Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:06:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 4000 empty seats at griffin Park today..........................  (Read 14030 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Do you have gravy at your chippys?  And WTF is a saveloy? ;)

:)  My missis used to get the chippy round the corner from us  get a box in just for her

and for the uneducated and for want of a better description  its a pink sausage   :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
Re: 4000 empty seats at griffin Park today..........................
« Reply #61 on April 15, 2013, 05:46:20 pm by Ealing Bee »
Do you have gravy at your chippys?
Tbh, I couldn't even say, since I never think to ask. Chinese chippies should do it, and I even think I've seen something like it at KFC(?). If you're desperate, probably best to bring your own.

P.S. Remember to keep it in a different pocket from your froth  ;)

And WTF is a saveloy? ;)
As Dagenham Rover said, it's a pink sausage, but with an orange skin.

I suspect the skin may be some sort of industrial plastic, which would make it the most nutritious part. You really don't want to know what's inside. Then again, after a few pints of London Pride, you won't care.

Go on, have one, you know you wanna!  :clapping:

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
easybee
are any of the pubs near the ground child friendly at all . Am taking nipper who is three and he may need a few fruit shoots while i have a pint for medicinal reasons

normal rules

• Forum Member
scaley - i assume you are ex Royal Signals???

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
current. what about u nr?

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
Mmmm, Fullers London Pride,  a highlight of an trip to London  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Mmmm, Fullers London Pride,  a highlight of an trip to London  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But  as EalingBee says take your own froth  tbh I tended to prefer Youngs

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 15, 2013, 09:25:35 pm by RobTheRover »
 :that:

(just uploaded a new emoticon  - enjoy, everyone)

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 16, 2013, 01:35:59 pm by Ealing Bee »
easybee
are any of the pubs near the ground child friendly at all . Am taking nipper who is three and he may need a few fruit shoots while i have a pint for medicinal reasons
Wouldn't think there's any problem with any of them under normal circumstances (certainly see kids in the Griffin), but they're all fairly small, back-street pubs, designed for what I believe are known in the trade as "Vertical Drinkers", and are guaranteed to be packed to the gills for this one.
So even if you get in early and grab a space, as k.o. time approaches, a 3 y.o. might feel intimidated by the crowding and noise?
The Griffin mightn't be too bad, since it has a 'Beer Garden' with B-B-Q (more a Beer Back Yard, tbh), so if the weather's fine, you could maybe sit outside. Alternatively, people also spill outside onto the pavement with their drinks and the Old Bill don't mind.

The other option might be to choose a pub a few minutes walk from the ground? What transport/route are you taking to GP - I could maybe suggest somewhere along the way?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Mr Ealing Bee.

After the game, what's the quickest way into central London? South Ealing tube or 65 bus all the way to Ealing Broadway tube?

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
thanks easy bee ,going on the supporters bus will test the griffin prehaps if the weather is good, he is quite could with crowds to be honest but to be honest have never tested this in a pub with a big crowd

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 16, 2013, 02:05:43 pm by Ealing Bee »
Mr Ealing Bee.

After the game, what's the quickest way into central London? South Ealing tube or 65 bus all the way to Ealing Broadway tube?
The 65 Bus runs past Sth Ealing Tube on its way to Ealing Bdwy, so you might as well get off there (Piccadilly line from SE is probably faster than the Central/District lines from EB, too).

The bus is liable to be very crowded, mind - Sat a'noon shoppers as well as football fans - so if you're taking it, best advised to walk back on yourself (i.e. away from Ealing) to the stop beyond GP, to try and get on before it reaches the ground.

Alternatively, if you're OK on your feet, Sth. Ealing is only a 15-20 minute walk from GP (E.Bdwy an extra 10-15 mins).

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Thanks Bee.

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 16, 2013, 02:23:14 pm by Ealing Bee »
thanks easy bee ,going on the supporters bus will test the griffin prehaps if the weather is good, he is quite could with crowds to be honest but to be honest have never tested this in a pub with a big crowd
I suspect the Buses will be parked on the side of South Ealing Road, to the North of GP. If you've got time, you could just carry on North (i.e. away from the ground), cross the A4 at the big roundabout (either a mad dash, or use the underpass) and "The Ealing Park Tavern" is just a few mins on from there on the left (about 10 mins from the ground in total):
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/18/1841/Ealing_Park_Tavern/South_Ealing

Now I should say, this is no longer a regular football boozer since they turned it into a 'Gastro Pub', it's posh (or aspires to be) and the price of the beer will shock you.

But.

It's huge, nicely laid out with tables etc and there's a lovely garden out the back, for your nipper to run around in etc. So if you don't mind being surrounded by middle-class London* posers etc, you could do worse? Possibly.

* - I'm not originally from London, btw  ;)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 19, 2013, 10:28:05 pm by 1879Rovers »
Looks like heading for a sell out. Brentford have just 450 tickets left.

Buckquat

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 19, 2013, 11:15:46 pm by Buckquat »
Do you have gravy at your chippys?
Tbh, I couldn't even say, since I never think to ask. Chinese chippies should do it, and I even think I've seen something like it at KFC(?). If you're desperate, probably best to bring your own.

P.S. Remember to keep it in a different pocket from your froth  ;)

And WTF is a saveloy? ;)
As Dagenham Rover said, it's a pink sausage, but with an orange skin.

I suspect the skin may be some sort of industrial plastic, which would make it the most nutritious part. You really don't want to know what's inside. Then again, after a few pints of London Pride, you won't care.

Go on, have one, you know you wanna!  :clapping:

Forget the Chinese chippies down south, your kids will be gutted as they don't serve beans.. ( in fact as I remember they don't serve them in Liverpool Chinese chippies either.. Philistines), unless someone can knows otherwise.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 20, 2013, 10:44:22 am by RobTheRover »
I'm not originally from London, btw  ;)

I bloody knew it. Far too friendly!

"Ealing Bee's a Rover,  he wears a Rovers hat! "

Listen out for that next Saturday,  mi old cocker.

;) 

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 22, 2013, 03:12:37 pm by 1879Rovers »
We let 4000 Leeds fans in. No problem with that.

Difference is, we were never going to fill the stadium against Leeds. Brentford have shown already this season, when there is a big game they will fill the stadium (Chelsea in the cup).

If it is a winner takes all on the final day, they will have fans clambering for tickets the same way we are. What is our average away following this season? Probably 7-800? (I am guessing), yet you suddenly want Brentford to give us up to 5,000 tickets because they had empty seats on Saturday.

I would hope that if it is winner takes all, the Football League Show would have the decency to step out of the championship and feature a League One game as the main game. That way, those not going, will get a live stream on the internet.

Have Rovers not thought about doing a live feed at the Keepmoat? Lots of clubs do it.

At what point have i demanded 5000 tickets? Rovers would never take that. 1800 simply is not enough. I would expect if the allocation allowed then there would be 2500 rovers supporters there. A block or two of the adjacent stand is all that would be needed.
Mark my words, there will be empty seats there and rovers supporters will be rightly complaining about it afterwards. Not that it will change anything.

I am marking your words - SOLD OUT!

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 22, 2013, 04:58:01 pm by Ealing Bee »
We let 4000 Leeds fans in. No problem with that.

Difference is, we were never going to fill the stadium against Leeds. Brentford have shown already this season, when there is a big game they will fill the stadium (Chelsea in the cup).

If it is a winner takes all on the final day, they will have fans clambering for tickets the same way we are. What is our average away following this season? Probably 7-800? (I am guessing), yet you suddenly want Brentford to give us up to 5,000 tickets because they had empty seats on Saturday.

I would hope that if it is winner takes all, the Football League Show would have the decency to step out of the championship and feature a League One game as the main game. That way, those not going, will get a live stream on the internet.

Have Rovers not thought about doing a live feed at the Keepmoat? Lots of clubs do it.

At what point have i demanded 5000 tickets? Rovers would never take that. 1800 simply is not enough. I would expect if the allocation allowed then there would be 2500 rovers supporters there. A block or two of the adjacent stand is all that would be needed.
Mark my words, there will be empty seats there and rovers supporters will be rightly complaining about it afterwards. Not that it will change anything.

I am marking your words - SOLD OUT!
Yep, afaik, when the Ticket Office closed on Friday, there were fewer than 500 left. And they all went within the first hour this morning, with some other disappointed punters turned away from the queue. And they were only selling them to people with a previous booking history on the Database (albeit up to 4 per person) i.e. they never had to go on General Sale in order to sell out.

Tbh, Donny tickets have sold out quicker than the Chelsea game - you should take it as a compliment!  ;)

Tbh,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012