Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 04:38:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If Flynn leaves........  (Read 5301 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: If Flynn leaves........
« Reply #30 on May 01, 2013, 01:19:58 pm by RobTheRover »
Rosler for me. He will be a top flight manager within 5 years.

LOL.  Can you imagine the carnage on the Brentford message boards?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 01, 2013, 04:48:47 pm by JBRover »

He's just signed a new contract at Brentford

Mattwak3

« Reply #32 on May 01, 2013, 04:54:04 pm by Mattwak3 »
Owen Coyle

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 01, 2013, 05:33:12 pm by Wellred »
a old head seems to becoming a thing of the past Dutch but Fergi is not doing bad at Man U is he.
I do think that some of the younger fans have to have a manager that is on their wave length and dont realise that there is very little that you can do on
a football field that has not been done before and experiance is required in the right set up at a club.
Managers on the side lines tub thumping does nothing to win a match but clear heads and the right managerial decisions do.
 And while i am at it acting like an idiot in the dressing room like Bennett did gives an insight as to why he has failed to kick on this season he has a lot of growing up to do or he will be chucking ice about behind a bar in two to three years.
Take some advice fella and start to act your age and man up

I am surprised nobody has mentioned that before.

But then no doubt most of our younger posters might think it acceptable.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 01, 2013, 06:18:41 pm by LincsRover »
We surely can't just let him go - he's just won us the League 1 title FFS! I know there are others on here who would say DS was the major contributor but what would we all say if Malky McKay was sacked from Cardiff for winning the Championship? (I know, I know, I'll be shot down by people saying that MM still has a contract etc.. but you know what I'm saying!). He's either got to be offered a contract as manager or moved upstairs to DoF or something?

I can imagine the headlines & bad feeling that "Football has gone mad" - wins them the title then moved on! Even if sentiment plays no part in football any more, he deserves better than that!

IMO I'd go for DoF, then he can influence transfers etc... (great at that - Firman, Lundstram..etc..) and watch over the youth side (our future), and we also get his undoubted influence over the players!

Surely he deserves that!  :chair:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 01, 2013, 06:22:39 pm by wilts rover »

He's just signed a new contract at Brentford

So did Mark Robins just before he left Coventry.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 01, 2013, 06:35:51 pm by Mr1Croft »
We surely can't just let him go - he's just won us the League 1 title FFS! I know there are others on here who would say DS was the major contributor but what would we all say if Malky McKay was sacked from Cardiff for winning the Championship? (I know, I know, I'll be shot down by people saying that MM still has a contract etc.. but you know what I'm saying!). He's either got to be offered a contract as manager or moved upstairs to DoF or something?

I can imagine the headlines & bad feeling that "Football has gone mad" - wins them the title then moved on! Even if sentiment plays no part in football any more, he deserves better than that!

IMO I'd go for DoF, then he can influence transfers etc... (great at that - Firman, Lundstram..etc..) and watch over the youth side (our future), and we also get his undoubted influence over the players!

This! This! And one more time: This!

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 01, 2013, 06:49:47 pm by BK29 »

Tbf Lincs, i am yet to see one rovers fan say let him go completely (ie. not DOF/scout). I think he's perfect for that role.

I know what i'd like to see.

Flynn as Director Of Football and also oversee/manage the reserve team with Rob Jones (share so he can concentrate on playing too). Paul Tisdale to be in charge of the 1st team and work with Flynn on what players to bring in etc.

Would work fantastically well.

It makes perfect sense Sir John.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 01, 2013, 07:15:07 pm by i_ateallthepies »
a old head seems to becoming a thing of the past Dutch but Fergi is not doing bad at Man U is he.
I do think that some of the younger fans have to have a manager that is on their wave length and dont realise that there is very little that you can do on
a football field that has not been done before and experiance is required in the right set up at a club.
Managers on the side lines tub thumping does nothing to win a match but clear heads and the right managerial decisions do.
And while i am at it acting like an idiot in the dressing room like Bennett did gives an insight as to why he has failed to kick on this season he has a lot of growing up to do or he will be chucking ice about behind a bar in two to three years.
Take some advice fella and start to act your age and man up

Not a decision I'd like to make.

For all of the reasons stated by others I find it hard to see how we could not give Flynn the chance without making ourselves the target of some very obvious ridicule, yet opinions voiced by others on here with doubts about Flynn's tactical nouse and his aparent inability to say anything enlightening when interviewed do ring a chord with me.

However, I have complete confidence that JR will have the balls to make the decision based on what is best for the club.  He hasn't done too badly on that front thus far.

and, completely agree with Selby's comment re Kyle Bennett.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 01, 2013, 07:28:38 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
Just had a quick scan through the thread so apologies if this has already been said. The interesting thing for me was giving Rob Jones a contract as Player Coach a couple of weeks ago (assuming that this is what actually happened). Cannot see any logic in doing that if we weren't considering keeping Flynny on as manager.
Surely any new manager coming in would want to have a say about his coaching staff and would not necessarily want to inherit a player coach - even if that person is a local hero.
For what it's worth, I don't envy Ryan and the decision he has to make but I would also keep Flynny in some capacity but not manager

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 01, 2013, 07:35:12 pm by Wellred »
After all the headlines about our last minute victory on Saturday can you begin to imagine what the media would have to say if we didn't give Brian Flynn the managers job?

We would be crucified by the press.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 01, 2013, 07:38:22 pm by BK29 »
Don't forget we'll have a reserve team tomorrow, so Jones may have been signed as player-coach with that in mind. I'm sureany new manager would be able to decide on his first-team staff, but the club may have their own ideas for the reserve team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2013, 07:46:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep, you wouldn't want Jones to be cast aside if a 'new' manager insisted on his own staff. On the other hand, a new manager will need Rob Jones on board and on-side to be the link with the players - could be a typical good cop, bad cop scenario.

I felt the same about bad PR if we didn't give Flynny the job, but that's only if it was felt 'A N Other' new manager didn't merit the job and Flynn decided to leave the club on the back of the decision. 

JR will pull something out of the bag. With the connections we have may be a former Wales manager possibly? (And I don't mean Coleman). If someone of the like was installed as manager with Flynn's blessing then everyone's happy. 

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2013, 07:48:04 pm by BK29 »
I'd cry if we gave the job to Mark Hughes. Can't stand the bloke. He'd be useless here.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 19, 2013, 08:09:01 pm by bfdoncaster west »
woh do you think will be manger

TinyPortal © 2005-2012