Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:41:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Monday night's non event.  (Read 7681 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Monday night's non event.
« Reply #30 on May 01, 2013, 07:25:31 pm by Filo »
I love these threads that get swamped by people moaning at people moaning.

You`ve only been registered a day, how do you know about all of these threads

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 01, 2013, 07:26:29 pm by BK29 »

Avid reader.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 01, 2013, 07:28:08 pm by Filo »

Avid reader.

Not former poster?

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 01, 2013, 07:34:04 pm by BK29 »

Avid reader.

Not former poster?

I used to be on that 'YAURS' but only ever read this site.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 01, 2013, 07:41:34 pm by silent majority »
I had a call from Gavin early Sunday morning, not only a catch up from Saturday but a bit of notice on what the club had to put in place. It wasn't just the stadium that had to be opened but the Police and local authority all had to be consulted with regard to the ceremony, the tour of Doncaster and the route had to be agreed, the players had to be told when and what to do, the stewards and extra staff had to be drafted in, the Football League had to be consulted and arrangements cleared for them to attend and do the presentations, the sponsors Npower had to be coordinated, the Npower and Football league display stuff had to be called upon, the tv and media had to be instructed on when and where to be, etc etc tec. Have I forgot something?? Oh yes, the presentation of the new kit and meeting with our main sponsors had to take place at 4.30 with all the shareholders and key management in attendance. Have I left anything out?

Oh yes, the awards dinner was to be held later that day and a further 300 people wanted to attend, so extra chairs, tables and food had to be catered for at the last minute. Now, some of you may be disappointed with the end result, and to be fair I had a quiet moan about something that bothered me, but in the end what an achievement in such a short space of time!

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 01, 2013, 07:46:19 pm by BK29 »
I certainly didn't expect the thousands that turned up, with such short notice!

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 01, 2013, 08:08:48 pm by StocktonRover »
Well for what its worth - I was at Brentford on Saturday and had an amazing day.
I was still buzzing on Sunday albeit with a sore head, very tired and was gutted that I wouldn't be able to make it down for the Sunday night celebration.

The inaccessability of the forum was robbing me of my fix so on Monday after recieving an e-mail from the club detailing the arrangements, I finished work early and travelled down from the North East.

I am so glad that I did, to see so may in attendance was excellent. To see the players still enjoying the moment and sharing it as a group with the fans and their families was fantastic.

Yes there were a couple of minor issues that could have been better but the event was still something I'm proud to have witnessed.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 01, 2013, 08:32:51 pm by podrover73 »
Was it just me or did anyone else who attended the promotion party at the Keepmoat feel let down?

Why was the club shop closed? We had a golden opportunity to sell off this years old kit at a reduced price.

Why was there so many seats blocked off in the middle of the main stand? I appreciate that the players wives, girlfriends, parents, children should have priority but why did we have to watch all the staff being paraded down from the premier lounge to their priority seats? There must have been at least 200 seats left empty whilst proper fans had to get a poorer view of events.

Why was there no fireworks?

Why didn't we get to hear from anyone?

Wouldn't it have been nice to hear John Ryan, Brian Flynn, Rob Jones and James Coppinger?

Then at the end why wasn't all the exits open in the west stand? We were herded towards the exits at each end while a steward stood by a closed exit in the middle which for some bizarre reason was locked.

Sorry rovers but I and others with me felt like gatecrashers at a party where you wasn't really wanted.

Hey Wellred with you being such a fan of sOD (not) maybe you should have complained that he was ever assocoiated with our club.
As you were such a fan of Saunders maybe we should have flown him in to take the applause.

F 's sake we just won the league in the last minute of the last game of the season.

What you going to go on about next season cos it's going to be a tough old ride?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 01, 2013, 08:41:37 pm by Wellred »
Was it just me or did anyone else who attended the promotion party at the Keepmoat feel let down?

Why was the club shop closed? We had a golden opportunity to sell off this years old kit at a reduced price.

Why was there so many seats blocked off in the middle of the main stand? I appreciate that the players wives, girlfriends, parents, children should have priority but why did we have to watch all the staff being paraded down from the premier lounge to their priority seats? There must have been at least 200 seats left empty whilst proper fans had to get a poorer view of events.

Wouldn't it have been nice to hear John Ryan, Brian Flynn, Rob Jones and James Coppinger?

Then at the end why wasn't all the exits open in the west stand? We were herded towards the exits at each end while a steward stood by a closed exit in the middle which for some bizarre reason was locked.

Sorry rovers but I and others with me felt like gatecrashers at a party where you wasn't really wanted.

Hey Wellred with you being such a fan of sOD (not) maybe you should have complained that he was ever assocoiated with our club.
As you were such a fan of Saunders maybe we should have flown him in to take the applause.

F 's sake we just won the league in the last minute of the last game of the season.

What you going to go on about next season cos it's going to be a tough old ride?

Shouldn't you be in bed by now ready for school tomorrow.

Childish comments.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 01, 2013, 08:46:11 pm by podrover73 »

Childish comments.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this but I am earning a crust at the minute - just be happy with what we achieved

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 01, 2013, 08:51:28 pm by Wellred »

Childish comments.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this but I am earning a crust at the minute - just be happy with what we achieved

Maybe you should start acting like an adult then and not post such childish comments.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 01, 2013, 08:55:31 pm by podrover73 »

Childish comments.

Maybe you should start acting like an adult then and not post such childish comments.

Childish comments - it wasn't me who wanted fireworks - anyway bit busy now so bye for now

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2013, 08:59:39 pm by Wellred »

Childish comments.

Childish comments - it wasn't me who wanted fireworks - anyway bit busy now so bye for now

Still haven't learnt have you?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2013, 09:01:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I had a call from Gavin early Sunday morning, not only a catch up from Saturday but a bit of notice on what the club had to put in place. It wasn't just the stadium that had to be opened but the Police and local authority all had to be consulted with regard to the ceremony, the tour of Doncaster and the route had to be agreed, the players had to be told when and what to do, the stewards and extra staff had to be drafted in, the Football League had to be consulted and arrangements cleared for them to attend and do the presentations, the sponsors Npower had to be coordinated, the Npower and Football league display stuff had to be called upon, the tv and media had to be instructed on when and where to be, etc etc tec. Have I forgot something?? Oh yes, the presentation of the new kit and meeting with our main sponsors had to take place at 4.30 with all the shareholders and key management in attendance. Have I left anything out?

Oh yes, the awards dinner was to be held later that day and a further 300 people wanted to attend, so extra chairs, tables and food had to be catered for at the last minute. Now, some of you may be disappointed with the end result, and to be fair I had a quiet moan about something that bothered me, but in the end what an achievement in such a short space of time!

No pressure then    ;)  personally speaking  well done for  all the arrangements   :thumbsup:

and actually I think half the problem was this site being down,   are you sure it wasn't a Bees fan running the hosting company  :whistle: frustations get the better of people

Thats not a go at the vsc as it wasn't their fault

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 01, 2013, 09:02:42 pm by podrover73 »

Childish comments.

Learnt what? , that you are right and we should all bow down to you oh mighty one 

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 01, 2013, 09:08:24 pm by Wellred »

Childish comments.

Learnt what? , that you are right and we should all bow down to you oh mighty one 

I didn't say I was right I just expressed an adult opinion.

Something you seem to struggle with.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 01, 2013, 10:45:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
A massive well done to all concerned at Rovers from me, really enjoyed it.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 01, 2013, 10:58:51 pm by BobG »
Having read this thread, and having not been anywhere near the KM I can only conclude that the Rovers did a pretty sterling effort in a pretty short space of time with a pretty complex set of issues and requirements to manage. So well done Rovers. Adults sometimes turn into grumpy old men. It's a real shame isn't it?

BobG

pubteam

« Reply #48 on May 01, 2013, 11:04:14 pm by pubteam »
I enjoyed the event. Obviously one or two things could have been done slightly better, but overall it was very good to say it had been organised at fairly short notice.

Only thing I didn't understand was why the microphone guy told us to stay behind after the bus left as it would be returning to the stadium. It did return, but there wasn't much to see as the players just headed back into the West Stand reception with the doors locked behind them.

Either way, only minor gripes.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 01, 2013, 11:57:51 pm by hoolahoop »
Wellred,

On the other side of the coin I was at Griffin Park and also at the awards ceremony on Sunday evening too. Come Monday I was tired and glad the trophy presentation was done reasonably quickly without it being dragged on for too long (remember Wolves away in 2009 and how long that took?).

I do however understand your points regarding certain aspects could have been better but this was an event that was put on in short notice, free of charge to us fans. I cant imagine the staffing problems for the people in the kiosks/stewards, but the club pulled it off. Little things may have been better in some people's opinions, but equally the club could have saved paying the staff that day and let many fans miss out by doing the presentation at Brentford.

Alright Lee, I appreciate you managed both the events.........many didn't. I also appreciate that we didn't need to have this on Monday night i.e. within 48 hrs and despite those that are slagging off Wellred he has made some very sound points.
1. The town didn't have time to know we were even having a celebration -what was the rush ?
2. The Club Shop and Ticket Office SHOULD have been open.
3. The whole sequence of events was farcical and basically turned into a non-event for those that did/didn't get 1 of the 1800 tickets for GP.
4. There were no interviews whatsoever, which I find strange.
5. You could see 'sweet fa' of either the event or the players for that matter if you were stuck in the SW corner.
6. There was no necessity to continually tell folk to sit down , were they expecting a crowd surge ffs!!

He-ho though we're all elated to be promoted as Champions but the club again looked ill-prepared imo. i did hope that things were going to improve. Btw Wellred is more than entitled to raise these issues without the 'you should be grateful ' comments.
He is rightly concerned as I am that we don't get all amateurish again ...........this is an entertainment business.

Cue the flak.............

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 02, 2013, 12:09:00 am by RoversAlias »
At least I can point to this thread next time Wellred tries to claim he is any kind of a positive part of this forum.

I went on Monday as well as Saturday and I enjoyed it. It didn't go on too long which was great and we all got to have a bit of a celebrate, some chants and a good time. Got some photos, I had a great time.

Cheer up or bugger off, we've just won the title!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 02, 2013, 08:13:58 am by IDM »
Hoola, like many others I could not get to either the game or the monday presentation.  I'd have loved to have gone to one or the other. 

What do you think matters most?  The fact we're champions, and deservedly so, and will always be recorded as such, and we have a chance of playing again at the highest level we've ever been.

Or, the way the celebrations were organised and presented?  We wouldn't have had the second without the first...

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion on anything related to the football club, but surely we should all be enjoying this moment without petty squabbles?

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 02, 2013, 09:26:39 am by Milepostuk »
I have to say, I was expecting a proper presentation with a few words before the trophy was handed over by whoever we were introduced too at the start of events from the league or the sponsors. As it was I didn't have time to get my camera out of my pocket before what passed for the presentation. (and before everyone says I had all evening to get the camara out, I was applauding the players onto the pitch)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 02, 2013, 09:58:43 am by Norfolk N Chance »
No need for the tour round donny.....although did manage (four of us) to raise a pint outside Yorks Grey!!!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 02, 2013, 10:02:11 am by rtid88 »
How the hell did you not have time to take any pictures?? Where was ur camera??

I applauded all of the players onto the pitch, cheered when we lifted the trophy and still managed to take over a hundred pic's!

Not to be funny but do the staff in the ticket offices and the club shop who work for the club all year round deserve to be apart of the celebrations??

As I have already said I genuinely just don't know what some fans expect, some people are just not happy if they are not moaning!!

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012