Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:43:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: terrible atmosphere last sat.  (Read 3864 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
terrible atmosphere last sat.
« on April 21, 2013, 04:24:12 pm by normal rules »
I got given some comps for the west stand for Sat which i changed at the t/o for the North Stand. Was it me or was the atmosphere non existent? I normally sit in the SS with Dad and bro and usually there is good noise created. I can honestly say i heard the ss twice all game. The few hundred county fans to my left made more noise. if this is the norm then i can understand why away fans tag the KM "the souless bowl". The ground really is lacking in any sort of acoustics and the atmosphere suffers. The noise just does not travel around the ground at all. I wonder at all if new grounds are designed with any sort of consideration for acoustics, because the KM clearly wasnt.

This is not a criticism of our support, which at times has been superb even with sub 8k crowds,  i just think that the ground does not lend itself to atmosphere at all.  It sounds great when your sat in the ss, but i get the imnpression past the halfway line and you are not heard. It was an eye opener going in the NS - never been in there before, and for a near on full ground the noise was very disappointing.

Im not going to talk about the game - i was so gutted i walked out at full time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: terrible atmosphere last sat.
« Reply #1 on April 21, 2013, 09:37:05 pm by ravenrover »
Please tell me what was there in that performance, except for maybe the last couple of minutes, that there was to get the crowd going to make an atmosphere?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2013, 09:47:38 pm by hoolahoop »
Please tell me what was there in that performance, except for maybe the last couple of minutes, that there was to get the crowd going to make an atmosphere?

That isn't the point ravenrover, those players needed lifting and some belief ..........they didn't get it on Satdi.
I was unfortunate to be sat in the West Stand (centre) a soulless place to sit and believe me it will be the last time I ever sit in there. Quite simply there were few if any vocal supporters in that stand it was shameful.
Btw the SS and the NW corner did their best and believe me the County supporters weren't a shade on the SS who were singing constantly. There's a lot to be said about the 'poor acoustics' preventing the sound from reaching from North to South and vice versa (it doesn't matter east to west as there is no noise made at all!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2013, 10:06:41 pm by ravenrover »
Sorry Hoola, but the team doesn't perform but the crowd should still get behind them? It doesn't work like that

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 21, 2013, 11:14:46 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry Hoola, but the team doesn't perform but the crowd should still get behind them? It doesn't work like that

Tell the Spurs fans that , City score and all you can hear is a raucous ''Oh when the Spurs go marching in'' they then gpo onto win .
Perhaps our supporters don't realise that we need to intimidate the opposition and scream for our team to give them self-belief. Obviously too many think the same as you and it's wrong.  :blink:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 21, 2013, 11:17:24 pm by RedJ »
We get behind them incredibly well away from home and they respond to that too. Look at the Crewe game, and Stevenage too.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2013, 11:23:20 pm by CusworthRovers »
Many more fella, and ironically, Notts County away was one of the best atmospheres

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2013, 11:29:58 pm by RedJ »
Aye, countless more, they were just the first that came to mind, especially ones where we've been behind and gone on to win.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2013, 08:18:04 am by IDM »

18 efforts on goal, a blistering shot tipped over, a few more decent saves, a disallowed goal, a goal line clearance etc etc.  Yes I know we lacked in quality on Saturday but not in endeavour.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2013, 08:33:33 am by FuzzyDuck »

...so how does it work?  I'm going to the game and I'll get behind them if they're good, otherwise I'll keep quiet?

I appreciate some go and don't sing at all because it's not their way.  Fair enough.  But if you are a singer, are there strings attached?  Sure, the team can play in a manner that gets people singing more/louder but what about getting behind them and staying there no matter what?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2013, 03:37:17 pm by newyankee »

I have to say that I am not 100% behind what goes on over here at Baseball games, but it works.

They have an organ player who plays several different jingles to get the supporters clapping and singing. It definitely workss, I've told people here that we don't need anything like that in England, it appears I am wrong. 

The other thing is the running advert board like tyhey have at premier games around the ground.  This goes when the organist is trying to get them to shout louder,

" MAKE SOME NOISE " and then "MAKE MORE NOIOSE". You would be surprised how that works in building up the atmosphere. I know some out there will complain, "Bloody Americanism", but it does work.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2013, 03:43:01 pm by goalkick »
I watch cleveland Indians and agree with your comments.plus the beer man being around helps.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2013, 03:43:13 pm by CraigyBoy »

Some people (mainly just football supporters) would say that "getting behind your team" is all part of being a football supporter? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else?

As for the general atmosphere of the km, it's rubbish, and i've always thought it rubbisdh. ALl t5his "south stand  barnmey army" and all that, it's just silly. The home crowd have been outsung and outsupported by every single away team this season, it's pretty rubbish aint it? Mind you, where I sit - the east stand near the away end - all you hear is moaning and shouting personal things at the players. In fact, on saturday one fat man in a box - a guy with a crap grey beard and a big red, high blood pressure face, was shouting abuse all game at copinger. As for the boxes near the away end, my god......the language and behaviour is appalling!! It makes me wince.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2013, 03:49:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
don't agree we've been outsung by every single away crowd? More likely you can hear them more because youre sat nearer to them...

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2013, 03:53:40 pm by CraigyBoy »
don't agree we've been outsung by every single away crowd? More likely you can hear them more because youre sat nearer to them...

Well, I am, youre right, but the support at the km is dire. How anyone can disagree is beyond me - and it's showing the sad biased crap that plagues football like a dose of the piles.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2013, 04:04:12 pm by bobjimwilly »

Well, I am, youre right, but the support at the km is dire. How anyone can disagree is beyond me - and it's showing the sad biased crap that plagues football like a dose of the piles.

There's a key different between support and atmosphere. We actually have some of the best support in the division in terms of numbers. Not really sure what you're getting at with "sad biased crap"? I don't think many will disagree the atmosphere is not as we'd hoped before moving to the Keepmoat; it can take quite a bit of noise to get the place going. But just look at games like Sheff Utd this season, or Southend a few seasons ago - it can be done!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2013, 04:54:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Has we have scored on Saturday, you would have heard the difference. You only had to hear the noise after those two close shaves to understand how good it can be.   

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 22, 2013, 09:00:46 pm by MrFrost »
The atmosphere was shocking. Not helped by the thousands of hanger on's expecting us to stroll to victory.

I suspect the same won't be said for the atmosphere from home fans at Brentford.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 22, 2013, 09:03:04 pm by Filo »
The atmosphere was shocking. Not helped by the thousands of hanger on's expecting us to stroll to victory.

I suspect the same won't be said for the atmosphere from home fans at Brentford.

You`re unbelievable, you moan all season about the lack of ticket sales and then when we do get a good crowd their hangers on!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 22, 2013, 09:04:02 pm by MrFrost »

You`re unbelievable, you moan all season about the lack of ticket sales and then when we do get a good crowd their hangers on!

Simply stating the facts. Or are you denying that was the case?

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 22, 2013, 09:42:44 pm by donnyallday »
Talkin of hangers on

How many freebies were dished out, because from what i saw, the amount of people walking around aimless, gorpin at their tickets and looking for seats.... im with mr frost on tht count.  just sayin.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 22, 2013, 09:48:04 pm by MrFrost »
Does make you wonder what the attendance would have been without voucher M, etc.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 22, 2013, 09:48:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No it's just incredibly difficult for some people to work out what that letter and number means.

Atmosphere was fine considering I thought.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 22, 2013, 09:50:09 pm by scaley back rover »
do we not want these hangers on to become regulars at all ? everyone starts somewhere and lets be honest any hanger on who wants to spend their money on rovers is a welcome hanger on to me. i also noticed that the club shop was very busy when i walked past maybe the hangers on were buying merchandise as well . JR and co cant keep bank rolling us all the time we need every penny.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 22, 2013, 10:09:47 pm by Filo »

I`m not denying anything, I`m simply amazed that all season you have a pop at the Doncaster public for not buying tickets, then when they do, you label them! I`m not sure you know what you want yourself!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 22, 2013, 10:12:23 pm by MrFrost »

I`m not denying anything, I`m simply amazed that all season you have a pop at the Doncaster public for not buying tickets, then when they do, you label them! I`m not sure you know what you want yourself!

Them to all turn up again next season. That'd be a start.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 22, 2013, 10:17:57 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha frosty, moaned all season about lack of support, then we get a full house. So you moan they aren't proper fans.
Class

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 22, 2013, 10:23:00 pm by hoolahoop »

Yep perhaps I should move away from the Polypipe then to hear our supporters..........you are deluding yourself bjw if you believe what you have written in your post.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 22, 2013, 10:23:26 pm by steve@dcfd »

Them to all turn up again next season. That'd be a start.

Season ticket holders like me will turn up and watch such a poor performance but the extras will not. This may be negative but f--king grow up its realism. We lost on Saturday with a whimper. We may, hopefully win on Saturday but the manager and the team must learn how to perform and win at home, if we had
this season we would already be promoted.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 22, 2013, 10:26:32 pm by dickos1 »
Have we not won at home this season? Only 2 weeks ago we beat two top sides at home, and our home record ain't that bad, 8th best in the division

TinyPortal © 2005-2012