Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:11:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Which goal is THAT goal

WHITMAN v Chester
SIR FRANCIS v Daggers
HAYTER v Leeds
COPPINGER v Brentford

Author Topic: 'THAT' goal  (Read 3252 times)

BK29

• Forum Member
Re: 'THAT' goal
« Reply #30 on May 02, 2013, 01:27:20 pm by BK29 »
Ask the same question again in a year or 2 and the Franny goal would be the clear winner.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: 'THAT' goal
« Reply #31 on May 02, 2013, 02:48:23 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Have thought a lot about this and have changed my mind, mainly through changing the criteria for my choice

For the most important goal in Rovers history it has to be Sir FT, closely followed by Tristram Whitman's goal

But for most dramatic? Well I think Copps goal has a claim for most dramatic of all time in any competition.

Effectively there was a 2 goal swing in 17 seconds with each goal meaning something - the first (non scoring of penalty) changed the situation from playoffs to promotion, and the second (Copps) from promotion to champions.

I am sure there have been several matches where a penalty has been missed and the other side has gone up the pitch and scored. But with this level of significance and so late in the match - surely never?

There have clearly been countless games with a dramatic late winner, fewer where the winner has had greater repercussions outside of just that game (e.g. promotion, non-relegation....) but I can't think of any with a 2 goal swing of such significance in 17 seconds in the last minute of added on time?

Copps for me!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:27:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012