Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:32:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch Invasion  (Read 1900 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Pitch Invasion
« on April 16, 2013, 05:51:26 pm by ditch_drfc »
If we win the league at Brentford, assuming we get the trophy then, i'm begging everyone to back off with the pitch invasion. I love a good pitch invasion as much as anyone else, but i'd quite like to enjoy us getting a trophy too... So please let's not have one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Pitch Invasion
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2013, 06:00:21 pm by jonnydog »
I've never been one for pitch invasions. I've done a few in my time, but always thought they are done for any reason these days.

I bet nudga's invaded a few pitches in his time though ;)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2013, 06:06:05 pm by craigdrfc »
Pitch invasions??? Lets keep focused on Saturdays game with Notts County eh??? One word - Carlisle

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2013, 06:12:18 pm by RoversAlias »
Here here, Ditch.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2013, 06:16:10 pm by nice one rovers »
So, how about a pitch invasion AFTER we are presented with the trophy? Compromise.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2013, 07:31:25 pm by Boomstick »
As said in another thread, the possibility of a pitch invasion from either club is very real. I will personally find it very hard not to run on the pitch to join my fellow Rovers in celebration.
I won't blame any bees who run on the pitch either, if they win promotion by beating us. Although the potential for trouble is immense, thinking about it.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2013, 07:33:56 pm by Superspy »
Ideal scenario, bournmouth cock up and us and brentford both get promoted...party on the pitch?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2013, 07:37:47 pm by normal rules »
Crickey, talk about getting ahead of yourself. You obviously weren't at crawley, mk dons, bury,  home to Coventry and Carlisle.

Don't ever forget anything can happen in this league. I hope for a positive result but you just never know.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2013, 07:37:52 pm by RobTheRover »
One word..... Southend JPT. 

OK, thats 2 words, but I'm sure you get my drift.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2013, 07:54:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Absolutely. We've seen a number of 'friendly' pitch invasions over the years  and it's an opportunity for fans to really celebrate so, I'm with those who don't want to dismiss this as a act of hooliganism and just see it as an expression of sheer joy.

If the situation arises at Brentford where both sets of fans can share a unique moment in football. Congratulate each other, shake their hands, jump for joy or whatever floats your boat as long as we don't have any opportunist knobs who want to spoil it for the rest.

The Southend game was something special. First time I've seen anything like it and all the commentators and press applauded the appreciation shown to the Southend fans. It's something that will stick in my memory forever and it's how football should be.

I also remember the Carlisle fans staying back for the Championship celebrations at Belle Vue in 2004 when everyone expected them to disappear sharpish. They stayed there for the presentations, applauded and shared in our special moment. Good on 'em.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2013, 08:16:05 pm by MrFrost »
On the flip side, I remember a pitch invasion against Chester in the Conference play offs when it turned nasty and a few of our supporters ended up in the Chester end knocking seven bells out of them.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2013, 09:56:46 pm by MrFrost »
Wonder if there will be one on saturday

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2013, 10:05:08 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
If we go up there should be one. Look at Cardiff's tonight.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2013, 10:10:49 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Yes, and I got a broken rib at Chester!
And of course it is a criminal offence

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2013, 10:11:18 pm by MrFrost »
If we go up there should be one. Look at Cardiff's tonight.

It would probably be frowned upon by the majority of our support if there was one.
I don't see the harm in it. It seems the natural thing to do when winning promotion.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2013, 10:16:18 pm by Jimmydee »
I also remember the Carlisle fans staying back for the Championship celebrations at Belle Vue in 2004 when everyone expected them to disappear sharpish. They stayed there for the presentations, applauded and shared in our special moment. Good on 'em.

A few Carlisle fans joined us in the Park hotel after the game, I'm sure the landlord had offered cheap beer and put a disco on for us, the cheep beer lasted till 6pm and then the punters vacated and went into town to continue the celebrations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012