Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:22:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lord Ryan, Watson and Bramall  (Read 5196 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Lord Ryan, Watson and Bramall
« Reply #30 on April 19, 2013, 10:22:01 am by DearneValleyRover »
And, by the way Norfolk, the club is not 'in our hands' as you allege. It is a privately owned company : PatienceForm. I'm not aware that any of us hold even a single share in that company. We, therefore, do not have our hands on anything to do with DRFC. We are paying customers. No more. No less. And that is it.
BobG

The VSC holds shares in PatienceForm, although it's only a couple of percent of the total shares at present.
The more members in the VSC, the more chance we have of increasing our share! So here's a link to sign up

;)

Good marketing  ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 19, 2013, 10:22:38 am by andysly »
I went to watch Rovers play Notts County in the second to last home game before we dropped out of the league, I took my daughter to what I thought would be the end of my club.
The comparisons are incredible, and to that we are indebted to our benefactors.
Back then we had players who'd have seriously struggled getting in my Retford side, the ground was falling down around us, you couldn't even get a hot drink or warm food never mind complain about the quality because staff didn't have a food hygiene certificate between them.
We were finished as a club, look now to tomorrow's Notts County match, we have a decent football team, potentially 3 points from our 5th second tier season in the last 6, a ground that many bigger clubs envy, an average crowd of around 5 times the size we had then.
£21 million is a tremendous amount of cash, but considering what it's brought to Doncaster Rovers it seems a bargain, I hope the directors feel the same.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 19, 2013, 01:28:50 pm by IDM »
John Ryan saved the club, and rebuilt it to where we are now with the other 2's help.

£21 million?  Priceless IMHO...

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 19, 2013, 03:15:55 pm by Wild Rover »
£10K a league match from each of them, thats the contribution over the 15 years. Mind, having said that TB and DW have not been there any where near 15 years, hope they do get to that point though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012