Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:55:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Neil Warnock  (Read 8184 times)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Neil Warnock
« on May 02, 2013, 10:06:07 pm by PaulRover08 »
Was told he was with JR in Zinis 2 days ago. Didn't post till now as thought Flynn deserved to be exempt from this kind of speculation until the club announced it was looking for a manager officially, as seems to be the case now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Neil Warnock
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2013, 10:07:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bawtry is full of football managers at the moment.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2013, 10:07:54 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
Yep, heard from two different sources Warnock and Ryan were out jogging round Bawtry.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2013, 10:10:01 pm by PaulRover08 »
Mock all you want. Check my profile, I am not a rumour spreader. Just telling you what a friend told me. I personally would welcome Warnock in the short term. Certainly wouldn't go down.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2013, 10:11:15 pm by mushRTID »
Mock all you want. Check my profile, I am not a rumour spreader. Just telling you what a friend told me. I personally would welcome Warnock in the short term. Certainly wouldn't go down.

Thats the key, he would keep us up im sure and thats our aim.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2013, 10:13:02 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Thought he was retiring. he said on FLS that he was looking to go into a director of football type role

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2013, 10:15:09 pm by BK29 »
He also treat Leeds top goalscorer like shite and practically firced him out and said he was useless and always persisted with Luke Varney ffs!

I don't agree that he'd keep us up... Uncommited, egotistical, Dinosaur who would have taken Leeds down if he'd have stayed.

I'D RATHER HAVE DICKOV!!!

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2013, 10:15:57 pm by PaulRover08 »
That is what I said when I heard but he has always stated he has a soft spot for Donny and what better to have on his CV than to take a pub team to the Prem. (yeah, i've had a drink).

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2013, 10:16:47 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
Doncaster is closer to Cornwall than Leeds.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2013, 10:17:24 pm by dickos1 »
He also treat Leeds top goalscorer like shite and practically firced him out and said he was useless and always persisted with Luke Varney ffs!

I don't agree that he'd keep us up... Uncommited, egotistical, Dinosaur who would have taken Leeds down if he'd have stayed.

Heard all this nonsense before when Saunders and flynn were appointed,

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2013, 10:18:02 pm by PaulRover08 »

He left because they didn't make the play offs (as promised). He got QPR up when all others failed, the Blades up and was firing with a low budget Palace but lets just focus on him not rating a striker eh

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2013, 10:21:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Yeah, but none of us rate Billy Kee so we're out of the running too. ;)

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2013, 10:26:00 pm by BK29 »

He left because they didn't make the play offs (as promised). He got QPR up when all others failed, the Blades up and was firing with a low budget Palace but lets just focus on him not rating a striker eh

He was going to be sacked about 2 month into the season at Leeds... It was only the takeover that stopped this (part of the deal).

I'd rather rate him on his last job (with a much better squad than ours) than jobs before that. I haven;t just focused on him 'not rating a striker' either...

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 02, 2013, 10:26:41 pm by Drover »
He's currently on sky sports one with beagrie n lee clark on the Footballers football show.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 02, 2013, 10:29:14 pm by PaulRover08 »

He was going to be sacked about 2 month into the season at Leeds... It was only the takeover that stopped this (part of the deal).

I'd rather rate him on his last job (with a much better squad than ours) than jobs before that. I haven;t just focused on him 'not rating a striker' either...

Have I missed something. We're Leeds a top of the table championship club before he took over? If you watched the Footballers Football show tonight you'd see NW saying he had 5-6 player lined up to come in and see Leeds challenging but couldn't sign them until the takeover was done and that took too long and he lost them. Why only focus on the last job. Is that because it supports your point more than an overall objective view.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 02, 2013, 10:30:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'd rather rate him on his last job (with a much better squad than ours) than jobs before that.

Whilst knowing nothing about the behind the scenes goings on? I'd rather go on his complete record from a number of clubs as being more representative of his abilities.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 02, 2013, 10:31:39 pm by PaulRover08 »
I'd rather rate him on his last job (with a much better squad than ours) than jobs before that.

Whilst knowing nothing about the behind the scenes goings on? I'd rather go on his complete record from a number of clubs as being more representative of his abilities.

Yeah but that wouldn't support his view

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 02, 2013, 10:32:26 pm by Drover »
If a decision is made and announced on our new manager tomorrow,then I think the fact its pretty quick after knowing if we got promoted hints it will be given to Flynn or someone already lined up like Dickov or Warnock,but I doubt its warnock reading between what he has said recently.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 02, 2013, 10:32:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The way Warnock praised Rovers on the Football league show last Saturday made me think he could be in line for the managers job. He has mellowed over the last couple of years and is one of the few characters left in the game.

However, if he were appointed he would be older than his directer of football in the likely event that it would be Flynn.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 02, 2013, 10:33:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Yeah but that wouldn't support his view

Well I say we should judge him only by his last post. :D

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 02, 2013, 10:34:19 pm by BK29 »

Have I missed something. We're Leeds a top of the table championship club before he took over? If you watched the Footballers Football show tonight you'd see NW saying he had 5-6 player lined up to come in and see Leeds challenging but couldn't sign them until the takeover was done and that took too long and he lost them. Why only focus on the last job. Is that because it supports your point more than an overall objective view.

No, i'd rather focus on his last job as it's most recent and it we can judge how he is now, off of that rather than 5 years or whatever, before.

Neil Warnock only kept his job for so long BECAUSE of the takeover.

The vast majority of his signings at Leeds have been terrible... He wanted Leeds to fork out 1.5M on wages and transfer fee's for a 34yo Clint Hill, no wonder they never trusted him with signings/money.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 02, 2013, 10:36:04 pm by wilts rover »

As opposed to Paul Tisdale who got his current team relegated and finished behind the might of Port Vale, Burton, Cheltenham & Northampton in the League? Hmmmm

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 02, 2013, 10:38:21 pm by PaulRover08 »

No, i'd rather focus on his last job as it's most recent and it we can judge how he is now, off of that rather than 5 years or whatever, before.

The vast majority of his signings at Leeds have been terrible... He wanted Leeds to fork out 1.5M on wages and transfer fee's for a 34yo Clint Hill, no wonder they never trusted him with signings/money.

If only football was as black and white as you are suggesting.

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 02, 2013, 10:39:46 pm by BK29 »

As opposed to Paul Tisdale who got his current team relegated and finished behind the might of Port Vale, Burton, Cheltenham & Northampton in the League? Hmmmm

Took them up from the CONF to L1 and kept them there for 2 season's on an absolutely miniscule budget. Playing nice football aswell as putting a big focus on the clubs youth.

He's done that while working well with a DoF too btw, which is a good sign if LFynn does indeed get that role.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 02, 2013, 10:40:45 pm by StocktonRover »

You seem to know all about the back room activities at Bell end Road - would't you be better posting on WACCOE?

BK29

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 02, 2013, 10:42:11 pm by BK29 »

You seem to know all about the back room activities at Bell end Road - would't you be better posting on WACCOE?

No i wouldn't be, because i'm a rovers fan not Leeds.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 02, 2013, 10:43:27 pm by MachoMadness »
I like Warnock, and I know JR is good friends with him, so it's believable if nothing else and I'd welcome it. However I do think Warnock is somewhat out of our price range.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 02, 2013, 10:49:50 pm by Donnybax »
This is from someone who masturbates every night to billy kee I'd rather not take your opinion as gospel thanks

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 02, 2013, 10:50:54 pm by wilts rover »

Took them up from the CONF to L1 and kept them there for 2 season's on an absolutely miniscule budget. Playing nice football aswell as putting a big focus on the clubs youth.

He's done that while working well with a DoF too btw, which is a good sign if LFynn does indeed get that role.

As did Dave Penney - who was found wanting when the stakes got higher. Paul Tisdale has a nice safe little job with a lovely little club, why do you think he hasn't moved? Waiting for Donny Rovers!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 02, 2013, 10:53:08 pm by MiKA »
Why tarnish our great reputation with a prick such as him!  Wouldn't be at all happy if he came here   :suicide:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012