I have acquired a ticket and you haven't is starting to feel a bit personal to be honest. It has a bit of a 'where were you on this date and time' feel about it. I haven't affected your position on the waiting list or anyone else's and I can't effect what the ticket office staff do no matter how much you think I can.

I was added to the waiting list, I was fortunate enough to get a call. I dont know if i was 1st, 2nd, 5th or 100th. FULL STOP.

I sincerely hope you get as much luck as I did and would appreciate it if you would close your inquest against me.

Thankyou

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2013, 04:08:12 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

That`s how I see it, and I suspect many others see it in the same light

This was BVG yesterday

To be honest Filo I don't expect much more from you. Personal and sarcastic just seems to be how you are. Thankfully other moderators on this board don't have the same attitude as you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2013, 04:22:10 pm by Filo »
BVG if being honest and illustrating how came across yesterday is being personal and sarcastic, then I`m guilty as charged!

being a Mod does n`t get in the way of me saying things as I see them, and it should n`t get in the way either, neither should you go with the old chestnut "a mod should know better" line, when I post something you don`t like

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2013, 04:27:41 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
BVG if being honest and illustrating how came across yesterday is being personal and sarcastic, then I`m guilty as charged!

being a Mod does n`t get in the way of me saying things as I see them, and it should n`t get in the way either, neither should you go with the old chestnut "a mod should know better" line, when I post something you don`t like

Ok fair enough maybe I shouldn't have come out with the 'mod' line. I apologise.

If you think that's how I behaved yesterday then fair enough, that's your opinion. Mine is exactly the opposite. However, I don't wish to be part of an inquest into how I've acquired a ticket. I've explained how I got one in an earlier post, that is it

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2013, 04:44:59 pm by The L J Monk »
I was added to the waiting list, I was fortunate enough to get a call. I dont know if i was 1st, 2nd, 5th or 100th. FULL STOP.

As you asked someone who was already on the waiting list, if there was a waiting list, I'd suspect you weren't first.

What's interesting is the fact that the person you asked is yet to get a ticket, and yet you got two.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2013, 04:49:58 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

As you asked someone who was already on the waiting list, if there was a waiting list, I'd suspect you weren't first.

What's interesting is the fact that the person you asked is yet to get a ticket, and yet you got two.

So now you're bringing into question the integrity of the ticket office staff? As much as you, Filo and ReadingViking would like to believe it, I don't effect who is on the list and at what position

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2013, 05:07:38 pm by The L J Monk »

So now you're bringing into question the integrity of the ticket office staff? As much as you, Filo and ReadingViking would like to believe it, I don't effect who is on the list and at what position

I said it was "interesting". You draw your own conclusions.

What really amazes me is that the man who said "what a crock of shit this club really is sometimes" has the temerity to accuse others of questioning individuals' integrity.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2013, 05:10:20 pm by roversam »
There's only one way to settle this     fight lol

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2013, 05:20:03 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

I said it was "interesting". You draw your own conclusions.

What really amazes me is that the man who said "what a crock of shit this club really is sometimes" has the temerity to accuse others of questioning individuals' integrity.

In what way does that outburst above have anything to do with integrity?

I was wrong to say that I'll admit it. I was frustrated at the time.

I'm not sure what your current vendetta is with me L J Monk. Are you another person on the waiting list by any chance?

Anyway I won't be saying any more on this subject, I feel that I have explained myself enough and won't be posting on this particular thread any more.

ReadingViling and anyone else on the waiting list, I sincerely hope that you are all as fortunate as I have been and manage to get a ticket sorted

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2013, 05:27:41 pm by The L J Monk »
I'm not sure what your current vendetta is with me L J Monk. Are you another person on the waiting list by any chance?
I have my ticket, but thanks for checking duck.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2013, 05:35:21 pm by GazLaz »
Me and BVG were put on the waiting list at no request of our own but by the generosity of Tracy who noticed our plight. We have both now been issued tickets and can both now stop crying about the situation

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2013, 05:39:04 pm by Filo »
Me and BVG were put on the waiting list at no request of our own but by the generosity of Tracy who noticed our plight. We have both now been issued tickets and can both now stop crying about the situation

Which rather proves the point Readingviking was making, that throwing the toys out and having a tantrum on here got you automatically put on the waiting list, whilst others had to phone up to gain the same privilege!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 16, 2013, 08:40:33 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

Which rather proves the point Readingviking was making, that throwing the toys out and having a tantrum on here got you automatically put on the waiting list, whilst others had to phone up to gain the same privilege!

Have to agree there.

The initial post (particularly given that it was in capitals) was particularly aggressive toward Tracy and Shaun.

Tracy & her staff in the ticket office do a cracking job & are thoroughly professional in all their dealings. I felt embarassed in the tone that BVG was taking yesterday morning.

Anyway, good luck to anyone who's managed to get a ticket this week & I hope all the others on the returns list also get lucky too.

I just hope it's a cracking day out for us all.

TracyB

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 16, 2013, 09:15:33 pm by TracyB »
Just to make things clear to all supporters, we do have a waiting list for any returns for the Brentford match, which is quite extensive now, therefore if any supporters cannot make the game for wahtever reason, please bring your tickets back to the ticket office so that we can resell them. 

Monday morning the fans that were turned away at the end of the queue, telephone calls recieved after selling out and anyone that we were alerted tothat had tried to obtain tickets first thing were automatically added to the list.  On the list we have a mixture of customers requesting 1 ticket through to 4, therefore it all depends on how many we recieve back to how quickly you will get a call.

Despite requesting additional tickets from Brentford on several occasions, we have been advised we have had the full allocation.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 16, 2013, 09:19:02 pm by IDM »
BVG was frustrated that the online method, his only practical option as he couldn't get through on the phone, was unavailable having been advertised that it would be.  The quantity of tickets available wasn't the issue, more that the advertised service didn't happen.

Once Tracy had explained, BVG accepted this and as far as I could see at no point had a go at the TO staff, more expressed understandable frustration at the situation.

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 16, 2013, 09:20:09 pm by ReadingViking »
Thank you for clearing that up Tracy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012