Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Simple lads and lasses  (Read 4758 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Simple lads and lasses
« on April 16, 2013, 09:48:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If we win on Satdi, Bournemouth and Brentford have BOTH got to win their last two to stop us going up.

Lovely.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Simple lads and lasses
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2013, 09:50:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And two draws would also now be enough wouldn't it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2013, 09:55:40 pm by IDM »
It would, but I'd rather we went to Brentford not needing a result...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2013, 09:59:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Easier said than done... the squeakiest of squeaky bum time now.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2013, 09:59:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Brentford are shot tonight, who knows what knocks they also got. Weds, Thurs and Fri and up to Hartlepool with two players out too. Thats a tough one for them now. Hartlepool are free to play in style, nothing to loose.

All good... next up radio sheff  :lol:

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2013, 10:03:03 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
we win sat ,either bournmoth or brentford fail to win we are PROMOTED

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2013, 10:07:15 pm by RedRover »
I think Bournemouth and Brentford will take 6 points each from their last 2 games (yes I know Brentfords last game is against us) so not only do we need to beat Notts County on Saturday, we could do with beating them by 3 clear goals.

I'm very nervous. Really hoped for a Blades win tonight.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2013, 10:09:25 pm by drfc1951 »
I think Bournemouth and Brentford will take 6 points each from their last 2 games (yes I know Brentfords last game is against us) so not only do we need to beat Notts County on Saturday, we could do with beating them by 3 clear goals.

So did i, think it will go to last game now.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2013, 10:11:36 pm by mutleyrover »
goal difference and goals scored incredibly close between ourselves and Brentford. hope its all wrapped up before we go there. losing out on goals scored would be sickening.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2013, 10:12:35 pm by Mr1Croft »
Because Brentford are now only 3 points behind us it does make for an interesting final game of the season. I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt us.

As for Bournemouth we said (after 4 defeats on the trot) they shouldnt catch us but they have won 7/7, so Im struggling to see how we can write them off so easily.

Its in our hands, but I cant honestly remember (without checking) the last time we won a final game of the season! Surely were overdue one?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2013, 10:14:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Lets not even think about the last game yet. Saturdays is rather a big one.
We HAVE to win. Anything else is just not worth contemplating

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2013, 10:16:57 pm by Woodhead Passer »
Because Brentford are now only 3 points behind us it does make for an interesting final game of the season. I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt us.

As for Bournemouth we said (after 4 defeats on the trot) they shouldnt catch us but they have won 7/7, so Im struggling to see how we can write them off so easily.

Its in our hands, but I cant honestly remember (without checking) the last time we won a final game of the season! Surely were overdue one?

2005/06 Tranmere 0-2 Rovers was the last time we won on the last day of the season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2013, 10:23:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I go, as ever, on statistics.

Let's assume we win on Satdi. Anything else is a disaster.

In that case, Bournemouth and Brentford MUST win both their last 2 games to catch us. I'd guess that the following are reasonable assumptions for the likelihood of victories for the other matches.

Brentford
Vs Hartlepool 50%
Vs Donny 40%

Bournemouth
Vs Carlisle 80%
Vs Tranmere 80%

That means that if we win on Saturday, the chances of us not going up are about 12.5%. 1/7 on.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2013, 10:23:43 pm by NathanDRFC »
Forget the other teams - we have to do it ourselves. Just win on Saturday and see what happens.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2013, 10:29:51 pm by RobTheRover »
I go, as ever, on statistics.

Let's assume we win on Satdi. Anything else is a disaster.

In that case, Bournemouth and Brentford MUST win both their last 2 games to catch us. I'd guess that the following are reasonable assumptions for the likelihood of victories for the other matches.

Brentford
Vs Hartlepool 50%
Vs Donny 40%

Bournemouth
Vs Carlisle 80%
Vs Tranmere 80%

That means that if we win on Saturday, the chances of us not going up are about 12.5%. 1/7 on.

Odds on NOT to go up?

Surely some mistake there, Bilston?

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2013, 10:34:05 pm by Prez »
You omitted something there BST with your odds calculations, we could still go up on goal difference even if them results all came in.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2013, 10:37:36 pm by JonWallsend »

I'm with you, been thinking for a while it's going to go horribly wrong. If we were to win 3-0 on Saturday and Brentford won 1-0, then we would go there able to lose by one goal and still go up. However, a 2-0 defeat at Brentford would see us slip below them on a 3-2 head-to-head record in their favour.
And that is just one of the many scenarios I've scribbled down on a piece of paper. I want to be positive, I generally am, but Rovers make me like this. Why am I doing this to myself?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2013, 10:38:02 pm by RobTheRover »
Yep.  A handsome win v County is definitely a bonus.

Now is a time for a show of force, a defiant line in the sand, an affirmation of our desire to go out there and win this mofo.  Lets put County to the sword and send a message to our rivals that WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2013, 10:39:06 pm by MrFrost »
We need to score a hat full on Saturday. I can see this coming down to goal difference.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2013, 10:46:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
How many sleeps?

Bloody nora, better make sure my lucky pants, socks, belt, shirt and trainers are clean and ready. Shit. Sure I've forgot something. now what did I wear at Wembley??

Flag ! Got it !!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2013, 10:46:45 pm by johnny rovers »
Brentford do not kick off until 5.15. If we win and bournemouth do not win then we have securred one of the two auto spots, if then brentford fail to win in the late kick off we are champions, its as simple as that!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2013, 10:58:31 pm by Superspy »
Brentford do not kick off until 5.15. If we win and bournemouth do not win then we have securred one of the two auto spots, if then brentford fail to win in the late kick off we are champions, its as simple as that!

There it is then, we win, bournmouth don't....Job done. We might be promoted by 5pm after all.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2013, 11:06:31 pm by johnny rovers »
Put brentford at the back of your minds due to there Late kick off, there's only one match that we need to keep tabs on whilst chearing on the might rovers and that's the bournemouth game. Of course if bournemouth do win and hopefully along with us we all need to decide where we are watching the pool/ brentford game. I'm opting for town.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012